Author Topic: Workout DVD recommendation...  (Read 4671 times)

Offline Flame

Workout DVD recommendation...
« on: March 24, 2009, 09:03:37 AM »
Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

Whew.  Workout only takes 20 minutes, but its a non-stop 20 minutes!  There are 3 levels, so it gets progressively more difficult.  All that is needed are hand wieghts and a mat if you are on a hard floor.

We'll see if I can move tomorrow after this!

Offline Sweet Dee

Re: Workout DVD recommendation...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 09:19:27 AM »
Thanks for this suggestion!  I've been looking for a good dvd.  I was up way too early doing cardio this morning :)  lol  Yikes!

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 09:23:27 AM »
I'll have to check it out!  I need to do something different.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 09:46:19 AM »
let me know how it goes...i need to buy a workout DVD and I'm notoriously lazy and impatient at the same time :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Flame

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 11:03:07 AM »
I did it for the first time this morning...it's 20 minutes, and a cool down.  2 minute warm up, then 3 circuits of 3 min strength, 2 min cardio, 1 min abs.   My muscles are still talking to me!

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 11:10:41 AM »
I did it for the first time this morning...it's 20 minutes, and a cool down.  2 minute warm up, then 3 circuits of 3 min strength, 2 min cardio, 1 min abs.   My muscles are still talking to me!

This is awesome!  I like a really good, sweaty cardio workout.  Do you do yoga?  I wouldn't mind some suggestions in that department!

Offline Flame

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 11:23:12 AM »
This is awesome!  I like a really good, sweaty cardio workout.  Do you do yoga?  I wouldn't mind some suggestions in that department!

Got a new Yoga video, too (my birthday presents...lol) but haven't done it yet...I'll let you know after I do it.

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 11:25:08 AM »
Got a new Yoga video, too (my birthday presents...lol) but haven't done it yet...I'll let you know after I do it.

Sweet :)  I've searched Amazon and there are so many suggestions it's hard to pick just one!  So thanks :)

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 11:30:07 AM »
I don't do DVDs because I know that no one is watching so I don't HAVE to do it.  LOL  But I have heard REALLY good things about the PX90 DVD too!!!
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

Sometimes I aim to please, but mostly I just shoot to kill.

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 11:33:45 AM »
I don't do DVDs because I know that no one is watching so I don't HAVE to do it.  LOL  But I have heard REALLY good things about the PX90 DVD too!!!

Yes!  I bookmarked the website for that dvd.  But it's so expensive!!  lol  That's kinda my last resort option.  haha  :) 

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 07:44:50 AM »
Thanks flame! I am going to give it a try. I also downloaded a book called Ageless If You Dare. It's a book of facial exercises, I dunno, some of the before/after shots were impressive.  :p
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 04:28:38 PM »
Yes!  I bookmarked the website for that dvd.  But it's so expensive!!  lol  That's kinda my last resort option.  haha  :) 

I have this thing about DVD or workout videos.  Since I KNOW the person can't really see what i am doing I will sit on my couch and eat bon bons while watching it.  :lmao:  It is rather counter-productive.  However, if I have someone standing in front of me saying "DO IT!" then I rise to the occasion!   :lmao:
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

Sometimes I aim to please, but mostly I just shoot to kill.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 04:34:49 PM »
Totie Fields' Three-Finger Workout.   

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 08:49:23 PM »
But I have heard REALLY good things about the PX90 DVD too!!!

P90X is an insanely powerful workout routine.  Albeit it's not for the faint of heart, or those not already in relatively decent shape.  It's basically to turn your average to a few extra pounds but active and healthy person; into a raw, lean, athlete or photo-shoot body.

There's a regular P90 for those who haven't been actively working out recently.  Which uses many of the same techniques and muscle confusion strategies, but with less intensity.