Author Topic: Democrats Are Weighing More Tax Rebates, Pelosi Says  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Democrats Are Weighing More Tax Rebates, Pelosi Says
« on: July 16, 2008, 03:34:50 PM »

first of all, the first one was sort of idiotic, but this is just a brazen attempt to sneak a ton of
pork and liberal legislative priorities into law. :whatever:

and besides, The MichelleStar! says thought the first one was so insignificant as to be beneath her dignity, anyway.

Democrats Are Weighing More Tax Rebates, Pelosi Says

July 15 (Bloomberg) -- Congressional Democrats are considering a second round of rebates to taxpayers, saying the benefits of the first checks sent to more than 100 million households this year are being eroded by rising energy prices.

``We will be proceeding with another stimulus package, and we once again hope we will work in a bipartisan way,'' House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said after House Democratic leaders met with a group of economists to discuss the spreading housing crisis and rising gas prices.

Pelosi and other House Democrats said that in addition to more rebates a second stimulus package would probably include additional spending for roads and other infrastructure, expanded unemployment benefits, home-heating assistance for low-income families and aid for states struggling with budget deficits.

Plans for the stimulus legislation are taking shape as Democrats race to approve the Bush administration's proposed rescue plan for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac by early next week.

Bush said today he would prefer to wait to see how the $168 billion economic stimulus measure passed in February affects the economy.

MORE

Offline djones520

Re: Democrats Are Weighing More Tax Rebates, Pelosi Says
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »
It's a distraction act.  "Look, we're not doing a damn thing about oil, so where gonna throw more money at you to get you to shut up."

:thatsright:  I'll be ****ing amazed of some of these people aren't replaced this year.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 03:45:14 PM »
It's a distraction act.  "Look, we're not doing a damn thing about oil, so where gonna throw more money at you to get you to shut up."

:thatsright:  I'll be ****ing amazed of some of these people aren't replaced this year.

they have got to be the most ineffective congress in recent history.

hell, they only ran on two things, hating george bush, and ending the war, and the war is still on.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 03:53:56 PM »
they have got to be the most ineffective congress in recent history.

hell, they only ran on two things, hating george bush, and ending the war, and the war is still on.

Don't forget lowering gas prices.  :whatever:

Ineffective is an understatement.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 05:47:40 PM »

:thatsright:  I'll be ******* amazed of some of these people aren't replaced this year.
This is the typical liberal mantra for any problem they encounter....throw more of your money at it....assuming that it will make it go away.  If it doesn't, they obviously need to form committees and then throw more of your money at it.  Repeat.
 :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 07:53:25 PM »
I swear to god the whole ****ing lot of politicians need to be kicked out of congress. We need a Conservative party.**** the ***** ass republicans and the moonbat democrats.  :censored:  :censored: :banghead:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 08:02:23 PM »
I swear to god the whole ****ing lot of politicians need to be kicked out of congress. We need a Conservative party.**** the ***** ass republicans and the moonbat democrats.  :censored:  :censored: :banghead:

Well, to be honest, if Paul wasn't so f'n anti-war, I would have probably voted for him. That's about one of the only issues I disagreed with him on. As for Congress, well, I voted for Fleming, but I'm not unhappy about Broun getting re-elected. He pissed me off one time, his pandering to the religious right by trying to get Playboy banned from military installations. Hell, he sponsored that damn bill. Yeah, as if we don't have more important issues at hand.  :whatever:

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline djones520

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 08:07:52 PM »

Well, to be honest, if Paul wasn't so f'n anti-war, I would have probably voted for him. That's about one of the only issues I disagreed with him on. As for Congress, well, I voted for Fleming, but I'm not unhappy about Broun getting re-elected. He pissed me off one time, his pandering to the religious right by trying to get Playboy banned from military installations. Hell, he sponsored that damn bill. Yeah, as if we don't have more important issues at hand.  :whatever:

I'm pleased with Hoekstra, but I wish Levin or Stabenow would get replaced.  Michigan is a pretty equally divided state, and should have one Republican and one Democratic Senator IMO.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 08:12:25 PM »

I'm pleased with Hoekstra, but I wish Levin or Stabenow would get replaced.  Michigan is a pretty equally divided state, and should have one Republican and one Democratic Senator IMO.

Why? We have two Republican senators in Georgia. WE don't have a problem keeping jobs here. Maybe Michigan needs to go the all-conservative route. (notice I didn't say Republican as it's not synonymous anymore)

Offline djones520

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 08:24:07 PM »

Why? We have two Republican senators in Georgia. WE don't have a problem keeping jobs here. Maybe Michigan needs to go the all-conservative route. (notice I didn't say Republican as it's not synonymous anymore)

Just to better represent the people.  The state is split almost 50/50 between Red and Blue.  So let the representation reflect that.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 08:26:23 PM »
Just to better represent the people.  The state is split almost 50/50 between Red and Blue.  So let the representation reflect that.

Then maybe that's the problem.