Author Topic: franksolich to explore means of quitting smoking  (Read 7013 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: *****ANNOUNCEMENT FROM franksolich*****
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2009, 11:56:56 PM »
But your not going to start again  right???  I hope not..It is too hard to stop again, and way too darned expensive......I have to say, I have never had the urge to restart.....After 40 some yrs with that nicotine monkey on my back, I feel blessed to not look back on those addictive days.....

Back when I was younger, I knew a physician who had quit smoking in 1964.

This was twenty years later, when I knew him.

He said that he still had the urge, especially when seeing someone on television lighting up a cigarette.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Oceander

Re: franksolich to explore means of quitting smoking
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2009, 12:25:26 AM »
You do get the urge every once in a while, and the only thing to do about it is to not give in to it.  Think of it as a "primitive" trying to get back inside your head - do you really want the denizens from Skin's island taking up permanent residence in your body?

Offline SOFTBALL#4GRAMA

• Just Off Probation
  • The Tribe
Re: *****ANNOUNCEMENT FROM franksolich*****
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2009, 08:27:33 AM »
Back when I was younger, I knew a physician who had quit smoking in 1964.

This was twenty years later, when I knew him.

He said that he still had the urge, especially when seeing someone on television lighting up a cigarette.

I know there are people that restart after that length of time and or still have the urge....I can tell you with all honesty, I have to date, never had the urge.....None of us know what lies ahead, but I can tell you I have had enough stress in my life, that if anybody was going to restart, I would have don eit by now...I used no aides at all to quit, other than my own will power, and changing my routines and attitude.....Ice water and walking were my two main aides....I always had a glass filled with ice and water, with me and still do...A habit I picked up and never stopped...Whenever I felt that urge, I drank ice wqter, then I would go out and walk as far as my bad breathing would allow me....I can't walk so much at this point in my life but I am so happy to not have the burden, expense and smell.....And I love to gloat that I am an ex smoker..... :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
"Liberals are like slinkies.They're really good for nothing, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 09:29:49 AM »
I'm going to "unsticky" this for now.

Given the weather, which has significantly crippled this part of the country, and given the length of time one has to wait for an appointment (several weeks for "non-critical cases"), while I haven't given up on this, it's going to take longer than I had anticipated.

I'll update when something happens.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SOFTBALL#4GRAMA

• Just Off Probation
  • The Tribe
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 09:34:25 AM »
Well Frank from the looks of you avatar, you have already made a few changes to your body.....LOL...Don't give up on the smoking issue please....
"Liberals are like slinkies.They're really good for nothing, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 07:06:52 AM »
Well Frank from the looks of you avatar, you have already made a few changes to your body.....LOL...Don't give up on the smoking issue please....

Anyone try the E cigarette that is advertised on the banners.?

It is said that it can be used in non smoking areas.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2010, 07:59:13 AM »
Anyone try the E cigarette that is advertised on the banners.?

It is said that it can be used in non smoking areas.

I have a buddy that has been on one for almost a year, no smokes since March.  I tried it, didn't like it so much, but a lot of people do.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent