Author Topic: Wii Fit Review  (Read 4668 times)

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Wii Fit Review
« on: January 05, 2009, 07:50:55 PM »
Wii Fit is an add on for the Nintendo Wii that includes a balance board and several games and activities that use the balance board and sometimes the Wii controller to give feedback to the user.

Wii Fit probably wont appeal to hardcore fitness geeks and they would probably find it boring.  It seems to be targeted at people who find working out boring and so don't normally do it.  Wii Fit's activities focus on yoga, strength training, aerobics, and balance games.

When first starting up Wii Fit, a little Wii Fit balance board asks a series of questions and measures one's center of gravity and weight.  Then the little bugger issues it's judgement of whether one is fit or fat based on BMI and gives an fitness age to the individual user that maybe be higher or lower than the person's actual age.

My personal experience with the Wii Fit is that it is a fun way to learn Yoga poses and do a little more exercise.  My favorite activities are yoga and certain balance games and running in place.

One thing that would make the Wii Fit even better is if one could personalize a routine instead of having to go from pose to pose and activity to activity or even if it had a sort of randomly generated routine such as the fitness routine for Wii Sports but overall it is a great deal of fun and I like the biofeedback when doing yoga to know where my center of gravity should be.  I give it an 88% of 100% and maybe the score would go up depending on what else is available to use with Wii Fit in the future.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
Re: Wii Fit Review
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 11:33:31 AM »
I don't own one my self but I've read good reviews about it.Here are a few:
Wii Fit
More Reviews on Wii Fit

It would be a good investment for a healthy body.
There will always be "Battles" to fight.

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 05:02:51 PM »
I don't own one my self but I've read good reviews about it.Here are a few:
Wii Fit
More Reviews on Wii Fit

It would be a good investment for a healthy body.
I like it a lot.  The more I do the yoga the less I worry about the little red dot to concentrate on the form and breathing and then look at the replay for the feedback.  Sometimes it is looking at the red dot that makes the red dot move around a lot.

I signed up for Gamefly which is a Netflix-type game rental company and rented another fitness program which doesn't use the Fit but  I am curious to see if it is fun enough w/o the feedback.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 11:10:22 PM »
I really want to get this for my 15 year old DD and I would like to use it as well.  I have a trainer and I do cardio 6 days a week but I thought this might be a nice add-on.
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

Sometimes I aim to please, but mostly I just shoot to kill.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 11:11:35 PM »
I really want to get this for my 15 year old DD and I would like to use it as well.  I have a trainer and I do cardio 6 days a week but I thought this might be a nice add-on.

Braggart!!!!!  I don't work out AT ALL.   :tongue:

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 05:44:51 AM »
Braggart!!!!!  I don't work out AT ALL.   :tongue:

I only WISH I could look like you by NOT working out.  *sigh*

Offline Flame

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 09:08:30 AM »
Hey...you both could look like me by not working out!  :-)

Although I'm a little better, at least when the weather is above 15 degrees out! (BTW, Tess, I moved from FL to WV)

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 09:16:44 AM »
Hey...you both could look like me by not working out!  :-)

Although I'm a little better, at least when the weather is above 15 degrees out! (BTW, Tess, I moved from FL to WV)

You did?  Zamn!  I was going to email you and let you know that we are headed down at the end of this month.   :(

Offline Flame

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 09:35:32 AM »
You did?  Zamn!  I was going to email you and let you know that we are headed down at the end of this month.   :(

Yeah, I miss the hell out of it, too, but the work situation for the other 1/2 wasn't that great.  We plan on going back down there when we retire, though.

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 09:39:39 AM »
Yeah, I miss the hell out of it, too, but the work situation for the other 1/2 wasn't that great.  We plan on going back down there when we retire, though.

Very cool!  So do we!!  Well, we plan on at the very least splitting time.

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 09:30:11 PM »
If you do get one let me know how you like it.  Normally I hate working out but I love playing games so this works for me.

My favorite activities since I last posted are this one that is a boxing game like TiBo and I started exploring the strength exercises.
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 09:52:59 PM »
If you do get one let me know how you like it.  Normally I hate working out but I love playing games so this works for me.

My favorite activities since I last posted are this one that is a boxing game like TiBo and I started exploring the strength exercises.

That is VERY cool!  I have heard so many good things about the wii fit.  I will definitely keep you in the loop!

Offline Flame

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 08:02:50 PM »
Finally found a WiiFit!  Woohoo!

Played it for a while tonight, and it's quite entertaining....even Mr Flame liked it!

Totally recommend it!

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 08:38:41 PM »
Finally found a WiiFit!  Woohoo!

Played it for a while tonight, and it's quite entertaining....even Mr Flame liked it!

Totally recommend it!

YAY!  I have to decided to wait and pick one up after we get back from Orlando.  I'll be wiifitting in Feb!