Interests > Natural Remedies/ Homeopathy

Gout anyone...

(1/2) > >>

Inga:
Gout is a uric acid build up. Caused by a diet high in saturated fats,refined carbohydrates, and alcohol,insulin resistances,dehydration,stress,kidney disease or an acidic system. Pharmaceutical medicines such as aspirin, diuretics and high doses of niacin therapy.

Try the berries such as cherries,blueberries,or strawberries will neutralize the uric acid.They make cherries in a tablet you can get at the health food store. You could take about 6 a day. Eating fish such as salmon,cod,halibut and sardines reduce the inflammation. You could get the fish oil soft gels. And for the sensitive stomach get the enteric coated soft gels. Must also increase your water intake to flush the gout out of the system.

Things that aggravate gout are rich foods, red meat, gravies,and alcohol to name a few.

Toastedturningtidelegs:

--- Quote from: Inga on November 25, 2008, 11:54:09 PM ---Gout is a uric acid build up. Caused by a diet high in saturated fats,refined carbohydrates, and alcohol,insulin resistances,dehydration,stress,kidney disease or an acidic system. Pharmaceutical medicines such as aspirin, diuretics and high doses of niacin therapy.

Try the berries such as cherries,blueberries,or strawberries will neutralize the uric acid.They make cherries in a tablet you can get at the health food store. You could take about 6 a day. Eating fish such as salmon,cod,halibut and sardines reduce the inflammation. You could get the fish oil soft gels. And for the sensitive stomach get the enteric coated soft gels. Must also increase your water intake to flush the gout out of the system.

Things that aggravate gout are rich foods, red meat, gravies,and alcohol to name a few.

--- End quote ---
When I have attacks I drink black cherry juice,the medication they prescribe for it makes me very sick! :cheersmate:

franksolich:
Gout ran in this family, for at least several generations, until I came along.

The older siblings used to reminesce a great deal about our father, who apparently suffered much, and loudly, from gout (I would have no such recollection).

And they themselves got it.

I suspect I temporarily suffered from gout in my early 20s--the symptoms were the standard usual run-of-the-mill symptoms for gout--but within two years after I stopped sucking on the bottle, it evaporated, and has never returned.

And that's been a long time now.

Toastedturningtidelegs:

--- Quote from: franksolich on November 26, 2008, 06:24:39 AM ---Gout ran in this family, for at least several generations, until I came along.

The older siblings used to reminesce a great deal about our father, who apparently suffered much, and loudly, from gout (I would have no such recollection).

And they themselves got it.

I suspect I temporarily suffered from gout in my early 20s--the symptoms were the standard usual run-of-the-mill symptoms for gout--but within two years after I stopped sucking on the bottle, it evaporated, and has never returned.

And that's been a long time now.

--- End quote ---
Yeah it really sucks Frank.I haven't had an attack in a while,mostly because I adjusted my diet and drank more water{I am a big fan of beer and steak!} It also runs in my family so I have to be cognizant of what I eat. The pain gets so bad I can't put shoes on.

franksolich:

--- Quote from: Toastedturningtidelegs on November 26, 2008, 06:54:08 AM ---Yeah it really sucks Frank.I haven't had an attack in a while,mostly because I adjusted my diet and drank more water{I am a big fan of beer and steak!} It also runs in my family so I have to be cognizant of what I eat. The pain gets so bad I can't put shoes on.
--- End quote ---

What I recall of it would be the intense pressure on the side of the right big toe.

Even rubbing it vigorously didn't help; one just had to wait for it to go away.

But fortunately, that's been years and years ago (maybe the early 1990s).

The siblings and my mother used to talk about when my paternal ancestor had it, much audible moaning and bitching and whining.

One of my older brothers said even morphine wouldn't kill it.

But this was all outside of my observation when a little lad, because I can't hear, and so I never noticed anything.  But ultimately, it afflicted all members (two parents, six of eight children--I'm not counting myself or my younger brother, who died too early to develop it if he were fated to develop it).

For me, whenever I see the word "gout," I just think for half a second, "Oh, yeah, the royal affliction," and then go on reading.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version