Author Topic: Bush prepares Obama for transition  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Bush prepares Obama for transition
« on: November 07, 2008, 06:38:00 PM »
it's an unreported story, but GWB has been working on the transition for a year.  he has already processed the top 100 people from both the mccain and obama camps for the proper security clearances, with the goal being an orderly transfer of power. that was all with the global war on terror in mind, but it turns out that it was a good idea for domestic reasons as well.

say what you will about the man, and I suspect he isn't the most popular person within the republican party, but you have to give him this;  he is discharging his duty as CinC until the end, and he is doing it with honor and dignity.

Bush prepares Obama for transition

President George W. Bush publicly directed administration employees Thursday to ensure a peaceful and cooperative transfer of power.

The transition is a delicate dance, in which the White House keeps the president-elect in the loop and even solicits his input, but the decisions remain the president's.

When President-elect Barack Obama meets with Bush on Monday, the discussion list will include the financial crisis, the war in Iraq and the future of the country.

"We face economic challenges that will not pause to let a new president settle in," Bush told a gathering of hundreds of employees from the presidential bureaucracy.

"This will also be America's first wartime presidential transition in four decades," he said. "We're in a struggle against violent extremists ... and they would like nothing more than to exploit this period of change to harm the American people."

Link

Offline Miss Mia

Re: Bush prepares Obama for transition
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 07:31:31 PM »
it's an unreported story, but GWB has been working on the transition for a year.  he has already processed the top 100 people from both the mccain and obama camps for the proper security clearances, with the goal being an orderly transfer of power. that was all with the global war on terror in mind, but it turns out that it was a good idea for domestic reasons as well.

say what you will about the man, and I suspect he isn't the most popular person within the republican party, but you have to give him this;  he is discharging his duty as CinC until the end, and he is doing it with honor and dignity.

I did not know that Bush has been working on the transition for a year, but it makes sense. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 07:51:46 PM »

I did not know that Bush has been working on the transition for a year, but it makes sense. 

well, you do now.  barack obama's best friend is about to be george w bush.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 07:54:04 PM »
well, you do now.  barack obama's best friend is about to be george w bush.

That much I did expect the closeness of the President & President-Elect.  I expect many heads to explode at DU if they spend more than 20 minutes together...like they do whenever Clinton and Bush Sr. do anything together.  Or many many posts about how Obama should tell President Bush "off" or something.  LOL!
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 06:00:28 AM »

he's processed the top 100 people for clearances?  i'm assuming the FBI checked O's birth and citizenship then?

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 09:42:57 AM »
Makes me want to know what went on behind the scenes in 2000 when the Clintons handed over the keys.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline djones520

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 09:47:49 AM »
Makes me want to know what went on behind the scenes in 2000 when the Clintons handed over the keys.

From everything I heard, not a damn thing.  They spent more time ransacking the place then ensuring the on coming shift was properly briefed and prepared.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."