Author Topic: Military board recommends discharge for Lt. Dan "Boy Toy" Choi  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Airwolf

Re: Military board recommends discharge for Lt. Dan "Boy Toy" Choi
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2009, 10:06:06 AM »

Ummm no.  All because someone decided to break army regulations to make a personal statement and draw attention to himself.

Yeah those regulations are always so confusing to those that decide to violate them anyway.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2009, 10:13:46 AM »
The military is not supposed to be a social club or a dating scene
Um-m-m...yeah...well...

Able-bodied males and females thrown together in isolated circumstances for extended periods of time.

Stuff happens...a lot.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2009, 10:23:16 AM »
Um-m-m...yeah...well...

Able-bodied males and females thrown together in isolated circumstances for extended periods of time.

Stuff happens...a lot.

I guess with women on subs we can expect more collisions and such

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2009, 10:53:47 AM »
Why do I care if military personals are gay. They are there to serve and fight.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2009, 11:03:56 AM »
Why do I care if military personals are gay. They are there to serve and fight.

It's not quite that simple, Ptarmy.

Forget the gays and lesbos just for a second. What about the heteros who are on board a cramped submarine, who are billeted in a warehouse, and who know that Sailor A and Soldier B are polesmokers? What does that do for readiness? And for the mission?

Those kinds of things are distracters. And they're completely unnecessary.

When you remove the gay variable completely from the equation, you have only an issue when it slaps you in the face. Then, as commander, you're compelled to deal with it.

Not until.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2009, 01:40:58 PM »
Quite honestly, the co-ed military distracts from the mission from time to time. Being in the Aviation component of the Navy, I've always had women around me. Some chased Officers, some screwed just about anybody, and some were just normal Sailors. I even had a couple of lesbians work for me in one squadron and some bi-sexual women in another squadron. I honestly didn't care about their sexual orientation, but their military orientation. They were dirt bags, to put it bluntly. I've also worked alongside closet gays. As long as folks do their job, I don't give a rat's ass.

The archaic reason (perhaps historical) is because homosexuals were usually in the closet and therefore, more subject to blackmail & violating security in order to keep their secret. All in all, they were a security risk. I don't really see that in today's military. John Walker and his ilk violated some serious security and they weren't gay. I'd like to kick John Walker in the ass because he compromised some of the gear I used to work with. His evil deeds made more work for the crypto folks and cost the military a LOT of $$$$
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2009, 01:51:23 PM »
didn't we have ships at the start of the gulf war that couldn't deploy because so many of the woman were "suddenly" pregnant?

(*longest build up to war in modern history, or "rushed to war" for a DUmmie)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »
Correct, but history has shown that the military very much has been a social experiment - chiefly by "progressive" CIC's like Truman and The Incompetent One. In some cases, the military has served as guinea pigs for scientific experiments as well.

Clinton and his Femi-Nazi loaded DACOWITS panel did the most damage.

Moved females into every combat area short of actually giving them a blue cord.  Put them on the carriers and tried to put them on the subs.

I shudder to think what Obama has in store for us when he turns his gaze fully towards the armed forces.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn