Author Topic: Drink Water To Stop Smoking.  (Read 3253 times)

Offline Lanie

Drink Water To Stop Smoking.
« on: March 23, 2009, 05:50:57 PM »
There are fortunately simple and cheap methods for curbing the craving. For example, drinking water is thought to help people overcome their craving for a cigarette. This especially helps newly abstained smokers curb cravings during the first few weeks. Those who have smoked for a long period of time become accustomed to nicotine, which is a very strong drug. During the time when an individual quits smoking or is in the process of quitting, the craving for nicotine is strong. The body is accustomed to being on nicotine on a regular basis. The drug must be flushed out of the system; using water can be very effective in doing this. The greater the consumption of water, the greater is the elimination of toxins.

On average, those who have strong urges to smoke should double their consumption of water. More practical is the gradual reduction in the amount of tobacco a person smokes. This method allows the body to become accustomed to reduced use of nicotine on a continual basis. Quitting smoking suddenly upsets the body and cravings that result often create more withdrawal symptoms. One common symptom of withdrawal is having a headache.

If you must quit smoking, but have given into the urge to smoke, it isn't necessary to feel guilty. Simply gulp down 3 to 4 glasses of water in order to rid your body of the nicotine toxins. Make a new resolve not to give in to another urge. When the urge is high, try to stay away from it. Gulp a few glasses of water instead and remind yourself to avoid adding more toxins to your body.

http://www.articlesbase.com/health-articles/drink-water-to-stop-those-nicotine-cravings-55850.html

I just found out about that a week ago and thought I'd post about it. :)
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.

Offline Wayne

Re: Drink Water To Stop Smoking.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 06:38:26 PM »
   Interesting article, Are you trying to quit?  I quit 2 years ago this month and the craving for a smoke has not left me.. Some times it's worse than others.

Offline Lanie

Re: Drink Water To Stop Smoking.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 07:48:03 PM »
   Interesting article, Are you trying to quit?  I quit 2 years ago this month and the craving for a smoke has not left me.. Some times it's worse than others.

I don't smoke, but my mom does. She's trying very hard to quit. She can't really afford them anymore. Before the manufacturer hike, she had already gotten to where she couldn't hardly breath.
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.