Author Topic: Jindal to Deliver GOP Response to Obama's First Speech to Congress (Feb 24)  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

this should be good.  the party is in search of an unofficial leader now that the coma known as
the mccain campaign is over.  jindal is going to get a shot at that role.

Jindal to Deliver GOP Response to Obama's First Speech to Congress
President Obama plans to speak to a joint session of the House and Senate on Feb. 24.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal is getting another prominent role in the national Republican Party. He'll deliver the GOP response to President Barack Obama's first speech to Congress, in two weeks.

Obama plans to speak to a joint session of the House and Senate on Feb. 24.

Jindal will give the national Republican response from Baton Rouge immediately following the speech, according to a news release from House and Senate Republican leaders.

"I'm looking forward to hearing President Obama's address and I'm honored to be delivering the Republican response after him," Jindal said in a statement.

"Here in Louisiana, we have first-hand experience with reforming government and cutting taxes to stimulate our economy in uncertain times," he added. "This is a terrific opportunity to talk about our great state to the nation."

Link

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
What's that word?

Oh yeah...

w00t!
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

I wonder how the racist Dems are going to be attacking him?  Before and after his speech?

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
I wonder how the racist Dems are going to be attacking him?  Before and after his speech?

I'll bet they call him "Piyush" behind his back, and whisper that he is a closet Hindu. 

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Good choice. :-)

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
I'll bet they call him "Piyush" behind his back, and whisper that he is a closet Hindu. 

I can see them now...with the 7-11 jokes. 

Offline Lacarnut

Jindal is a great choice other than the obvious ones. He will make the comparison between Louisiana and those blue states that are on the brink of bankruptcy. Louisiana is the only state that had job growth in every month in 2008 except the month of the two hurricanes. Cutting spending and taxes is a formula for success. Companies are hiring and home values have not fallen like other parts of the country. In fact, my house has almost doubled in value since Katrina. Jindal has a positive story to tell that will resonate with Joe 6 pack unlike the doom and gloom of the Dummiecraps.