Author Topic: House Speaker Pelosi calls Bush 'a total failure'  (Read 3764 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
House Speaker Pelosi calls Bush 'a total failure'
« on: July 17, 2008, 07:28:15 PM »
I guess 8% isn't low enough for her.

By LAURIE KELLMAN, Associated Press Writer
50 minutes ago http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080717/ap_on_go_pr_wh/pelosi_bush

WASHINGTON - President Bush has been a "total failure" in everything from the economy to the war to energy policy, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday. In an interview on CNN, the California Democrat was asked to respond to video of the president criticizing the Democratic-led Congress for heading into the final 26 days of the legislative session without having passed a single government spending bill.

Pelosi shot back in unusually personal terms.

"You know, God bless him, bless his heart, president of the United States, a total failure, losing all credibility with the American people on the economy, on the war, on energy, you name the subject," Pelosi replied. She then tsk-tsked Bush for "challenging Congress when we are trying to sweep up after his mess over and over and over again."

White House spokeswoman Dana Perino defended Bush.

"What the president said is a fact — this is the longest a Congress has gone in 20 years without passing a single spending bill, so it's clear that the speaker is feeling some frustration at their inability to do so."

Pelosi's outburst was a departure. Her usual practice in public has been to call Bush's policies a failure — not his presidency or him, personally. Pelosi's remarks are the latest evidence of the Democrats' throw-caution-to-the-wind approach to Bush in the waning days of a presidency weighed down by an unpopular war and soaring gasoline prices.

Election Day, after all, is just over four months away; Bush's successor takes his seat on Jan. 20.

Pelosi's counterpart in the Senate, Majority Leader Harry Reid, long ago took off the rhetorical gloves. Last month, he ridiculed Republicans who sided with Bush on a Medicare bill.

"Who would be afraid of him?" Reid, D-Nev., said as many senators looked on. "He's got a 29 percent approval rating."

The public's view of Congress is even worse. Its approval rating has hit a new low of just 18 percent, down from 23 percent last month, according to a new AP-Ipsos poll. Bush's approval is at 28 percent, about even with the 29 percent rating last month.

Only 16 percent of those surveyed thought the country was moving in the right direction, a new low as well, although statistically the same as last month's 17 percent.

Last week Reid and other Democrats dropped any pretense of trying to fight the president on battles they were likely to lose — even on the most important part of their jobs, which is passing spending bills that keep the government running.

Of the 12 annual appropriations bills, Congress is likely to pass one or two and send Bush a temporary spending fix for the rest. That would have to suffice until a new president takes office, Reid told reporters.

Privately, Democrats have said that either candidate for president — Democrat Barack Obama or Republican John McCain — would be easier to make laws with than Bush. But Reid made clear which he'd prefer.

"I would hope that before we would leave here this year that we would do a continuing resolution that would get us (through) until after Senator Obama becomes president," he said.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: House Speaker Pelosi calls Bush 'a total failure'
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 07:51:17 PM »
If anyone knows what total failure is...it would be Stretch Pelosi and Dingy Harry Reid.

:loser:

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 08:17:24 PM »
If anyone knows what total failure is...it would be Stretch Pelosi and Dingy Harry Reid.

:loser:

granted, but we just need to let the beotch keep on talking!   :-)

Offline Jim

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 09:59:55 PM »
gee, its really got to sting coming from that useless cow
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 10:42:12 PM »
Pisslosi, go look in the mirror and you will see total failure. :loser: :loser: :fuelfire:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 07:03:32 AM »
I wonder if anyone caught the blurb on The Colbert Report about a billboard in FL, that shows the WTC burning, and says, "Vote Republican."  The guys at TCR then put one up showing a manical picture of Bela Pelosi, with the words, "NANCY PELOSI EATS BABIES" next to the pic.  I couldn't stop laughing this morning when Fox & Friends played the clip.  (With the laughter, I managed to get my daughter to stop crying and eventually start laughing.  It's amazing, the Power of the Dad . . . )
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 07:05:26 AM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline claret1995

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 07:58:50 AM »

Is it OK for me to call Pelosi a "DOUCHE BAG"

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 08:04:00 AM »
Iraq is doing well enough that even Obama is "rethinking" his policies. Check

Gas prices have skyrocketed since the democrat congress took over. Check

Congress is backpedaling even on tax rebates. Check

Sounds to me like it isn't the president who's a "total failure."
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 08:22:56 AM »

using the lingo that The BarackStar! used against hillary, nancy must have been "feeling blue" that day. :-)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 08:32:51 AM »
People that live in glass houses....
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 08:47:19 AM »
People that live in glass houses....

shouldn't talk when they're stoned?

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 09:11:56 AM »
she must have been reading DU :-) They really want to run her out with pitchforks.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 09:19:26 AM »
she must have been reading DU :-) They really want to run her out with pitchforks.

when you are placed in control of one half of one third of the entire federal government based one a single issue, ending the war, and you not only don't get that accomplished, you really don't even make a serious effort at it, she deserves to be run out with pitchforks.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2008, 11:52:07 AM »
Folks, I'm really worried for San Fran Nan's health.  Look at this photo:

She doesn't look like she's had a decent night's sleep in months.  She looks like all it'll take is one wrong word, and the next headline we'll see with her name in it will be the one where she goes postal, and guns down 10 congress-shits from the Speakers desk, and wounding 8 others with Diane Feinstein's AK-47.

Somebody needs to bring Nancy back to her 'happy place'...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008, 12:33:26 PM »
Someone needs to school Franken-feinstien about NOT putting her finger on the trigger like that unless she's about to fire.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 12:53:03 PM »
Someone needs to school Franken-feinstien about NOT putting her finger on the trigger like that unless she's about to fire.

Screw that, all she'd hit is libs and lib journalists, let 'er rip!
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 12:58:11 PM »

This one's my personal favorite:

What's wrong with THIS PICTURE, Sarge?  And out of curiosity, what would you have done to an E2 that pointed a weapon in your direction like this?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 01:01:37 PM »

This one's my personal favorite:

What's wrong with THIS PICTURE, Sarge?  And out of curiosity, what would you have done to an E2 that pointed a weapon in your direction like this?

I would suspect that the weapon would have to be surgically removed from said E2's anal orifice......

doc

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 01:01:57 PM »

He'd have only done it once.  And after he collected his stupid ass from the dirt I'd gladly explain why I'd put him there.

BRM was the only time our Drills flat out told us they'd knock us out if we did something stupid with the weapon in our hand.

I never once doubted they would.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 02:17:48 PM »
My last name starts with "O", so during live fire I was in with a crew with people named "Ortiz" , "Ortega" etc as MANY were from NYC. I would advance, jump in FRONT of the cover (knowing the target dummies were unarmed, but those behind me were not) , lay down fire, then adsvance in front of them, and repeat to the end of the live fire course. As I'd dive for cover, often I heard from behind the sound of a size 12 impacting some trooper and the words "WATCH THE GOD DAMNED MUZZEL OF THAT WEAPON, SOLDIER!!!!!!"  As the DI sccompanied the NYC guys forward. The end of the exercise was the end of the day, and I went to the DI, and said soimething like, well, we all made it thru.. He said yeah, but if they'd shot YOU, I'D have been Courtmartialed! He, a man is fastastic condition, was sweating profusely.  Stress can do that. Fool that I was, it amused me.

The ignorant , armed, are always dangeroue to both themselves and others.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 05:39:53 PM »
Pelosi should be taken out in a straight jacket...Whatever happened to professionalism?  Why the personal attack?  This is what the liberals are known for.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008, 05:43:23 PM »
Pelosi should be taken out in a straight jacket...Whatever happened to professionalism?  Why the personal attack?  This is what the liberals are known for.
Well, she is an expert on failure.   :fuelfire:

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 05:46:18 PM »
Can she be outed during the next midterm elections??

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 06:27:53 PM »
she's a rep, she can be booted during these elctions... not that that's likely

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 08:29:46 PM »
My last name starts with "O", so during live fire I was in with a crew with people named "Ortiz" , "Ortega" etc as MANY were from NYC. I would advance, jump in FRONT of the cover (knowing the target dummies were unarmed, but those behind me were not) , lay down fire, then adsvance in front of them, and repeat to the end of the live fire course. As I'd dive for cover, often I heard from behind the sound of a size 12 impacting some trooper and the words "WATCH THE GOD DAMNED MUZZEL OF THAT WEAPON, SOLDIER!!!!!!"  As the DI sccompanied the NYC guys forward. The end of the exercise was the end of the day, and I went to the DI, and said soimething like, well, we all made it thru.. He said yeah, but if they'd shot YOU, I'D have been Courtmartialed! He, a man is fastastic condition, was sweating profusely.  Stress can do that. Fool that I was, it amused me.

The ignorant , armed, are always dangeroue to both themselves and others.

The same thing happened to me in basic training during the days of the draft when I had this dumb ass Puerto Rican whose weapon had jammed and he had the damn thing pointed at me yanking the lever back and forth. Hollered at him to point at the sky and I was not amused.