Author Topic: Brothers' 92 years end the lifelong way: as twins  (Read 2438 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Brothers' 92 years end the lifelong way: as twins
« on: June 03, 2011, 11:44:44 AM »
I found this one out there in the ether . . . I think I saw it on Yahoo.  Not sure.

Brothers' 92 years end the lifelong way: as twins

Friars with Bona ties die together in hospital

Updated: June 3, 2011, 10:34 AM

From the moment of their birth in Buffalo 92 years ago, twin brothers Julian and Adrian Riester rarely left each other's side.

They played together, went to school together, as young men traveled cross-country together -- and, in their 20s, joined the Franciscan order together.

And on Wednesday, after 65 years as identical twins wearing the identical brown robes of the Franciscans -- mostly at St. Bonaventure University -- Brother Julian Riester and Brother Adrian Riester died together at St. Anthony Hospital in St. Petersburg, Fla. Julian died Wednesday morning, followed by Adrian in the evening.

Those who knew the Riesters best say they are not surprised at all.

"If ever there is a confirmation that God favored them, this is it," said their cousin and close friend Michael Riester of Buffalo. "They weren't even separated for 12 hours."

A bit further in the article, it mentions the existence of some "incidents" that caused both of them to lose their drivers' licenses, and how they never told their superiors which one was born first--thus confounding them, who were looking for who was older, in terms of who was "senior" and who was "junior."  These guys sounded like they liked to have fun--my type of Catholic clergy. :-)

The rest of the article is at:

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article442210.ece

Read also how they were going to join the Army, and the notice that they were accepted as clergy arrived hours before their draft notices . . . !

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Re: Brothers' 92 years end the lifelong way: as twins
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 11:48:56 AM »
that's amazing.....I wonder if they died within hours of each other was because of a broken heart or was it because they were identical and that our bodies are "timed" when they end?

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Brothers' 92 years end the lifelong way: as twins
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 11:59:55 AM »
I wonder if God creates brothers for a reason.  I'd like to ask him about mine. :mental:

One of those weird 'brother' things.  We both chose the same PIN number for our bank accounts.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.