Author Topic: Pro-Zelaya protest turns violent in Honduras  (Read 996 times)

Offline thundley4

Pro-Zelaya protest turns violent in Honduras
« on: August 12, 2009, 01:11:58 PM »

"A demonstration in support of ousted Honduran President Manuel Zelaya turned violent when a group of protesters set fire to a fast-food restaurant, an AFP reporter witnessed.
The protesters were returning from a mass march near the presidential palace when some began hurling rocks at a Popeyes fried chicken restaurant, and then set fire to the establishment, the reporter said.

Earlier, a demonstrator on a motorcycle was shot in the ankle by a traffic policeman, enraging a crowd that then set fire to a bus, a leader of the march, Juan Barahona, told AFP
Radio stations said police were deployed to disperse the protesters, who had gathered for the biggest show of support for Zelaya since his first aborted attempt to return to the country on July 5.

Some traveled by foot from eastern and central Honduras to converge upon the capital city."

I guess not all of 0bama's union thugs are working at the town hall meetings.  :fuelfire:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Pro-Zelaya protest turns violent in Honduras
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 01:51:44 PM »
The jug-eared Ø is gonna be so torn. 

They were demonstrating for an unconstitutional return to power of a fellow marxist, but DAMMIT! that was Popeye's Chicken they burned down....

:rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 04:58:52 PM »
Many of them came from Nicaragua and other pro-Venezuela countries too I bet

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 05:13:19 PM »
Many of them came from Nicaragua and other pro-Venezuela countries too I bet

You don't think the protest was 'Astroturfed', do you?!?! 

I'm shocked; shocked I tell you!   :zap:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.