Author Topic: Liberal Proferssor: Laughing at Facism  (Read 1940 times)

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Liberal Proferssor: Laughing at Facism
« on: May 04, 2010, 06:13:46 PM »
http://conservativeamerican.org/conservatives/liberal-professor-laughing-at-fascism/

(feel free to comment, the lib prof did)

excerpt

A liberal college professor named Peter Friedman says compared to problems this nation has had with its government in the past, he just has to laugh when ConservativeAmerican.org suggests Obama is a problem!

Friedman is described as a visiting professor at the Jesuit-run University of Detroit. He says he remembers…

“40 years ago… I was 10 years old, sitting at home, when I heard about something I thought unthinkable that had just happened about 40 miles away from my home. National guard troops had fired on unarmed students at Kent State protesting the Vietnam War, killing 4 and wounding another 9… It was inconceivable to me that unarmed students exercising their First Amendment rights had been shot to death in the United States, but my childhood was filled with nightmares of that sort. In 1967 I remember driving through parts of Cleveland that were under military occupation as a result of just one U.S. city among hundreds that had …exploded that year and the previous one. And, of course, in 1968, Martin Luther King and Robert Kennedy were assassinated…”

His conclusion is that because things were bad back then, it is silly now to compare some of Obama’s acts to those of a Fascist leader. He linked to us as the example when he said…

“So I laugh when I hear earnest students of mine who insist that terrorism is the greatest threat this country has ever faced. And when conservatives express the fear that President Obama threatens us with fascism.”

Offline thundley4

Re: Liberal Proferssor: Laughing at Facism
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 06:52:28 PM »
Was this before or after the recently declassified FBI files that now say the National Guard may not have fired first?  Then again, he could have used the example of Mayor Daley's (the elder) to the 68 riots as a fascist police state.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 07:18:54 PM »
I dunno, seems to have been posted last night or this morning, the "good professor" responded with a post about 8 hours ago.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 06:56:59 PM »
Why is Kent State still being talked about? Those scumbag protesters got what they deserved.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du