Author Topic: CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say  (Read 3446 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Central Intelligence Agency director David Petraeus has emphatically denied that he or anyone else at the CIA refused assistance to the former Navy SEALs who requested it three times as terrorists attacked the U.S. consulate in Benghazi on the night of Sep. 11. The Weekly Standard and ABC News report that Petraeus's denial effectively implicates President Barack Obama, since a refusal to assist "would have been a presidential decision."

<snip>

Jake Tapper quoted Petraeus this afternoon denying that the CIA was responsible for the refusal: "No one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need; claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate."

As William Kristol of the Weekly Standard notes, that leaves only President Obama himself to blame:

So who in the government did tell “anybody” not to help those in need? Someone decided not to send in military assets to help those Agency operators. Would the secretary of defense make such a decision on his own? No.

It would have been a presidential decision. There was presumably a rationale for such a decision. What was it? When and why—and based on whose counsel obtained in what meetings or conversations—did President Obama decide against sending in military assets to help the Americans in need?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/10/26/Petraeus-on-Benghazi-It-Wasnt-Me
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
Central Intelligence Agency director David Petraeus has emphatically denied that he or anyone else at the CIA refused assistance to the former Navy SEALs who requested it three times as terrorists attacked the U.S. consulate in Benghazi on the night of Sep. 11. The Weekly Standard and ABC News report that Petraeus's denial effectively implicates President Barack Obama, since a refusal to assist "would have been a presidential decision."

<snip>

Jake Tapper quoted Petraeus this afternoon denying that the CIA was responsible for the refusal: "No one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need; claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate."

As William Kristol of the Weekly Standard notes, that leaves only President Obama himself to blame:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/10/26/Petraeus-on-Benghazi-It-Wasnt-Me

Looks like General Petraeus will go back to being Betrayus at the DUmp.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Looks like General Petraeus will go back to being Betrayus at the DUmp.

I could live with that.  I believe he's a man of honor.

And IMO I think he'd be just the person to put the uniform back on and become the CJCS for Romney.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
I could live with that.  I believe he's a man of honor.

And IMO I think he'd be just the person to put the uniform back on and become the CJCS for Romney.

I believe he is too. The point is the left is going to crucify him for this. I don't think he cares though and that is a good thing.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
I believe he is too. The point is the left is going to crucify him for this. I don't think he cares though and that is a good thing.

I agree.  I believe that if he was one of those image conscious types that was worried what the little goons at the DUmp were gonna say about him...he'd have kept his mouth shut.

Instead he decided he wasn't gonna be the next one tossed under the Obama bus.

<break>

As for General Ham...I hope the rumors about him being relieved for trying to do the right thing and what the protocols call for are just that...unfounded rumors.

Otherwise the repercussions will reverberate through the Pentagon for a long long time.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.

I read somewhere, I don't remember where. (dang oldzimers). That someone suggested that maybe this was a kidnapping gone wrong...The thought being that they kidnap our ambassador and obama exchanges him for the blind sheik. Just in time for the election, so obama would appear to be the hero getting our ambassador back.

There was a time I would say that is tinfoil talk. But, the more that is coming out about this makes this a possibility. 

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39

I read somewhere, I don't remember where. (dang oldzimers). That someone suggested that maybe this was a kidnapping gone wrong...The thought being that they kidnap our ambassador and obama exchanges him for the blind sheik. Just in time for the election, so obama would appear to be the hero getting our ambassador back.

They were discussing this on the radio yesterday.