Author Topic: Girl Rejects Gardasil, Loses Path to Citizenship  (Read 7627 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Girl Rejects Gardasil, Loses Path to Citizenship
« on: September 11, 2009, 07:32:59 AM »
Girl Rejects Gardasil, Loses Path to Citizenship

Born in Britain in 1992, Simone Davis got off to a rough start in life. Her biological mother abandoned her as a baby, and her father was too immature to care for her.

At 3, Simone was adopted by her paternal grandmother, Jean Davis, who married an American in 2000 and moved them to Port St. Joe, Fla.

But because the adoption was not recognized in the United States, Davis embarked on a near-decade quest to get Simone U.S. citizenship.

Now 17 and an aspiring elementary school teacher and devout Christian, Simone has only one thing standing in the way -- the controversial vaccine Gardasil.

Immigration law mandates that Simone get the vaccine to protect against the sexually transmitted human papillomavirus, which has been linked tocervical cancer.

But Simone, who has taken a virginity pledge and is not sexually active, doesn't see why she should have to take the vaccine, especially one that has been under fire recently for safety issues.

And none of her American classmates is mandated by law to be vaccinated.

MORE

...and people really want the government to have total control of healthcare?   :mental:

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Flame

Re: Girl Rejects Gardasil, Loses Path to Citizenship
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 02:24:56 PM »
That's bullshit.  I'm not getting my daughter that vacine either.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 06:32:23 PM »
If she doesn't want to abide by the rules, send her back. :sarcasm:   I agree. Not only should she not have to take it, I don't think any students should against their parents wishes.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 10:44:42 AM »
That's bullshit.  I'm not getting my daughter that vacine either.

Same here. As far as I'm concerned the ads say "We know your daughter will be a slut, so give her this so she won't have to worry about it".   :thatsright:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 11:29:39 AM »
If she doesn't want to abide by the rules, send her back. :sarcasm:   I agree. Not only should she not have to take it, I don't think any students should against their parents wishes.

I think it is ridiculous to mandate that anybody be required to get that vaccine to immigrate.  It isn't as though they would be a public health risk if they refuse it  :thatsright:  I hope some good hearted immigration attorney takes her case pro bono and kicks the USCIS's a$$ in court.

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 10:12:10 PM »
I think it is ridiculous to mandate that anybody be required to get that vaccine to immigrate.  It isn't as though they would be a public health risk if they refuse it  :thatsright:  I hope some good hearted immigration attorney takes her case pro bono and kicks the USCIS's a$$ in court.

I'm hesitantly not sure that I agree with your assessment.  As I hesitantly believe that their could be a risk to the public if they refuse certain vaccinations.  Just as small pox, polio, and the measles were essentially eradicated until the upswing of families refusing vaccines for their children.  Now if any of those children catch those highly contagious diseases... there certainly is a strong likelihood for a significant public health risk.  Particularly to the growing minority of children who have gone without immunizations.

Granted, I'm quite reluctant and very hesitant to mandate any vaccinations or medical procedures on people or their children... Especially with the concerns over autism or other known/suspected vaccine side-effects.

I guess I'm just wary... 

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 10:14:23 PM »
Same here. As far as I'm concerned the ads say "We know your daughter will be a slut, so give her this so she won't have to worry about it".   :thatsright:

Isn't that vaccine for something that's rather common for woman to obtain?  Regardless of their penchant for being, ahem... loose? 

Concerns over vaccinations aside, I honestly just don't grasp the view you're holding towards this one.  Care to explain?

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 10:29:21 PM »
I'm hesitantly not sure that I agree with your assessment.  As I hesitantly believe that their could be a risk to the public if they refuse certain vaccinations.  Just as small pox, polio, and the measles were essentially eradicated until the upswing of families refusing vaccines for their children.  Now if any of those children catch those highly contagious diseases... there certainly is a strong likelihood for a significant public health risk.  Particularly to the growing minority of children who have gone without immunizations.

Granted, I'm quite reluctant and very hesitant to mandate any vaccinations or medical procedures on people or their children... Especially with the concerns over autism or other known/suspected vaccine side-effects.

I guess I'm just wary... 

I was very specifically talking about the Gardasil vaccine.  A strong argument could made for the necessity of a number of vaccines, but I don't see how refusing a vaccine that protects young women against several herpe viruses is really a public health issue. 

Offline Patriot Lady

• Credo ut intellegam
  • Just Off Probation
  • Courage
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 11:39:10 AM »
Interesting discussion! However, all vaccines and/or medications have side effects or toxic reactions associated with them. We can NEVER, really fool the body!
It would be best to see what the side effect is and make an educated decision. Most GOOD research is telling us that every vaccine has a toxic effect. Most recently, they are blamed for the very new peanut butter allergy that has popped up out of nowhere in this country.
Please remember that toxic effects are not necessarily seen directly after use. It takes an entire generation to truly prove the efficacy of any pharmaceutical. Since I last looked, the only med that passed one generation is aspirin.
Always weigh the need for the vaccine or med vs. the possible toxicity (side- effect).
The boomers are still around and all that they had was the polio sugar cube. I might add that they are the first immune- insufficient generation.
"THERE IS NOTHING MORE FRIGHTENING THAN ACTIVE IGNORANCE."
-- Goethe

Offline bkg

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 12:12:14 PM »
Unconstitutional.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 12:16:25 PM »
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Patriot Lady

• Credo ut intellegam
  • Just Off Probation
  • Courage
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 12:21:02 PM »
Unconstitutional.
It certainly is! However, we have let many things slide because they seems to be "good" things. i.e., smoking and seat belts. Outlawing or fining anything like that is essentially infringing on our rights. We cannot hide under the constitution for one thing and come out for another. We must be allowed choices!
-- Goethe

Offline bkg

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 12:25:27 PM »
It certainly is! However, we have let many things slide because they seems to be "good" things. i.e., smoking and seat belts. Outlawing or fining anything like that is essentially infringing on our rights. We cannot hide under the constitution for one thing and come out for another. We must be allowed choices!

While true, we should NEVER, under any circumstance, tolerate laws, like those you mentioned, to trump COTUS. If we do, we allow precedent and complacency. The water is slowly boiling.

Offline Patriot Lady

• Credo ut intellegam
  • Just Off Probation
  • Courage
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 12:35:05 PM »
So True! I never rallied around these laws, never will. When one group looses their rights, the rest are at risk. Great analogy-- but the water is getting hotter!  :fuelfire:
-- Goethe

Offline bkg

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 12:37:58 PM »
So True! I never rallied around these laws, never will. When one group looses their rights, the rest are at risk. Great analogy-- but the water is getting hotter!  :fuelfire:

The irony is that they just lifted the ban on immigration of those with HIV and/or AIDS.  Yet their worried about this? Fawking hypocrites...

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 01:16:47 PM »
The irony is that they just lifted the ban on immigration of those with HIV and/or AIDS.  Yet their worried about this? Fawking hypocrites...

Plus most of the resurgence of Polio, Smallpox, measles, etc., is the results of "people" crawling across our southern border, illegally, that have never been vaccinated for anything......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline bkg

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 01:22:05 PM »
Plus most of the resurgence of Polio, Smallpox, measles, etc., is the results of "people" crawling across our southern border, illegally, that have never been vaccinated for anything......

doc

Illegals are a different situation... the administration WANTS them here - the don't want legal immigration.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 03:11:18 PM »
Illegals are a different situation... the administration WANTS them here - the don't want legal immigration.

Roger that.....

doc

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 09:31:15 PM »
I think it is ridiculous to mandate that anybody be required to get that vaccine to immigrate.  It isn't as though they would be a public health risk if they refuse it  :thatsright:  I hope some good hearted immigration attorney takes her case pro bono and kicks the USCIS's a$$ in court.

I agree,looking at some of the reports, it's truly scary. I have never understood why any parent would want to have their daughters vaccinated

There are exemption forms

Maybe she doesn't know about them.A good attorney should know. Possible population control?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 09:34:02 PM by Inga »
There will always be "Battles" to fight.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 11:46:49 PM »
An update for everybody.  The USCIS will no longer require the HPV vaccine for adjustment of status applicants (ie people applying for Green Cards) as of December 14, 2009.

Link

and the official USCIS notice

USCIS link

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 07:48:30 PM »

An update for everybody.  The USCIS will no longer require the HPV vaccine for adjustment of status applicants (ie people applying for Green Cards) as of December 14, 2009.

Link

and the official USCIS notice

USCIS link

That's great news. She'll be back on the path to citizenship,if she hasn't taken the vaccine yet.
There will always be "Battles" to fight.