Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program review & more!  (Read 11805 times)

Offline ColonelCarrots

Kerbal Space Program review & more!
« on: June 18, 2013, 01:05:09 PM »
Kerbal Space Program is a game centered around trial and error. You begin with building gargantuan rockets, and learn that you won't may it off the ground. Crap. Next rocket is slightly smaller, but you still manage to mess something up, and it explodes into a million pieces. Well sooner or later you got a rocket hurdling towards the Kerbin heavens, and you have no idea how to get it into orbit. Once you get your ship into orbit you see the moon. You get to the Mun, and you realized you've stranded your Kerbals there. So you build a lander to pick them up and you try to bring them home. Great! You've made it to the Mun, and then you see Duna, which is the Kerbal Mars, and you want to make a colony there. Land a rover to explore. Launch probes out to deeper space.

Kerbal is a game where you think. It involve planning, and it's just lots of fun. For only $23 you can get hours of comedy.

You can even mod the game at the Kerbal Spaceport. I particularly like mods that don't really change the level of difficulty. I like part mods that add cargo holds where I can launch a satellite out of the back of my shuttle. Things that make sense.

Also, Scott Manly, a youtuber who plays a lot of KSP. He is really smart, and knows what he's doing. If there's a technical mod that you don't know how to use, he probably did a tutorial or uses it and explains it while he plays. Does mod reviews as well.

But my father proposed we do something like give each other missions to complete.

My first challenge, should you choose to accept it, launch a small space station and orbit around the Mun. Pics or it didn't happen.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 01:13:06 PM by ColonelCarrots »

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Kerbal Space Program review & more!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 02:12:35 PM »
I've got a satellite in kerbin-synchronous orbit, half a space station in near orbit and an unmanned probe on the Mun.

Right now I'm trying to get a viable plane design.

How 'bout you?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 04:55:16 PM »
Got a satellite in orbit at about 300,000 meters above Kerbin. Designing a space station system that will interlock. I want to create a Z like design for optimal spacing.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 10:26:26 AM »
I have so many mods installed that it takes KSP about 20 minutes to load them all.

I don't have any cheat mods either. Most of them just add logical parts like robotic arms, winches, space station parts, Space plane parts, mining for fuel, aerodynamic physics, things like that.

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 10:33:33 AM »
Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Odd, your post seems to have crashed their web server.

Edit: Seriously though, they do seem to be having a problem with SSL, or maybe it's just me.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 10:45:01 AM by EagleKeeper »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 09:02:42 AM »
KSP is a lot of fun, but my computer doesn't like it very much. I started with small rockets in the Demo and worked my way up to larger ones that worked, but I've still never landed on anything else like the Mun.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 06:04:30 AM »
[youtube=425,350]gsSlKsU7p6Q[/youtube]