Interests > All Things Edible (and how to prepare them)

What can you do with vegitable soup? How to mix it up?

(1/4) > >>

Mr Mannn:
I am a big fan of mixing up things.
I can take a can of chili, a single serving of rice and 4 ounces of shredded cheese...mix them up and you have a hearty meal.

same with Raman. I use two packages, both flavor pouches, a pound of hamburger, and more shredded cheese and again you have a great meal (some of the cheese melts and thickens the broth. GREAT!)

OK so now I am looking at vegetable soup. I have both cans of soup and dried veggie soup.
what would you mix that up with?
I have rice, lentils, beans and a lot of meats, chicken ham, beef.

add beef and potatoes for a stew...What would thicken the broth? Never made stew. could this be a base for a casserole?

Normally I am inventive, but I am at a loss here.

thundley4:
There doesn't seem to be many recipe ideas for vegetable soup other than just adding beef or chicken to it.  There are tons of recipes for "cream of ?????" soups.

Drafe Hoblin:
Add some toasted-oat cereal to it.  Immediately absorbs the broth.  Gives the illusion of being thick.

ExGeeEye:
My question is, how do you get shredded cheese from turning into a glob of mess that coats your utensils and mucks up your cookware and lends not a lot of flavor to the soup?

Mr Mannn:

--- Quote from: ExGeeEye on November 13, 2021, 10:04:53 AM ---My question is, how do you get shredded cheese from turning into a glob of mess that coats your utensils and mucks up your cookware and lends not a lot of flavor to the soup?

--- End quote ---

It works with Ramen. 4 OZ of cheese. Half melts and thickens the broth, the other half is scattered evenly throughout the ramen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version