Current Events > Economics

Shipping-Containers

(1/5) > >>

Drafe Hoblin:
In my own mind I was assuming that the longer shipments remain on logjammed vessels, the 'hypothetical space' of the container becomes more valuable than the items inside... which would be evident the next time the container is used.

But this article from Breitbart is scary...
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/19/report-shipping-containers-from-stranded-ships-dumped-in-l-a-neighborhoods/

I remember an old descriptive that newsrooms used-to use a lot in the 60's...  urban blight.

Eupher:
Looks like the perfect solution for the homeless in LA. Camp out in shipping containers.  :whatever:

old dog 2:
I'm just curious, in "normal times" what percentage of containers are shipped out empty?

Eupher:

--- Quote from: old dog 2 on October 20, 2021, 08:02:40 AM ---I'm just curious, in "normal times" what percentage of containers are shipped out empty?

--- End quote ---

The article says that the containers are being "stored" kinda wherever they can find room for them after they're emptied. I'm guessing that the ships that offloaded them have already hied back to China/Vietnam/India/Indonesia. Otherwise, I think (could be way off here) they'd load up those same containers with American goods for the return trip.

thundley4:

--- Quote from: Eupher on October 20, 2021, 08:29:40 AM ---The article says that the containers are being "stored" kinda wherever they can find room for them after they're emptied. I'm guessing that the ships that offloaded them have already hied back to China/Vietnam/India/Indonesia. Otherwise, I think (could be way off here) they'd load up those same containers with American goods for the return trip.

--- End quote ---

That was an attempt to make a joke, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version