Author Topic: Old & Busted: First Amendment - The New Hotness: Outlawing Koran Burning  (Read 1324 times)

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
Sometimes I wonder if we didn't wake up soon enough...

Last week we saw a Florida Pastor – with 30 members in his church – threaten to burn Korans which lead to riots and killings in Afghanistan. We also saw Democrats and Republicans alike assume that Pastor Jones had a Constitutional right to burn those Korans.  But Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer told [George Stephanopoulos] on "GMA" that he's not prepared to conclude that -- in the internet age -- the First Amendment condones Koran burning.

“Holmes said it doesn’t mean you can shout 'fire' in a crowded theater,” Breyer told me. “Well, what is it?  Why?  Because people will be trampled to death.  And what is the crowded theater today?  What is the being trampled to death?”

Look, I was never crazy about the whole koran-burning thing, primarily because having to listen to those assholes at CAIR bitch about it just ins't worth it to me.

However, if this Supreme Court Justice, this virus with a robe and shoes, thinks singling out mohammedanism for protection is akin to "shouting FIRE! in a crowded theater," then perhaps it's time to start seriously considering that move to Wyoming the old lady and I have been dreaming about.

Offline thundley4

Re: Old & Busted: First Amendment - The New Hotness: Outlawing Koran Burning
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 11:58:27 AM »
Under his theory  then building the GZVM may not be allowed under the first amendment. After all, some crazy leftie pretending to be a Tea Party member may bomb the place.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 12:59:24 PM »
And this is the same America under the imposter, Barack Hussein Obama?! :bird: :censored:
What happened that we have so many people that hate America, that actually call themselves, "Americans"?!? :mental:

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 01:39:23 PM »
Just read this take on it on another site:

Let the word go out: In America, your right to be free of religious critiques is dependent on how willing you are to kill for it.

No shit, man.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 05:43:03 PM »
Sometimes I wonder if we didn't wake up soon enough...

Look, I was never crazy about the whole koran-burning thing, primarily because having to listen to those assholes at CAIR bitch about it just ins't worth it to me.

However, if this Supreme Court Justice, this virus with a robe and shoes, thinks singling out mohammedanism for protection is akin to "shouting FIRE! in a crowded theater," then perhaps it's time to start seriously considering that move to Wyoming the old lady and I have been dreaming about.

Breyer--Clinton appointee.

Nuff said.  Free speech for me, but not for thee.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 06:12:17 PM »
All right Christians, you know what this means. If someone disrespects some aspect of your religion, go crazy and start burning shit and killing people. The libtards will support you then.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 07:33:00 PM »
Talk about thinned skinned right there.  :mental: To be human is the will to fight for survival.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 02:21:26 PM »
Does this mean the next time one of these asshats burn my flag, I can shoot 'em where they stand, Breyer, you ignorant, left wing, slut to the progressives??????????
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 05:44:50 PM »
Talk about thinned skinned right there.  :mental: To be human is the will to fight for survival.

It took me two days before I understood your response. I'm not only impressed, I'm grateful....   :bow:

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 11:15:13 PM »
And this is the same America under the imposter, Barack Hussein Obama?! :bird: :censored:
What happened that we have so many people that hate America, that actually call themselves, "Americans"?!? :mental:
What happened is that WE have rested on our asses and over the past 40 years allowed these leftist scumbags to propagate and gain control of our major institutions - we were tolerant, they were millitant. Now we are 'in' mostly over our heads. The choice is clear - eliminate them or lose this nation.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄