Interests > Health & Fitness

sore as Hell

<< < (2/3) > >>

debk:
Frank....I have a low normal body temp also. And am usually wrapped in a fleece throw at my desk, except when I'm having a "flash"...

I don't move around much during the night. Usually, I stay in the same position unless I get hot being "trapped" by a cat or two on top of the covers, and then I may move a leg to "wake it up" and cool off.

When the weather is cold, I seem to scrunch up even more...almost a fetal position. And not move for several hours. When I do move or get up in the morning, my muscles are stiff and achy until I get moving around.

I have also found that taking potassium helps loosen up the muscles. When I am low on the potassium or have not had enough liquids, my muscles feel "weird". I don't like bananas, though I am quite fond of avocados and I do drink a lot of cranberry/lemonade.

MSM w/glucosimine does make a difference on my neck, when I remember to take it. I am developing arthritis in my sternum, neck and rt shoulder from getting them trashed when I was 13. I do take at least 2-3 advil a day.

franksolich:
Okay, I quit using the electric blanket a few days ago.

Soreness and stiffness all gone.

RobJohnson:

--- Quote from: franksolich on December 29, 2008, 01:14:10 PM ---Okay, I quit using the electric blanket a few days ago.

Soreness and stiffness all gone.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like good news.

I have been told that such electric bed warmers, should just be used on a timer, just to get the bed warmed up a little before you climb into it.

Waterbeds caused alot of people to be stiff, due to sleeping on all that extra heat.

SaintLouieWoman:
Frank, being a "cold person" might mean that you have hypothyroidism. I had my thyroid removed years ago and must depend on thryoid supplements. That's one med that I always remember to take. If I don't, a greyt lethargy would encompass me. My sister, who also had her thyroid removed (hers was malignant, mine wasn't) forgot to take her synthroid for over a week. She could barely stay awake.

They say they can get the supplementation correct. After many years, they haven't yet. I always feel cold. When watching television, I cuddle up in a throw. SR doesn't need one. I'll be shivering and he thinks it is warm.

Glad that you're feeling better.

franksolich:

--- Quote from: SaintLouieWoman on January 08, 2009, 09:44:41 PM ---Frank, being a "cold person" might mean that you have hypothyroidism. I had my thyroid removed years ago and must depend on thryoid supplements. That's one med that I always remember to take. If I don't, a greyt lethargy would encompass me. My sister, who also had her thyroid removed (hers was malignant, mine wasn't) forgot to take her synthroid for over a week. She could barely stay awake.

They say they can get the supplementation correct. After many years, they haven't yet. I always feel cold. When watching television, I cuddle up in a throw. SR doesn't need one. I'll be shivering and he thinks it is warm.

Glad that you're feeling better.

--- End quote ---

The thyroid was checked out when I was younger, and always checked on the maternal ancestress too.  Negative.  She was, and I am, just a cold person.

I always wondered if her being a blue baby had anything to do with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version