Author Topic: NH voter ID  (Read 806 times)

Offline zeitgeist

NH voter ID
« on: September 11, 2012, 06:26:47 PM »
I am putting this here because I suspect it has limited appeal being a very small campfire and of a very local nature.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1065212
matt819 (3,496 posts)

Voter ID in New Hampshire

I guess I wasn't paying attention, but it seems NH passed a voter ID law.

Having voted here for more than a decade, I have to tell you, it was a bit disconcerting to have to present ID when I voted in the primary this morning.

My point here is that if you know anyone in NH who doesn't have a photo ID, let them know about this. You can get a non-driver's ID at the DMV. The cost is $10. From the DMV: To qualify for a New Hampshire non-driver ID card you must be at least 16 years old and you must reside in New Hampshire. Proving your age is always done with a birth certificate. Showing residency can be done with a utility bill postmarked and addressed to you, a town clerk residency letter, or a valid NH vehicle registration.

It seems that all they are looking for is proof that you are over 16. Well, I can see how a birth certificate might be useful for that, but after a certain age it's pretty clear that 16 is a distant memory. That said, I don't know how strictly the towns are enforcing this. But if you know someone who needs this, it's time to get this process started.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Response to matt819 (Original post)

Tue Sep 11, 2012, 04:59 PM

Warren Stupidity (28,191 posts)

1. Yeah that was f'ing disturbing this morning.

Last edited Tue Sep 11, 2012, 05:01 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Our loonislature at work. I politely told the nice woman volunteering at the check in desk that "no, I did not want to show her any id". She didn't even hesitate for a second, checked my name off THE DAMN WAY WE HAVE BEEN DOING IT HERE FOR CENTURIES, handed me the flyer informing me that what was good enough and totally unbroken was now going to be fixed, and I took a Democratic ballot and voted.

Oh, and the fact that you have to buy a voting ID IS A ******* POLL TAX.

Limited government my ass.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link herePermalink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Response to matt819 (Original post)

Tue Sep 11, 2012, 05:34 PM

louis-t (11,542 posts)

2. It is a poll tax. Period.

When I am asked for I. D. when I vote in Nov. I plan to look the person in the eye, smile and nicely say: "I am presenting my I. D. under protest." Hopefully, others will hear me and do the same.

And my comments:  Not paying attention? Typical DUmmy can't pay attention because he has no cents.    Checked your name off because they are not payed to argue with DUmmies.  Pissing off the over worked, underpaid poll worker?  Great idea.  You will be given a provisional ballot. But remember this, the poll worker will certainly have taken the measure of your character and is probably a neighbor, at the very least you will become known as an ASSHOLE to others.  That is the way it works DUmmy.  Never piss off the polling clerks. 
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Rachel

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: NH voter ID
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 06:59:27 PM »
What's wrong with voter ID in the first place? I believe much of Europe uses it, but with that argument I'm surprised the liberals aren't in favor of it.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 07:25:32 PM »
What's wrong with voter ID in the first place? I believe much of Europe uses it, but with that argument I'm surprised the liberals aren't in favor of it.

Libs feel that Voter ID will interfere with their ability to rig elections by stuffing ballot boxes.  Makes it so inconvenient to bring in ringers if they need ID.
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 07:40:05 PM »

It's wrong because most dead people do not have IDs. It's a blatant Republican attempt at disenfranchising dead people.

What has always been curious to me is why dead people always seem to vote Democrat.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 07:57:26 PM »
"I am presenting my I. D. under protest." Hopefully, others will hear me and do the same.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 08:39:35 PM »
I am putting this here because I suspect it has limited appeal being a very small campfire and of a very local nature.

And my comments:  Not paying attention? Typical DUmmy can't pay attention because he has no cents.    Checked your name off because they are not payed to argue with DUmmies.  Pissing off the over worked, underpaid poll worker?  Great idea.  You will be given a provisional ballot. But remember this, the poll worker will certainly have taken the measure of your character and is probably a neighbor, at the very least you will become known as an ASSHOLE to others.  That is the way it works DUmmy.  Never piss off the polling clerks. 

Concur--they asked for ID from me and an older lady behind me (only two waiting) when I went to vote this morning.  The elderly lady did not (and how she drove down there without one I find interesting) but she was very nice to the poll worker, who did an excellent job of explaining that they were accepting ballots today and that in the general all they could do is give a provisional and wait for proof of RESIDENCY....there's the key word there, DUmmies--RESIDENCY.

Seems there's lots of college kids in Durham and Keene and Massholes in Hampton, Portsmouth, Nashua, and the Lakes region casting ballots who shouldn't be allowed to.  Go figure!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 08:40:37 PM »

Notice that Holder and "his people" aren't suing up here?  Maybe has something to do with NH being 97 percent white.

So no, the reasons about "race" is bullshit.  They just know they can get away with it in states with larger minority populations.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 08:41:20 PM »
Seems there's lots of college kids in Durham and Keene and Massholes in Hampton, Portsmouth, Nashua, and the Lakes region casting ballots who shouldn't be allowed to.  Go figure!

I still believe college students provide the perfect method of illegal voting.