Author Topic: Reviews on health products.......  (Read 4061 times)

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
Reviews on health products.......
« on: January 04, 2009, 12:11:03 PM »
I like reading reviews on all kinds of things for health. Send yours to me.

The Bender ball: I thought about this until I seen the reviews.

The bender ball

There will always be "Battles" to fight.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Re: Reviews on health products.......
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 12:19:05 PM »
There is a large version of this, I don't know what it is like as exercise equipment but a colleague used one for an office chair and it was surprisingly comfortable as well as keeping one in a good posture.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 01:38:14 PM »
There is a large version of this, I don't know what it is like as exercise equipment but a colleague used one for an office chair and it was surprisingly comfortable as well as keeping one in a good posture.

They are called "Swiss balls", as they originated in Switzerland. They are good for performing exercises that strengthen "stabilizer muscles". I use them to supplement my core and chest muscle workouts.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 03:57:25 PM by Odin's Hand »
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 03:36:50 PM »
"Swiss balls"

I really wish I hadn't Googled "Swiss balls" now. :(
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »
I'm seeing this Iron Gym thing advertised on TV now.  It's a molded bar that fits over your doorframe and lets you do upper-body workouts.  The advertising looks fascinating, but it's probably another thing that will never be used by half the people who buy it.

I like going to Amazon.com and reading the lowest-rated reviews for a product. 
Measure your doorframe first...totally useless for me.  My door frames are only 3.75" thick (including trim), so the IronGym sat at an angle, and didn't but VERY slightly sit on the edge of the trim on top. In fact, as soon as I put it up on the doorframe, it dropped to the floor and the screw heads put a dent in my foot and my laminate flooring.
This product is just a glorified pull-up bar. All other exercises advertised just do not "happen", but I am sure it helps boost up their sales dramatically.
I purchased this because of the price, but when I got home it was missing the screws to assemble it. I sent an email to the customer service for the Iron Gym, they said I would have to return it to the store where I purchased it.

The store I bought it from has a exchange only policy for open items and they were out the Iron Gym.

I went down and bought some screws for it from a hardware store.

So buyer beware, they really do not support the product. If it is missing pieces, make sure you can exchange it or get a refund, or you are out of luck and your money.

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B001EJMS6K/ref=cm_cr_pr_fltrmsg?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=0

I think I'll just stick with my barbells and walking shoes.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 11:11:58 PM »
I like reading reviews on all kinds of things for health. Send yours to me.

The Bender ball: I thought about this until I seen the reviews.

The bender ball

I learned more interesting and different way to work my abs with a trainer then I ever had before.  It is all in the knowledge on this product, my opinion, anyway.
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

Sometimes I aim to please, but mostly I just shoot to kill.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 01:45:04 PM »
I have a lot of different "as seen on TV" kinds of products since I live out in the middle of nowhere and get bored easily. BTW, if you want a free daily super kickass workout try the daily workout at crossfit.com (they have modifications for different levels of fitness and women and children), based on Tabata, which I'm convinced is the best workout I've ever had. Anyway no matter what else I buy I always use my free weights and Bow Flex. I have a Total Gym and really like it, except that I outgrew it. My naturopath recommended it to me when I had a lot of weight to lose as it takes weight off the joints. It's also good for people who have arthiritis. Mostly I've bought exercise DVD's because I like a lot of variety there and highly recommend anything from Beachbody.

Turbo Jam is my absolute favorite. Chalene Johnson is great and the music is the best I've heard for workouts either on DVD or at a live class. Cardio Pary Mix 2 is my personal favorite but they're all good. There's a 30 minute one that's aerobic and anaerobic that will kick your butt. Turbo Jam combines kickboxing, Capoeira, body sculpting and dance. Very fun and I've never gotten bored.

Next would probably be any of the Tony Horton videos. P90X is excellent and does work. I tend to stick with it if they're challenging and this definitely is. He's also got a 10 minute workout series (total body, abs, upper body, lower body, core, etc.) I do when I'm feeling lazy or short on time. Even when I'm lazy I can usually talk myself into a 10-minute hyper-intense workout then I'm usually motivated enough to do more.

Slim in 6, Hip Hop Abs & Yoga Booty Ballet, and Carmen Electra's Aerobic Strip Tease are okay and I use them occasionally. Slim in 6's basic workout is on the boring side but the advanced ones are fun for a change of pace. She uses workout bands for part of the routine and they're more effective than I thought they'd be. The Carmen Electra one is a 6 series set. The first one is pretty basic but the other ones aren't bad. There's some pilates inspired core workouts and some of the dance routines are fun. The lap dance is a surprisingly good workout.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 05:20:35 PM »
I've been using these Prohands Pro grip exercisers for about a month and my grip strength has increased drastically. It is the best grip exerciser I've used.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 08:58:37 PM »
A bit of useless information:

One of our biggest clients is a marketing and coaching company.  They do sales on the front and back-end for many infomercials.  Guthry-Renker just called them to have them help with their sales, etc.  (this is potentially huge for us and for them, obviously.)  They told one of the partners that their best selling products right now are all their fitness products.  Interesting, eh?  They said that since the summer all their other products have dipped except for exercise products.

Now you know nothing just like me.  lol
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

Sometimes I aim to please, but mostly I just shoot to kill.