Author Topic: Dangerous and deepening divide between Islamic world, West  (Read 1538 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Dangerous and deepening divide between Islamic world, West
« on: September 23, 2012, 06:55:58 PM »
Mods, there weren't any pictures accompanying this Reuters piece, which I found on Drudge.

Dangerous and deepening divide between Islamic world, West

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:47am EDT

* Religion not the only cause of confrontation

* Close ties with U.S. seen as liablity now -analyst

* Arab Spring not as beneficial to West as had been hoped  (BSS' note--this is my emphasis.)

By Peter Apps, Political Risk Correspondent

WASHINGTON, Sept 23 (Reuters)- For those who believe in a clash of civilizations between the Islamic world and Western democracy, the last few weeks must seem like final confirmation of their theory.

Even those who reject the term as loaded and simplistic speak sadly of a perhaps catastrophic failure of understanding between Americans in particular and many Muslims.

The outrage and violence over a crude film ridiculing the Prophet Mohammad points to a chasm between Western free speech and individualism and the sensitivities of some Muslims over what they see as a campaign of humiliation.

There seems no shortage of forces on both sides to fan the flames. The tumult over the video had not even subsided when a French magazine this week printed a new cartoon showing the prophet naked.

"It's ridiculous," Zainab Al-Suwaij, executive director of the America Islamic Congress, said of the violence that on Friday killed 15 in Pakistan alone as what were supposed to be peaceful protests turned violent.

The rest is here:  http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/23/film-protests-cultures-idUSL1E8KHEFI20120923

The thing is, the Obamessiah is trying to see that we're involved there for a while.  My idea?  Let the Israelis have free reign with nukes and trhe like.  Find out if the Jordanians and Saudis really want the Brotherhood restrained.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Mr Mannn

Re: Dangerous and deepening divide between Islamic world, West
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 08:29:31 PM »
Even those who reject the term as loaded and simplistic speak sadly of a perhaps catastrophic failure of understanding between Americans in particular and many Muslims.
Americans understand the muslim world quite well. We can read what goes on there. When we label muslims as "savages" its based on our educated and thoughtful review of basic facts.

The muslim world is largely illiterate. They have no means to study the west. Wild rumor suffices as news for the muslim. They are neither capable or rational enough to comprehend things like freedom of speech. When they are angry at a western cartoon or film, they strike out at anyone in reach instead of those who offended them. Muslims burn their cities and kill innocents as the slightest offense.

The west doesn't need to understand the muslim. The west needs to expel the muslim from his midst. Let the animals rage in their own darkened lands. They are not men. Pull out all contact with islam, and drill for oil elsewhere. Civilization doesn't need to be dragged down by filthy barbarism.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 08:41:12 PM »
  this Reuters piece, which I found on Drudge.

Hmmm,  no body else..........funny thing.

Oh, right, Obama says it's old news.

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 10:25:39 PM »
Americans understand the muslim world quite well. We can read what goes on there. When we label muslims as "savages" its based on our educated and thoughtful review of basic facts.

The muslim world is largely illiterate. They have no means to study the west. Wild rumor suffices as news for the muslim. They are neither capable or rational enough to comprehend things like freedom of speech. When they are angry at a western cartoon or film, they strike out at anyone in reach instead of those who offended them. Muslims burn their cities and kill innocents as the slightest offense.

The west doesn't need to understand the muslim. The west needs to expel the muslim from his midst. Let the animals rage in their own darkened lands. They are not men. Pull out all contact with islam, and drill for oil elsewhere. Civilization doesn't need to be dragged down by filthy barbarism.

:clap: Yeah, trying to understand the Muslim mentality is akin to banging one's head against a brick wall.  It's damn near as impossible to comprehend the mindset of your average liberal, who truly believes that the Muslim way of life would accomodate all their little perversions with kinder words than American conservatives do.  Hell, forget words, those guys would be on the (literal) chopping block quicker than we would be.

The quicker we can toss windmill tilting, solar steam pile of dung Don Barry Quixote out of the White House and start drilling in our own land and waters again, the sooner we can quit subsidizing those filthy animals with our hard earned dollars. :fuelfire:

Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 08:48:45 AM »
How can anyone who thinks this is the year 1430 really understand what reality is?

I agree that we should end all aid to them, pull all embassy's out, and stop buying oil off of them. We have enough of our own natural resources to last the next century or more.

And if they bomb Israel, we bomb the piss out of them. Turn their countries into one big parking lot and don't help rebuild it.

Offline Conservative_Sangfroid

• Banned
  • ENOUGH!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 12:53:38 PM »
"From the Halls of Monteczuma to the shores of Tripoli".

TJ talked about the threat of the "Barbary Pirates".

This has been a problem since we have been a country and Islam has been a problem since its advent in the 7th century
ENOUGH!

Offline Conservative_Sangfroid

• Banned
  • ENOUGH!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 12:54:21 PM »
How can anyone who thinks this is the year 1430 really understand what reality is?

I agree that we should end all aid to them, pull all embassy's out, and stop buying oil off of them. We have enough of our own natural resources to last the next century or more.

And if they bomb Israel, we bomb the piss out of them. Turn their countries into one big parking lot and don't help rebuild it.

The Senate overwhelmingly vote to continue aid to Pakistan, Egypt, and LIbya
ENOUGH!

Offline sunsettommy

• Patriot Master
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 07:08:32 PM »
The Senate overwhelmingly vote to continue aid to Pakistan, Egypt, and LIbya

I keep trying to figure out why the Senate wants to send OUR tax dollars to stone age counties who hate us.

:censored:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 07:19:25 PM »
I keep trying to figure out why the Senate wants to send OUR tax dollars to stone age counties who hate us.

:censored:

There is a DhimmiRat majority in the senate.

Offline sunsettommy

• Patriot Master
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 07:24:25 PM »
There is a DhimmiRat majority in the senate.

I know about that but this absurdity has been going on for a long time even under the rare Republican majority did it too.

The part I hate about it that we are giving lots of money away to nations who hate and attack us and the average American voter does not care much about it.