Current Events > Breaking News

Kevin McCarthy is a weasel

(1/1)

old dog 2:
Kevin McCarthy Picks Amnesty Advocate for 2022 Immigration Messaging: John Katko (R,NY)

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/01/kevin-mccarthy-picks-amnesty-advocate-for-2022-immigration-messaging/

--- Quote ---“John Katko is the typical corporate Republican,” said one person active in the immigration debate. He added: "He speaks a great game on illegal immigration, and is sorrowfully bad on legal immigration to the United States. He has never found a guest worker program he does not support, he’s never found a legal immigration program he does not think should be expanded, and I don’t think that he considers immigration as something that affects working Americans."
--- End quote ---

If McCarthy becomes Speaker in 2022 he will be worse than Paul Ryan.

Drafe Hoblin:
I have no other choice but to agree with you.

Eupher:

--- Quote from: Drafe Hoblin on July 02, 2021, 09:09:03 PM ---I have no other choice but to agree with you.

--- End quote ---

Ditto. McCarthy is long on rhetoric, short on action. He waited far, far too long in booting Cheney out of her "leadership" gig and did so only when it became obvious - even to him - that she was not helping anything or anyone but the Dems.

He wants the Speaker gig so bad he can taste it, so he's employing all his political gestures vis a vis the GOP elite class to ensure that. IOW, playing both ends against the middle.

The sad thing is, he'll probably be successful. And that's only mildly better than ousting Pelousy from the gig.

Yep, shades of Paul Ryan. History repeats itself yet again.  :whatever:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version