Author Topic: MI5 targets four Met police officers 'working as Al Qaeda Spies'  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
Four police officers in Britain's top force are reportedly under close secret service surveillance after being identified as Al Qaeda spies, it emerged today.

MI5 are said to have homed in on the the "sleeper" agents passing secrets from Scotland Yard to the terror group only in recent weeks.

The suspected spies are believed to have used methods similar to those employed by the IRA in the 1970s as they infiltrated the police and the Army in Northern Ireland.

All four are understood to be Asians living in London and are feared to have links both with Islamic extremists in Britain and worldwide terror groups - including al-Qaeda training camps in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

MI5 chiefs reportedly believe the suspected moles have been planted as sleepers - agents under deep cover - to keep al-Qaeda informed of anti-terror raids planned by London's Metropolitan Police.

They are said to fear the four could have already accessed sensitive information about secret operations to root out terror cells planning further attacks in the UK.

Scotland Yard refused to discuss allegations that a sleeper cell of al Qaida spies is being kept under secret service surveillance after infiltrating the Metropolitan Police.

According to the News of the World, in the past few weeks MI5 agents have identified four officers suspected of passing secrets from the force.

All four are allegedly Asians living in London and are feared to have links with Islamic extremists in Britain and worldwide terrorist organisations.

MI5 bosses reportedly fear the moles may have been planted to keep al Qaida informed of anti-terror raids, and may have already accessed sensitive information about ongoing operations.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=528813&in_page_id=1770
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: MI5 targets four Met police officers 'working as Al Qaeda Spies'
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 02:44:11 PM »
'Asian' in Britspeak does not mean what it does in the U.S. for anyone who doesn't know.  Here it generally means Korean, Japanese, or Chinese; there, it generally means from India or Pakistan.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 02:45:20 PM »
Maybe FDR had the right idea.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 06:44:15 PM »

Now THAT's something I never thought I'd hear you say!

:rotf:

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 07:06:28 PM »

You kiddin' me?

I'm too the right of Augusto Pinochet.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 04:19:42 AM »
I hope the reason this has come out now is because something is about to break.  It is a worrying thought that there is a fifth column within the police force.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 06:29:11 AM »

You kiddin' me?

I'm too the right of Augusto Pinochet.

Mainly because FDR was to the left of Ted Kennedy.  His administration was saturated with Soviet agents and sympathizers, and he was so Big Government that he pretty much defined the term.  He wasn't even particularly anti-Nazi until war broke out in Europe.  He was also the one President who broke the custom Washington established of a two-term limit and made himself Preisident for Life, necessitating a Constitutional amendment to put what had been observed as a rule of moderation into into law since he corrupted the practice.  While personally I think he accomplished a lot of good on balance, including Social Security, most Conservatives do not think all that well of him.  Are you confusing him with Teddy?