Author Topic: LDS bishop shot to death in California church  (Read 3828 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: LDS bishop shot to death in California church
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 10:28:45 AM »
How on earth did we go from the killing of a church member to Mosques.??

Why bring politics into this, the gunman is dead so we will have to look to his motive with his friends and family.

What causes people to go nuts and kill someone,?

He was not a member of that Church but were others in his family members.?

Money, did he feel that the Victim was draining the elderly family members dry.?

This sounds like a personal killing, what had the victim done to him or his family that was so bad that the Perp wanted his life.?

Had to be a reason for the Perp to target this victim knowing that he himself would most likely die too.

What causes people to kill,  Sex, money, fear, and outrage.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2010, 08:00:17 PM »
If I was a nutbar bent on killing a religious person, I think a Mormon would be my last choice.

In the 1850's, Mormons annihilated an entire wagon train of Arkansans coming through Utah because a couple of Mormons were murdered in Arkansas.

Just sayin'.  :uhsure:

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 08:16:31 PM »
If I was a nutbar bent on killing a religious person, I think a Mormon would be my last choice.

In the 1850's, Mormons annihilated an entire wagon train of Arkansans coming through Utah because a couple of Mormons were murdered in Arkansas.

Yeah, folks assume that because we talk all purty now, that the spirit of Porter Rockwell is no longer with us.   :evillaugh:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2010, 09:32:12 PM »

So just show me ONE faith that does not have blood shed in their past either to them or to others.  This Mormon faith has as all faiths under gone a few changes since its founding.    Protestants no longer burn people at the steak in Salem Mass.  --By the way what was done to those people back then was totall illegal by the laws of the time.

Any way, the Church is finally coming into the current times, they now allow nonwhites to have a chance to become part of the church directors boards.

Mormons have the money, they have to as there is so much we spend a fortune on each year they never use or buy.     NO, booze, tobacco, chocolate,coffee, tea or soda with caffeine.   No chocolate ever for life, hot coco or a rum and coke.  I do not know if they eat pork or other dietary no-no's.

All I know is that they have a years supply of food on hand for each member of the family, wear unusual underware with strange symbols on them, baptise the dead, George Washington is now in Mormon Heaven don't matter he likes it or not.

I have to mention the appearance of the members themselves.  Every Mormon I have ever met looked like they could have been on Lawrence Welks Show.  FLAWLESS, not one zit, healthy as a horse and Virginal, even the old men that sang and played in the band looked Healthy.

They do have some problems with humane nature.  Donny and Marie Osmond ran into that .   Marie was married in the Inner Sanctum meaning she paid a pretty penny to be married for life.  Left her with a problem when she divorced.

Then there is the Mormon Bible that I was given by a friend that confuses and boggles my mind.  But then some parts of the Bible make me wonder what the heck was really going on.

I lump the Mormons into the Christian faith, same as I do the Quakers, Christian Scientists, Seventh Day Adventists, Greek and Russian Orthodox, the Amish, the Catholic and the Jews for Jesus'.

Just to make this post interesting for me, do you Crock feel that because the American Indian slaughtered the people of waggon trains that were headed West that today we should be blaming them for what their Ancestors did to protect their life style.?

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2010, 11:01:47 PM »
So just show me ONE faith that does not have blood shed in their past either to them or to others.  This Mormon faith has as all faiths under gone a few changes since its founding.    Protestants no longer burn people at the steak in Salem Mass.  --By the way what was done to those people back then was totall illegal by the laws of the time.

Any way, the Church is finally coming into the current times, they now allow nonwhites to have a chance to become part of the church directors boards.

Mormons have the money, they have to as there is so much we spend a fortune on each year they never use or buy.     NO, booze, tobacco, chocolate,coffee, tea or soda with caffeine.   No chocolate ever for life, hot coco or a rum and coke.  I do not know if they eat pork or other dietary no-no's.

All I know is that they have a years supply of food on hand for each member of the family, wear unusual underware with strange symbols on them, baptise the dead, George Washington is now in Mormon Heaven don't matter he likes it or not.

I have to mention the appearance of the members themselves.  Every Mormon I have ever met looked like they could have been on Lawrence Welks Show.  FLAWLESS, not one zit, healthy as a horse and Virginal, even the old men that sang and played in the band looked Healthy.

They do have some problems with humane nature.  Donny and Marie Osmond ran into that .   Marie was married in the Inner Sanctum meaning she paid a pretty penny to be married for life.  Left her with a problem when she divorced.

Then there is the Mormon Bible that I was given by a friend that confuses and boggles my mind.  But then some parts of the Bible make me wonder what the heck was really going on.

I lump the Mormons into the Christian faith, same as I do the Quakers, Christian Scientists, Seventh Day Adventists, Greek and Russian Orthodox, the Amish, the Catholic and the Jews for Jesus'.

Just to make this post interesting for me, do you Crock feel that because the American Indian slaughtered the people of waggon trains that were headed West that today we should be blaming them for what their Ancestors did to protect their life style.?

Christ, Vesta, take a Midol.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 07:45:21 AM »
Christ, Vesta, take a Midol.

:rotf: I ain't sure a Midol will fix it.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.