Author Topic: For women only....men don't say I didn't warn you.  (Read 19951 times)

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: For women only....men don't say I didn't warn you.
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 02:22:19 PM »
Only women would use something burns their skin off, and call it a beauty secret.

:tongue:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2010, 04:06:16 PM »
Only women would use something burns their skin off, and call it a beauty secret.

:tongue:

If we didn't have you jerks to reminds us we are getting old we wouldn't need to torture ourselves. 

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 04:12:49 PM »
I'm posting this info for Karin because she asked about it in another thread and I don't want to piss Thor off by making a thread go of course.   :p

This is about Latisse/Lumagin for eye lashes. My lashes are seriously a ton longer, blacker and thicker.  It takes a few weeks before you can tell but once you start to notice you will become addicted.  I can go with out mascara but with mascara they look even better.  When I had UVeitis and had to dilate my eye every day I wore those shade deals you get at the eye doctor under my sun glasses, my eye lashes would hit them when I blinked. 

There are some side effects, they claim your upper eye lid can darken slightly (I haven't had  that happen) but goes away when you stop using it, your eyes can turn brown right around the pupil (my eyes are already brown) but that is with glaucoma patients who use it as drops and for years.  I have never heard that happening to anyone and I have read a ton about it.  You have to use it every day for 16 weeks to see the full results but I started seeing results in less than a month but after a few months they were even better.  I purchased an eyeliner brush and just wash it after each use (they suggest you buy their special brushes...I have had no problems using the same brush every day).  After your eyelashes reach the length you want you cut it back to twice or three times a week.  If you stop using it when your eyelashes naturally fall out your new lashes will grow back in the length they are now.  But if you continue to use it your lashes will grow in the same long length they were after you used Latisse.  They also say to use one drop on each disposable applicator for each eye.  I use one drop that I put on the bathroom counter (clean of course) and dip my eye liner brush into the drop.  There is enough (with left over) to do both eyes.  What ever is left I "paint" on my eye brows. 

Here is a link to purchase it from all day chemist: https://www.alldaychemist.com/936_Latisse

This one has had botox, I can tell.  Watch both of her reviews.
[youtube=425,350]jmRtqquELTM[/youtube]

Here is a follow up after she tried a different product.  She ended up liking the latisse better.  She talks about alldaychemist.com. She also shows a eyeliner brush exactly like what I use.
[youtube=425,350]7lLqhPwhbXE[/youtube]

Here is another review:

[youtube=425,350]G3-zllDchCA[/youtube]

She talks about at first how her lashes were getting long but that some of them were falling out (or at least she thought they were).  I went through that period too.  My lashes looked a little "spidery" for a couple of weeks then they started to fill in and get thicker. 

Go to youtube and put in lumagin or latisse and watch other reviews. 

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2010, 04:58:33 PM »
Why should this be for women only?
I take care of my skin...I'm VERY vain.

I use the alpha and beta hydroxy acids and moisturizers from this place...

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2010, 05:02:58 PM »

Ok, you can join in.  I give you special permission. 

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2010, 05:04:15 PM »
I have looked at latisse but was concerned about the cautions for contact lens users and also turning my eyes color...they are blue or green depending on what I am wearing.

Supposedly you have to take your lenses out before applying the stuff until it dries... :(
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2010, 05:47:19 PM »
I have looked at latisse but was concerned about the cautions for contact lens users and also turning my eyes color...they are blue or green depending on what I am wearing.

Supposedly you have to take your lenses out before applying the stuff until it dries... :(

They have never had anyone's eye change color using latisse.  It's the people who use it for glaucoma, from using the drops (lumagin) IN their eyes not on the lashes but since they are the same medication they have to give the precaution.  I use it at night after I wash my face.  It dries quickly.  Then you don't have to worry about your contacts.  If you are really worried about your eyes changing color maybe you should google it and see if anyone has actually had their eyes change color.  But if you are afraid that your eyes will change color, don't use it.  
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 06:01:22 PM by BEG »

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2010, 06:00:06 PM »

I ordered some of the products from the following company (they are inexpensive).  I haven't received them yet but will let you know what I think when I get them.  All of the products have Urea (yes I know what Urea is :p ) and most have alpha hydroxy acid (all different percentages).  Some have lactic acid. 

http://www.dermaltherapy.com/skin-care-products.asp

From their website:

Deep Moisturizing Urea - Nature's Own Skin Moisturizer

Urea is an important part of your skin’s natural moisturizing system.

The body uses manufactured urea in the same way as the urea naturally found in the skin. Scientists call it a true “humectant” because it is an important component of the body’s Natural Moisturizing Factor (NMF).

Urea causes hard dry skin cells to "unpack" and expose their water binding sites, thus enabling the cell to absorb and retain additional moisture. This action is also known as hydrotopic solubilization and several independent clinical investigations and studies prove that it works.

Unfortunately, urea on its own does not feel like a good moisturizing lotion. It is chemically unstable and actually leaves the skin feeling dry to the touch.

That is what makes DERMAL THERAPY such an effective formula. The pharmacists and scientists who developed DERMAL THERAPY use a special stabilized urea formulation that is precisely balanced and blended with other moisturizing ingredients including pure silk proteins and alpha hydroxy acids.

The results are efficacious moisturers that actively replenish moisture to the lowest skin depths and leave the skin looking silky smooth and feeling wonderful.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2010, 06:09:13 PM »
I still have issues with my face breaking out.  I started taking a daily multivitamin and it cleared up some of it.

It may be food-related.  Beer and nachos are not part of a balanced diet.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2010, 06:15:11 PM »
I still have issues with my face breaking out.  I started taking a daily multivitamin and it cleared up some of it.

It may be food-related.  Beer and nachos are not part of a balanced diet.

Check out the link I posted about the peel.  Go to the acne section and read what they have listed for it.  Women and men have used the peels to control their acne. 

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2010, 07:18:55 PM »
ARgggghhhhhhhhhh.......

I planted these little 2.5 foot tall blue spruces in the urns at my front door, before Christmas, thinking I could put little fairy lites on them for the holidays and then plant them somewhere come spring. Put happy little yellow pansies around them, as pansies will bloom here in the winter.

Found battery operated LED lites at Big Lots.

I was a happy camper with how they looked.

Today I go outside and take the lites off....bring them in lay them on the counter to get dry from snow/ice melt.

Instead of being smart and washing my hands....I got distracted and started doing something else.

My face itched....and I rubbed from forehead down to my chin.

Took a shower about a half hour later....got out of the shower and my face looks like BEG's little punkin's legs...

When will I learn to not touch my face after touching any f'n plant outside...... :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Globbed on the Elidel and at least it doesn't itch as much....just look like a kid with measles... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

In my next lifetime....I'm coming back with great skin. :censored:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2010, 07:21:13 PM »
Just crap Deb.  Sorry for that!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2010, 07:25:01 PM »
Just crap Deb.  Sorry for that!

What's so incredibly stupid is that I just healed up the last few places from when I planted the damn things and got stabbed by the little needles....so I knew better than to touch and not wash my hands.

There's something on the very tip of blue spuce needles that will break off into the skin....almost like the plant protects itself.

Besides the issue I have with my skin .... I have bad pine, fir, evergreen allergies.

I KNOW BETTER!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2010, 07:38:55 PM »
Man Deb that really stinks.  I get a rash when I touch trees with needles too.  I wonder what it is exactly that causes it. 

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2010, 08:13:14 PM »

heh. you posted the same site I did. :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2010, 08:16:41 PM »
Man Deb that really stinks.  I get a rash when I touch trees with needles too.  I wonder what it is exactly that causes it. 

I dunno, but I still get one every year at Christmas.  I guess I am a sucker.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2010, 10:43:40 PM »

Have you had allergy testing?

The pine, fir, evergreen was among the worst for me. It's not just contact, I have a problem with the pollen from them. In the springtime...pine pollen is so bad around here, it coats everything in yellow.

I haven't had a real tree in years....

Offline MarshallLaw

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2010, 09:31:05 AM »
Burp.

***scratch scratch scratch***

Buurrrrp.

*fart*

Sorry, this thread had way too much estrogen in it, needed a man's touch.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2010, 10:27:10 AM »
Burp.

***scratch scratch scratch***

Buurrrrp.

*fart*

Sorry, this thread had way too much estrogen in it, needed a man's touch.

:hammer:

You obviously didn't read the title of the thread....or if you did....you decided to snoop and make a snide comment.  :tongue:

Offline MarshallLaw

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2010, 11:37:09 AM »

:hammer:

You obviously didn't read the title of the thread....or if you did....you decided to snoop and make a snide comment.  :tongue:

Well, of course. 

Actually, I was hoping there would be some boobiez or something.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2010, 11:47:53 AM »

Well, of course. 

Actually, I was hoping there would be some boobiez or something.

Well ....we all have boobies...and we already know what they look like... :-)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2010, 12:18:10 PM »
Well ....we all have boobies...and we already know what they look like... :-)

Except for BadCat....of course. 

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2010, 01:23:33 PM »
Except for BadCat....of course. 

Have we ever seen a pic of BadCat?  :uhsure:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2010, 01:26:20 PM »

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2010, 01:29:09 PM »
Double Hi 5's, thundley!!!!  :bow: :bow: :bow:

That's pic is priceless!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: