Current Events > Politics

Hollywood’s Campaign

(1/3) > >>

TheSarge:
Here we go again. Hollywood is doing their best to meddle in the 2008 election — and tinseltown is already all atwitter: “Although Oliver Stone’s biopic on George W. Bush won’t start filming until next week in Shreveport, Louisiana, Lionsgate has picked up the rights and already set a release date — October 17th, 2008. You heard me right — they’re releasing W just a few weeks before the election!” This will be the third election in a row that a highly charged political film was released right before the nation heads to the polls, so I guess we can call it a trend.

Personally, I couldn’t be more excited. With political films now quadrennially in vogue, perhaps my agent can get someone to take a meeting about my script, Wide Stances, Narrow Minds: The Larry Craig Story. But on another level, I’m excited because the only thing more entertaining than a Hollywood summer blockbuster is watching Hollywood flail around in the political arena.

Oliver Stone’s new Bush biopic, starring Barbra Streisand’s son-in-law in the title role, is certainly shaping up to be entertaining, though likely not in the way he intends. Stone, the noted paranoiac visionary behind JFK and Nixon, will take a stab at tarnishing the legacy of George W. Bush by rushing out a film while he’s still in office. Conceived as a mean-spirited parody, the film projects to be laughably predictable.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=OGMzNTM1MWY5MjZjOGEzN2EzY2M3YjBmZTI2NWRkNTg=

Lord Undies:
This should be interesting.  It has never taken Oliver Stone less than two years to make a movie.  He is a stoned-out control freak who can take three weeks to shoot a ninety second scene. 

I have never like Oliver Stone's movies.  Most of them are downright painful.  The good news is with each new movie release, more and more of the viewing public shares my opinion.  Stone doesn't have half the audience or respect he once did enjoy.  "Alexander" almost put his franchise out of business. 

Chris_:
The library across the street is loaded with books published before the '02, '04, and '06 elections that tried to sway voters.  Every author that had a manuscript was on the Today Show, GMA, and whatever that other station does for a morning show.

They're all gathering dust, and George Bush is still in the White House.

TheSarge:

--- Quote from: Chris on May 17, 2008, 09:12:55 PM ---The library across the street is loaded with books published before the '02, '04, and '06 elections that tried to sway voters.  Every author that had a manuscript was on the Today Show, GMA, and whatever that other station does for a morning show.

They're all gathering dust, and George Bush is still in the White House.

--- End quote ---

And instead of "getting it"...the Libs think they need to churn out even MORE hateful crap to try and "reach" the people.
 :whatever:

DumbAss Tanker:
Of course, the question of "Who would go to see an Oliver Stone pic after all anymore?" sits there silently mocking the entire charade....

:rotf:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version