Author Topic: Nature does what nature does, sends moonbat into therapy  (Read 16706 times)

Offline Vagabond

Nature does what nature does, sends moonbat into therapy
« on: June 16, 2010, 09:26:24 PM »
Ruby the Liberal  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jun-16-10 09:17 PM
Original message
Rural Life is not for me - tonight I realized why I love living in the city
 My Aunt works with feral cat colonies. She lives next to a state park.

As they can, they catch the adults animals and have them neutered. They seek to find homes for the (weened, neutered) kittens.

A few days ago, she was alerted by unearthly screams. She ran to the door in time to see an owl take off with a 4 week old kitten while it was screaming and its momma was pitching a eternal fit.

I can't seem to let go of this visual. I'm having nightmares about my own (adult) girl being attacked - even though we are in the city and she doesn't go outdoors without me and her harness/leash.

I can't even VISIT the humane society. Money is no problem, but I can't see these animals in need.

I know this is "nature" but I can't even imagine witnessing this.

How do I get this image out of my mind?

That was nature being nature.  Something liberals can't understand.  Every second of every day for an animal outside is an all out war for survival, and victory means they get the right to their next breath.  Showing this to a liberal can cause psychological therapy bills.

Bonobo  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jun-16-10 09:22 PM
Response to Original message
1. I'd rather see that than watch people step blithely over homeless people. nt

Yes, because we all know, that is all anyone on the city does all day is walk over homeless people....even as bad as DC is, they aren't that bad.

bobbolink  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-16-10 09:23 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. Thank you. I really appreciate that.

Yes, yes we all know you're a hobo, that schtick isn't even going to land you in the top ten this year.  Get a new act.

OffWithTheirHeads  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-16-10 09:43 PM
Response to Reply #1
17. + Life is a very brutal existence but, once you accept that
 you become more in touch with the reality rather than the myth.

Not to put too much of a fine point on it but, in the overall scheme of things, your existence is irrelevant. Sorry.

What we do echoes in eternity, no matter how seemingly insignificant.  Nelson was insignificant except that the men under him were well trained, and not just by him, and willing to do their jobs.  A Sunday school teacher in Philadelphia in the 1840s teaching a small class of students led directly to the ministry of Billy Graham.  An insignificant failure of a man named Karl Marx penned a wildly incorrect book on politics and economics in the 1840s that led to the deaths of over one hundred million people in the twentieth century as his acolytes tried to enact and perfect his hopelessly flawed ideas.  Every day matters, it is what you make of it.

Xipe Totec  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-16-10 09:23 PM
2. There are far more dangerous predators in the city
 Seriously.

Arugula Latte  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jun-16-10 09:46 PM
Response to Reply #2
21. I don't know ...
 I'm more afraid of people in rural areas than I am afraid of people in the city. Maybe that's the influence of "Deliverance" or something ...

Yes, people that merely want to be left alone are truly frightening to a moonbat.

rug  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-16-10 09:25 PM
4. Thanks a lot.
 "She ran to the door in time to see an owl take off with a 4 week old kitten while it was screaming and its momma was pitching a eternal fit."

Now how do I get rid of it?

Get rid of it?  The owl already got rid of it for you....oh, wait.  Another therapist cashes in.

EFerrari  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-16-10 09:28 PM
5. What was a 4 week old kitten doing outside in the first place?
 Edited on Wed Jun-16-10 09:29 PM by EFerrari
I live in a rural area right now and my cats do not go outside. We have owls and coyotes and turkey vultures here. They didn't go out in San Francisco, either. It took losing two cats but now I'm an indoor cat Nazi.

Yep, poor critters got outside and ran for their life.

Ruby the Liberal  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jun-16-10 09:43 PM
Response to Reply #13
16. Its just so heartbreaking. The violence doesn't make it any easier.

You and me, ain't nothin' but mammals, let's do it like they do on the Discovery channel................Blech!  What am I thinking?

Speck Tater (1000+ posts)      Wed Jun-16-10 09:36 PM
8. The antidote: Picture that poor owl starving to death if had failed to catch his dinner.
 Welcome to nature. I truly feel sorry for people who have so completely lost contact with nature the way it really is. It's about life. It's about death. It's real, unlike the artificial world of the city where reality is hidden from view wherever possible. I wouldn't go back to the city for all the tea in China. To live in a sealed building and not feel the breeze on my face. To not even know what phase the moon is in right now. What an empty, sterile existence! But yes, certain food animals are pampered and protected in the city, but surly you must realize how unnatural that is. Those cute fluffy little yellow baby chicks still end up in a box as chicken McNuggets, even if you hide your eyes from the act of slicing their throats and bleeding them out. City dwellers live in denial of reality, and the city enables that state of denial.

First sensical DUmmie in the thread.  Moley, Moley, Mole.

Ruby the Liberal  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jun-16-10 09:39 PM
Response to Reply #8
12. Thanks for that balance.
 Seriously - I wouldn't have posted if I didn't need the help.

You need more help than that.

elocs  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-16-10 09:38 PM
11. There is no way around it--nature is cruel. Maybe the owl had babies of its own to feed.
 The owl was doing something totally natural. To be honest, and I've had cats for decades, they themselves are natural killing machines and will, without a thought, kill any birds or small animals they are able to kill, babies or not.

Starting to sound like a food chain or something.  And no, DUmmies I don't mean McDonald's

EFerrari  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-16-10 09:43 PM
Response to Reply #11
15. My cat used to bring me mouse butts like trophies after a good hunt.
 She was so proud of herself. Of course, it made this burb baby just about stroke out every time. lol

Actually, she was trying to tell you that you're an ass.

Ruby the Liberal  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jun-16-10 09:46 PM
Response to Reply #15
20. Dear God, I need therapy. Seriously.
 Why is it that I found this funny, but am having nightmares about the owl?

Ugh.

Because you don't feed the mice and give them cutesy names and pretend they aren't violent predators?

Seriously, how dumb do you have to be to let an owl give you a nightmare.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: Nature does what nature does, sends moonbat into therapy
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 09:48:33 PM »
OMG! I'm an animal lover and I have to say that sometimes nature sucks LOL. I totally get how horrified this girl is. Hubby and I were doing a job once and there were a bunch of turkeys outside, well the turkeys were ganging up on this smaller most likely sick turkey and they were pecking him, my client said that's what they do to the sick ones, well I don't want to hear that. Well anyway I start crying and asked hubby if he could take the turkey in the car and drive him a couple of miles away to get away from the other turkeys, hubby gave me this look and said you've got to be kidding me, that turkey will go wild in the car, it didn't matter to me, I was just worried about the turkey. Another time I was at another clients house and I guess a feral cat was trying to feed her kittens and the cat caught a squirrel, I'm looking out the window and see the cat carrying this squirrel, I scream and start crying my eyes out.

I'm an animal nut and hate seeing any animal suffer. OMG I'm starting to feel like a leftist LOL.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 09:50:52 PM »
Why do I have the theme from Green Acres running through my head after reading that?

They all want to be Zsa Zsa and nobody wants to be Eddie Albert.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 09:53:13 PM »
Why do I have the theme from Green Acres running through my head after reading that?

They all want to be Zsa Zsa and nobody wants to be Eddie Albert.

Don't read my post then LOL.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 09:55:58 PM »
I meant that DUmmy's post about the poor widdle owl.  You beat me to the 'Post' button.

It is an honor to have your cat eaten by a hawk.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 10:01:24 PM »
I meant that DUmmy's post about the poor widdle owl.  You beat me to the 'Post' button.

It is an honor to have your cat eaten by a hawk.

Thanks! I had forgotten about that post.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 10:01:36 PM »
As level headed as my girlfriend is on just about everything else, this aspect of nature just gets to her. Especially when one of her cats gets a bird. I was in Richardson picking up a couple kippot a few weeks ago and she called me up freaked out that one of them had left her a bird as a present. Not that the bird was in the house, but that it was dead. But that's what cats do, I say. Didn't seem to appreciate it.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 10:11:58 PM »
As level headed as my girlfriend is on just about everything else, this aspect of nature just gets to her. Especially when one of her cats gets a bird. I was in Richardson picking up a couple kippot a few weeks ago and she called me up freaked out that one of them had left her a bird as a present. Not that the bird was in the house, but that it was dead. But that's what cats do, I say. Didn't seem to appreciate it.

I totally understand your girlfriend.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 10:42:00 PM »
I can't seem to let go of this visual. I'm having nightmares about my own (adult) girl being attacked - even though we are in the city and she doesn't go outdoors without me and her harness/leash.
You keep your ADULT child on a leash?!

Kinky

Well...smoke more dope...

/DUmmy

Pee Ess:
 :picsneeded:
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 10:48:38 PM »
Response to Reply #2
21. I don't know ...
 I'm more afraid of people in rural areas than I am afraid of people in the city. Maybe that's the influence of "Deliverance" or something
Well ya know...that WAS men forcibly sucking-off men so...run with that...ya know...

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 10:49:04 PM »
There is never a time when one part of Nature isn't at war with another part of nature.

"As Plato discerned, there is a streak of the irrational in the World Soul."
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 10:52:43 PM »
I totally understand your girlfriend.

I once had a girlfriend freak out when a coatimundi walk past with a lizard in it's mouth.  I hate to say I knew the relationship wasn't going any further right at the moment but kept it going for my own selfish reasons for a few more weeks anyway.

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 11:06:11 PM »
Ruby the Liberal  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jun-16-10 09:46 PM
Response to Reply #15
20. Dear God, I need therapy. Seriously.

OMG!!!111

Hey ya'll...caption THAT pic!

`Scuse me...I'll be laughing for a week over that statement...

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 11:17:50 PM »
I once had a girlfriend freak out when a coatimundi walk past with a lizard in it's mouth.  I hate to say I knew the relationship wasn't going any further right at the moment but kept it going for my own selfish reasons for a few more weeks anyway.

LOL, my husband is a fisherman and his friends are fishermen and hunters, but I think he's amused by my feelings toward animals. When he goes fishing and comes home I always ask if he threw all the fish back, he just gives me that look like are you kidding.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 04:25:33 AM »

The cat was trying to "prove" itself to your girlfriend.  The cat, by bringing a kill to her, was saying, "See?  Look what I can do for you!"
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 07:43:49 AM »
Actually, she was trying to tell you that you're an ass.
:lmao:

I had to go google "coatimundi."  Never heard of it. 

I have a woods, and will sometimes hear an owl successfully obtain dinner.  I can't freak about that, I just think, "well, the owl needs to eat, too."  Nevertheless, I can't watch it on TV, like on that series "Life."  I just have to change the channel till it's over. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 08:00:20 AM »
I've had a couple of encounters with birds of prey while deer hunting.  One was sitting on a watch and having a great horned owl fly into a hemlock tree about 15 yards from me.  When it saw me move my head maybe 1/2", it got out of dodge.  The other found me in a tree stand, and I was nodding off . . . and this red-tail hawk decided that my gray hair sticking out from under my cap looked like a squirrel, and came at me.  It got maybe 20 yards away before it pulled up.  Scared the snot out of me.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 08:05:38 AM »
If and when the SHTF, we know who is going to eat and who ain't.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 09:50:37 AM »
She ran to the door in time to see an owl take off with a 4 week old kitten while it was screaming and its momma was pitching a eternal fit.

I can't even VISIT the humane society. Money is no problem, but I can't see these animals in need.

I know this is "nature" but I can't even imagine witnessing this.

And yet, the result of a human abortion would not phase this DUmmie in the least -- hell, no doubt she'd be outside the clinic with a NARAL sign, cheering it on . . .
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 10:01:07 AM »
LOL, my husband is a fisherman and his friends are fishermen and hunters, but I think he's amused by my feelings toward animals. When he goes fishing and comes home I always ask if he threw all the fish back, he just gives me that look like are you kidding.

You so remind me of my wife. I have to take off the heads (and tails) of the trout I catch, so they don't "look" at her.   :lmao:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2010, 12:34:03 PM »
I've had a couple of encounters with birds of prey while deer hunting.  One was sitting on a watch and having a great horned owl fly into a hemlock tree about 15 yards from me.  When it saw me move my head maybe 1/2", it got out of dodge.  The other found me in a tree stand, and I was nodding off . . . and this red-tail hawk decided that my gray hair sticking out from under my cap looked like a squirrel, and came at me.  It got maybe 20 yards away before it pulled up.  Scared the snot out of me.

Was out dove huntin' once and had a red tail take a dive at me! I didn't know he was there! I heard this real high pitched sound, almost like a siren above me. That puppy was really movin! Only when I looked up did the critter pull off and away!

He hung around screechin' until he scared all the doves off, bastard! Guess he didn't like me takin' his dinner!

I swear he was damn near breakin' the sound barrier when I looked up!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2010, 01:00:36 PM »
And yet, the result of a human abortion would not phase this DUmmie in the least -- hell, no doubt she'd be outside the clinic with a NARAL sign, cheering it on . . .

Excellent response! :cheersmate:

Where are the threads talking about the horror of partial birth abortions? oh yeah, let's get graphic here, baby partially born and a scalpel is shoved into the neck to sever the spine, or let's discuss watching an ultrasound of a baby being aborted and the baby struggling to survive, where are the nightmares of the left when it comes to this issue?

I dare DU people to watch these:

[youtube=425,350]s_W75zh1j2I[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]UX7goxsip6Y[/youtube]

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2010, 01:39:19 PM »
Was out dove huntin' once and had a red tail take a dive at me! I didn't know he was there! I heard this real high pitched sound, almost like a siren above me. That puppy was really movin! Only when I looked up did the critter pull off and away!

He hung around screechin' until he scared all the doves off, bastard! Guess he didn't like me takin' his dinner!

I swear he was damn near breakin' the sound barrier when I looked up!

What I didn't tell you was that I got the evil eye from that hawk when it finally landed in a dead tree, about 20 yards to my right.  I could tell that this was one pissed-off hawk.

Chase her.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2010, 02:08:00 PM »
I had a moonbat girlfriend in college, you shoulda seen the fit she pitched after watching a documentary on tv where a adolescent chimp is grieving over the corpse of its mama. I seriously though I would have to take her to a looney bin for a few days.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 02:11:43 PM »
Response to Reply #2
21. I don't know ...
 I'm more afraid of people in rural areas than I am afraid of people in the city. Maybe that's the influence of "Ignorance" or something
Edited for accuracy.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori