Author Topic: Hawai`i progressives dump Obama: “How soon can he be impeached?”  (Read 792 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Big 2004 Kucinich supporters who switched to Obama in 2008, some Hawai`i Progressive Democrats are already calling for Barack Obama’s impeachment. The call is in response to hints that Obama would cut Social Security and Medicare spending—both of which are critical to the funding of the Hawai`i ‘progressive’ lifestyle.

Writing at Disappearednews.com, Larry Geller of Kaua`i asks: “How soon can he be impeached?” The self-styled Progressive Geller links to an article titled “Obama hints at entitlements changes” which suggests that Obama might raise the retirement age a couple years, index payments to inflation, cut benefits or allow benefits based on need.

Geller is closely tied to Kaua`i anti-Superferry protesters who blocked ferry service to the island in 2007--making Kaua`i an international laughingstock.

Geller contrasts Obama’s post-election policy ideas to a Obama campaign website pledge to “protect social security” and “protect and strengthen Medicare.” Pushing impeachment, Geller argues:

link

This one's from January, but the misery continues ...
Obama worse than Bush (Buyers' Remorse from another leftist)
By Hawaii Tribune-Herald :: 594 Views   
President 'Obummer'
Dear Editor,

I personally thought President Bush was the worst to hold such a prestigious position as the president of the United States.  Looking at President Obama's stimulus package, now I feel he is the worst presdent in history to conquer the Oval Office.

I say this, because his stimulus plan hardly comes close at all to a stimulus package.

His plan is to tax the working class and give those funds to contractors and developers who really don't need it.

I strongly feel a stimulus package should help the working poor and poor altogether. This is the same old "the poor getting poorer and the richer getting richer" "politricks."

I definitely have to say President Obama is certainly disappointing in his debut with his stimulus plan. If this is the real President Obama, things will get only worse economically, socially and "politrickally."

"Obummer."

Dean Nagasako
Pahala, Hawaii  (From the Hawaii Tribune-Herald Feb 18, 2009)

link

:rotf:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I have an acquaintance who is very connected with Hawaii politics -- I forwarded this to her and will share her thoughts if and when she responds to me.

Very beautiful lady BTW.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.