Interests > Natural Remedies/ Homeopathy

Hangovers anyone.....

(1/6) > >>

Inga:
I've found the best herb for hangovers is Kudzu, an Ayurveda or Indian herb. By Planetary. Get it at a health food store. Are you could take a B complex-100mg  before you drink and a B complex-100mg before retiring to boost your glutathione ( excellent results).  Get some Emergen-C drink in small packets from Wal Mart,to boost your electrolytes.

Glutathion- Neutralizes radiation toxicity, inhibits free radicals, helps white blood cells kill bacteria. A prime immune booster that detoxifies your liver from heavy metals pollutants, cigarette toxins, alcohol and drug overload and the effects of chemotherapy.Food sources Watermelon, asparagus, avocados, oranges,& peaches.

Kudzu-Suppresses alcohol cravings.Lowers blood pressure and relieves headaches, stiff necks,vertigo,and tinnitus.Take Kudzu only after drinking in the morning, unless you're trying to stop.

Third party By Linda Page,Ph.D. and James F. Balch,M.D.

Happy drinking over the holidays :cheersmate:

Don't take with medicines.Only and hour before or and hour after.

franksolich:
Back in my decadent days of youth, I suffered all too many hangovers, and besides that, burpy stomachs.  The second was because I did things such as dining on Valentino's most-excellent pizzas and drinking down eggnog.

Never have pizza and eggnog together.  It doesn't work.  I tried many times to make it work, but trust me, it doesn't work.

Anyway, when I worked at the state Department of Health, I made the acquaintance of an old country doctor, and we used to spend our coffee breaks together.

One time, when I was complaining about a hangover suffered the weekend before, he suggested the best hangover preventative was.....plain ordinary water.

But not just a quick sip of it, or half a glassful; lots and lots of it.

In fact, if one could hook up the garden hose, the end in one's mouth while one slept, all the better.  Actually, no, but the message was drinking a lot of water before going to bed, half a gallon, a gallon, or so.  Water is a harmless substance; it doesn't hurt if one "overdoses."

I was skeptical, but I tried it.

It works. 

No more hangovers.

I frequently suggested this to others who drank as much as I did, but I rarely got takers, because the suggestion of plain ordinary water for some reason seems to repel most people.  I have no idea why there's such hostility to water.

About this same time, I had sneered about people who buy all these over-the-counter remedies for upset stomachs, spending $2-3-4 on them, when one got the same thing with a cent's worth of plain ordinary baking soda with water.

The good doctor said the baking soda wasn't necessary; the water was enough.

I tried that.

Damn.

Right again.

Flame:
I thought drinking too much water at one time COULD kill you?  I don't recall where I heard it, but I thought I heard of something like that?   Hmmm....must try to remember to research that later.

franksolich:

--- Quote from: Flame on November 27, 2008, 06:49:50 AM ---I thought drinking too much water at one time COULD kill you?  I don't recall where I heard it, but I thought I heard of something like that?   Hmmm....must try to remember to research that later.
--- End quote ---

As far as I know, that's just a theory.

It appears that the body vomits out too much water, before one reaches that point.

<<has never read of a case of someone dying from overdose of water.

LC EFA:
I've found the best treatment for hangover is prevention.

Drink only lab grade ethanol.

Is the fusil alcohols that give most of the hangover symptoms to begin wif. Said contaminants aren't removed in beer , wine and most spirits

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version