Author Topic: In "honor" of Tiger Woods' return to golf at The Masters  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
In "honor" of Tiger Woods' return to golf at The Masters
« on: April 06, 2022, 04:33:51 PM »
The video kinda stinks, but with Carlin only the audio is really important.

For those who don't wish to watch or listen, the gist from George is "I'm tired of being told who to admire in this country".  Which I wholeheartedly agree with.

https://youtu.be/RfutD4H8peQ
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: In "honor" of Tiger Woods' return to golf at The Masters
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 05:13:39 PM »
I am one of those people who couldn't care less about whether Tiger plays in the Masters.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 05:14:48 PM »
I am one of those people who couldn't care less about whether Tiger plays in the Masters.

You're not alone.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2022, 09:50:45 PM »
He's hanging-in like usual, before the injury.  No awkward hulking. 

Scottie Scheffler is running away with the Tournament. 

CBS/ESPN better recalibrate their ball-flight animation...  I must've seen 12-shots that veered wildly into the trees, only to have the player hitting the next shot from a perfectly unobstructed vista.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2022, 08:46:20 AM »
He's hanging-in like usual, before the injury.  No awkward hulking. 

Scottie Scheffler is running away with the Tournament. 

CBS/ESPN better recalibrate their ball-flight animation...  I must've seen 12-shots that veered wildly into the trees, only to have the player hitting the next shot from a perfectly unobstructed vista.

Had the ESPN+ (more on that in a minute) feed on my laptop and glanced over out of curiosity on occasion Thursday and Friday. Was dubious about his health and walking ability on that hilly course. He was a bit gimpy like some of the 60-70 year old's I often play with, but clearly his golf skills haven't diminished.

Scheffler is on quite a roll, rocketing to world #1 with three wins in recent months. But Augusta National can play tricks on the mind and still has 36 holes to navigate.

As for ESPN+, it is the only subscription service that I have (no Netflix/Apple+/Hulu, etc.).  While I'm feeding the Disney mouse, the ESPN+ package provides tons of college basketball/baseball and the PGA tour that is unavailable elsewhere.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2022, 11:03:00 AM »
Had the ESPN+ (more on that in a minute) feed on my laptop and glanced over out of curiosity on occasion Thursday and Friday. Was dubious about his health and walking ability on that hilly course. He was a bit gimpy like some of the 60-70 year old's I often play with, but clearly his golf skills haven't diminished.

Scheffler is on quite a roll, rocketing to world #1 with three wins in recent months. But Augusta National can play tricks on the mind and still has 36 holes to navigate.

As for ESPN+, it is the only subscription service that I have (no Netflix/Apple+/Hulu, etc.).  While I'm feeding the Disney mouse, the ESPN+ package provides tons of college basketball/baseball and the PGA tour that is unavailable elsewhere.

The days of a cadre of great golfers that EVERYONE knew like Palmer, Hogan, Ballasteros, Norman, etc. are gone forever. Woods was the last one. For the last 5 or 10 years it has been a bunch of faceless names.

The same is true in tennis.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2022, 11:36:50 AM »
Makes me think of the original version of Rollerball from back in the seventies. "No man is bigger than the game."
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2022, 07:41:42 PM »
Makes me think of the original version of Rollerball from back in the seventies. "No man is bigger than the game."
Except James Caan.  He was a badass.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.