Author Topic: Obama Wants to Jail Americans with New Law- Say Goodbye to the 1st Amendment  (Read 2937 times)

Offline Varokhâr

• Tea Party hearty, dude!
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna
You have to take any big 'scoop' on US politics that appears first in the foreign press, English language or otherwise, with an entire livestock mineral tub of salt.  Our press may be myopic and often one-sided, but foreign press vetting/verification standards for stories (Except on unfavorable ones about any of their own national figures who could throw them in jail if pissed off enough) generally fall somewhere well below our supermarket tabloids.

Absolutely true. Any statement by any member of the press has to be taken with a huge handful of salt until you can verify or disprove it. It's just good common sense - don't accept anything blindly.

If more people did that, the government and DUmmies the world over would have less power, much less.

Even so, I look forward to seeing what will become of this bill - will some elected DUmmy try to revive it, or will they try for other avenues of power? I suspect the latter, because the moment some moonbat proposes this to the new Congress, it will meet with much criticism from House Republicans and then it will get major airtime on Rush and Fox and so forth.

That would be a mess for the Left.

Deist. Libertarian. Patriot.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Offline I_B_Perky

OK apparently it was in the senate on Oct 24th of 2007. Maybe I misread the original timeline or something. I was under the impression that it was passed last year.

110th CONGRESS
1st Session
H. R. 1955
IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES
October 24, 2007

It was passed by the house on October 24, 2007.

Link: bill here

Who had control of the US House in 2007? I may be wrong here but once the 110th congress went out of business doesn't any pending bills go in the trash can?

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline DumbAss Tanker

I may be wrong here but once the 110th congress went out of business doesn't any pending bills go in the trash can?

Yep, it does.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.