Current Events > Politics

America Needs Another George......

(1/2) > >>

Rebel Yell:
I thought I'd leave this one with y'all before I go.  From an unlikely source, he has been considered a right wing extremist.

--- Quote ---Feb 22

America needs another George…
Soon enough I’ll be posting a videocast discussing Conservatism (should always be spelled with a capital “C” out of respect) in the way I define the true, real and pure version of it. On this occasion let me just say this. Although all the republican candidates were running to be the next Ronald Reagan, become the embodiment of what they and the pseudo-conservative punditry called Reagan Conservatism, I think Ronald Reagan, himself, would be the first one to say, “Gentlemen, what this country needs right now is not another Ronald Reagan. What America needs is another George Washington.”

Conservatism, men and women, didn’t begin with Ronald Reagan. He didn’t create it. He didn’t found it. Even he admitted and told us this by speaking so frequently, eloquently and inspirationally about this country’s history and what from there we should be most concerned to preserve. Those who speak from their highly-rated and -paid pulpits telling us Reagan did create it and only he represents what Conservatism is are only revealing their complete ignorance. Of course, most of today’s populus is ignorant right along with them.

Recapturing Conservatism back to the Founding of this country would be one thing and it would be great if we could only just do that. But Conservatism, as a philosophy, is something you are born with, and the enlightenment and evolution of it are one and the same as Western Civilization. Reagan was a cowboy who admired America’s homegrown western traditions. But Homer is where you must start to be grounded in Western Civilization. There are the 80’s of the Nineteen Hundreds and there are the 80’s of the BC years long before the, now past, few thousand years since then. Way, way, way back there is will where you find the original and purest ideals that define Conservatism. Beginning with this one simple idea: the human being is capable of thinking and providing for himself. The entire, true essence of the Founding of this country rests on that one simple idea.

If you think Conservatism began in the period of history only 20-30 years ago, you are nothing more than a classic moron who’s doing nothing to conserve anything except silly stuff and your own superficial ass. If you know Conservatism has been there since the beginning of man’s time, you’re a real Conservative in the true, classical philosophical sense; and you understand the innate responsibility every human being is born to “Conserve” what is important for all mankind and the prospect of continued civilized times.

Happy Birthday, George Washington.

Your Founding Father of Classical Human Conservatism,

Always Believe,

Warrior
--- End quote ---

http://www.ultimatewarrior.com/blog/2008/02/22/america-needs-another-george/

john c calhoun:
good post...

and I feel mccain will be a step in the right direction...

ReardenSteel:
Great stuff. Read a great biography on Wahington last year and just finished 1776 a few weeks ago. We need more like him for sure.

By the way, I'd have been very farking mad if "America Needs Another George...... " had not been followed by "Washington", lol.

(Or "Burns" I guess.)

(Or "Lucas")

(Or "of the Jungle")

On edit:

(Or "Foreman")

john c calhoun:

--- Quote from: ReardenSteel on May 19, 2008, 10:01:57 AM ---Great stuff. Read a great biography on Wahington last year and just finished 1776 a few weeks ago. We need more like him for sure.

By the way, I'd have been very farking mad if "America Needs Another George...... " had not been followed by "Washington", lol.

(Or "Burns" I guess.)

(Or "Lucas")

(Or "of the Jungle")

On edit:

(Or "Foreman")

--- End quote ---

or 'clooney' ?  :lmao:

and if you're a packers fan, "teague"

Rebel:
Jefferson, ya chackas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index