Author Topic: When Harry met Kelly  (Read 1135 times)

Offline zeitgeist

When Harry met Kelly
« on: January 13, 2014, 05:54:24 PM »
http://watchdog.org/123396/unemployment-benefits-irs/

FACEOFF: Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte, left, and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid are dueling over her amendment to prohibit illegal immigrants from receiving child tax-credit checks. Ayotte’s amendment is one of several money-saving proposals to offset the cost of extending benefits to jobless Americans.

By Kenric Ward | Watchdog.org

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Bowing to a flurry of cost-cutting amendments on a bill extending unemployment benefits, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said he will allow votes on “reasonable” reforms. But he didn’t say when.

Reid’s shuffle comes after Republicans blasted the Nevada Democrat for unilaterally blocking amendments that could yield $70 billion in taxpayer savings.

“I am not surprised that Senator Reid is backtracking,” said David North. The immigration-law expert praised GOP Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., for her amendment to halt IRS child tax-credit refunds going to illegal immigrants.

“Whether you are a Republican or a Democrat, you could not fail to be impressed by Sen. Ayotte’s move,” North told Watchdog.org.

:rotf:

GOParty of old white men indeed.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 06:08:05 PM by zeitgeist »
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: When Harry met Kelly
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 07:39:49 PM »
I'm just surprised that Reid hasn't been outmaneuvered much more frequently.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 12:18:06 AM »

Happens all the time in the showers at the country club.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 12:23:10 AM »

Like his old pal Jerry Sandusky, the flaming pedarast Harry Reid is accustomed to maneuvering in country club showers.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 10:01:01 AM »
Look how evil he looks up there (as always).  It's beyond me how he got elected in the first place. 

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 03:57:59 PM »
Look how evil he looks up there (as always).  It's beyond me how he got elected in the first place. 

The leaders of the Demoncrat party are always hideous or evil looking.  Pelosi, Biden, Kerry, Feinstein, Reid, DWS, Michelle and Barry, etc.   Reid reminds me of a Sith Lord.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 09:05:46 PM »
Not about that but,
How dare you ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 09:22:59 PM »

He has the ultimate control of what is allowed to come up for a vote AT ALL in the Senate by virtue of being Majority Leader.  You don't have to be anything above a sphincter to deadline anything your opposition wants to do when you have that power.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 06:53:55 PM »
I'm beginning to REALLY like Senator Ayotte.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 07:28:15 AM »
I'm beginning to REALLY like Senator Ayotte.

I am beginning to warm to this lady to replace Mean Jeanne (aka Shaheen, the Elder, aka the Senior Senator from the Granny State)

Here in the merry matriarchy now called BlueHampshire, the Granny State, can we at least elect some true conservative women??

http://www.testermanforsenate.com/

I would rather see her than Buffy Brown, who, although he might set the ladies nether regions all a twitter, is far from a true conservative.

Folk with a little Christmas money left over might send it this way to help unseat Mean Jeanne.  In a small state like NH a money bomb is most effective for a candidate like Karen at this stage of the game with Buffy sucking up all the oxygen while still not having declared one way or the other.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 07:30:47 AM by zeitgeist »
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Dori

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 07:45:22 AM »
He has the ultimate control of what is allowed to come up for a vote AT ALL in the Senate by virtue of being Majority Leader.  You don't have to be anything above a sphincter to deadline anything your opposition wants to do when you have that power.

This is what too many voters don't understand about how their government works (or doesn't work).

Just like the left constantly complaining about jobs and how it's the Republicans fault for stopping the Democrats, when nothing can be further from the truth.  The Republican house has passed several jobs bills, only to be sidelined by Reid.

Reid isn't going to do anything that Obama doesn't approve of.

I've also wondered how many politicians on both sides operate under the threat of being exposed for some past wrong doing, similar to what's happening to all the military brass.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler