Current Events > Politics

I Need Some Help Understanding This . . .

(1/3) > >>

Eupher:
OK, Pelousy insists on forming a partisan witch hunt committee or commission that is supposed to investigate 1/6. We all know that's bullshit. The only reason for her walking down that path is to keep DJT front and center with the Dem media and to stave off examination of President *'s failed policies and poor job performance.

Pelousy kicked Jim Jordan and Jim Banks off the committee, largely because of the questions that Banks had floated to CNN, questioning Pelousy's failure to secure the Capitol Building despite having received information that would make it necessary to beef said security up.

McCarthy, in turn, basically said, "**** you, Nancy. I'm pulling ALL of the Republicans off this sham committee you have going. And we'll do our own investigation."

But now, Pelousy crooks a finger and directs RINOs Cheney and Kinzinger to serve on this bullshit committee, all in the guise of "bipartisanship."

WTF?

Can Pelousy direct minority party appointments to committees/commissions and overrule the Minority Leader? Why have a Minority Leader (McCarthy) if the Speaker won't let him lead?

What part of this am I not understanding?  :o

https://www.gopusa.com/rigged-selection-pelosi-appoints-gop-trump-hater-to-join-liz-cheney-on-jan-6-committee/

SSG Snuggle Bunny:
Cheney and Kinzinger say, "But we just had to follow the orders of the Speaker."

McCarthy should hold a vote to eject the two of them from the party if they accept the appointments.

J P Sousa:
China Mitch and Charley McCarthy are just democrat boot lickers.

Eupher:

--- Quote from: SSG Snuggle Bunny on July 26, 2021, 11:08:06 AM ---
McCarthy should hold a vote to eject the two of them from the party if they accept the appointments.

--- End quote ---

The worst that McCarthy can do to Cheny is pull her off the House Armed Services Committee. He can't eject her from the party. She can quit the party, but she can't be thrown out. The party can later refuse to endorse her in her reelection campaign or take other matters that ensures she is defeated, but McCarthy alone doesn't have that power.

Kinzinger serves on the House Energy and Commerce Committee and on the House Foreign Affairs Committee. Pulling him off those committees would slap him in the face, but there's no doubt that the House Armed Services Committee is the more prestigious gig. Ditto for kicking him out of the party. McCarthy can't do it by himself.

https://politics.stackexchange.com/questions/35473/can-an-american-political-party-kick-out-a-member

Drafe Hoblin:
In the history of Congress, no Speaker has ever removed whoever the Minority Leader has picked to serve on a Congressional investigatory-committee. 

So it must be a case of Cheney & Kinzinger 'volunteering'... which would also be an historical first... since there are empty chairs.

I predict the committee will go Humpty-Dumpty the first day.  Then become a series of daily methane-releases.

In order to protect Pelosi's involvement, the case will have to start 'in the middle', during the 'riot'.  I'm no prosecuting-attorney but that strategy is a recipe for horizonless meandering.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version