Author Topic: On seeing the bloodbath forest for the bloodbath trees  (Read 399 times)

Offline CC27

On seeing the bloodbath forest for the bloodbath trees
« on: March 17, 2024, 11:18:20 AM »
EarlG
I just watched the "bloodbath" video. Having originally been led to believe that Trump said that he would cause a bloodbath if he wasn't re-elected, after watching the video it's clear he's talking about the auto industry. He's quite incoherent as usual, but that's the context.

And in fact, that's how Trump typically operates -- he constantly uses violent imagery and then claims that he meant something else. You know, like on January 6 when he told his crowd of supporters, "You'll never take back our country with weakness," and, "If you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore." Gosh, he was just being metaphorical!

With each statement taken individually, you could make the context argument every time. But when you look at the bigger picture, there's an obvious pattern:

September 2022: Trump Continues to Escalate His Dangerous Incitement

March 2023: Squeezed by investigations, Trump escalates violent rhetoric

March 2023: Trump warns of 'potential death and destruction' if he's charged in hush money probe

June 2023: 'Vermin:' Donald Trump is escalating his rhetoric into extreme territory

October 2023: Trump’s escalating violent rhetoric is straight out of the autocrat’s playbook

March 2024: Trump escalates his immigration rhetoric with baseless claim about Biden trying to overthrow the US

That's the OTHER context -- Trump's ongoing and consistent escalation of violent language and imagery. Those stories are all post-January 6 by the way.

I think it's completely fair to point out that yesterday's "bloodbath" remarks were made in the context of the auto industry. But it's also fair to point out that his remarks are part of a much larger context -- an ongoing and increasing use of violent rhetoric and the deliberate choice to use "bloody" language, creating a disturbing whole that is much bigger than the sum of its parts.

His supporters aren't listening to individual context, they're listening to a man who is slowly but steadily grooming them to believe that the only way to save America will be through mass acts of violence and bloodshed against other Americans.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218785462

Blah blah blah word salad

Offline Delmar

Re: On seeing the bloodbath forest for the bloodbath trees
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 11:40:16 AM »
His supporters aren't listening to individual context, they're listening to a man who is slowly but steadily grooming them to believe that the only way to save America will be through mass acts of violence and bloodshed against other Americans.

The Dummy has it exactly backwards.  Trump supporters are listening to his words in context.

It's the leftists who are always looking for some tiny soundbite that they can seize on, take out of context, and flood the airwaves with in hopes of smearing the man.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Online CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 12:03:34 PM »
The Dummy has it exactly backwards.  Trump supporters are listening to his words in context.

It's the leftists who are always looking for some tiny soundbite that they can seize on, take out of context, and flood the airwaves with in hopes of smearing the man.

Proving once again, that Ronald Reagan was spot on when he said:

"The problem with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so." - Ronald Reagan
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2024, 12:04:43 PM »
Up yours earl g it’s the loony bin over there nothing but hate hate, and more hate

And PS No one in their right mind, gives a shit what you or any other of those wackos at that form have to think or say.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 01:06:37 PM by Old n Grumpy »
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2024, 01:09:17 PM »
EarlG
I just watched the "bloodbath" video. Having originally been led to believe that Trump said that he would cause a bloodbath if he wasn't re-elected, after watching the video it's clear he's talking about the auto industry. He's quite incoherent as usual, but that's the context.

And in fact, that's how Trump typically operates -- he constantly uses violent imagery and then claims that he meant something else. You know, like on January 6 when he told his crowd of supporters, "You'll never take back our country with weakness," and, "If you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore." Gosh, he was just being metaphorical!

1. In real life, the MSM and Dems (repetitive and redundant, I know) have ripped things Trump says and represented as literal his obvious metaphoric language to lie about Trump since 2015. As Reb Tevye might say, It's a tradition! So it is no surprise that the MSM/Dem are lying about "bloodbath".

2. EarlG has noticed that this particular lie is grossly obvious and is trying to reduce the number of DU-folk getting made fools for trying to spread this grossly obvious lie. DU-folk are going, "Fake but true," in response.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 09:16:38 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2024, 08:02:17 AM »
Yep, he’s trying to lay cover down while not upsetting the donations he gets from the whackos. Given his past statements, donations are tight so he’s gonna have to walk a fine line to keep what little money he has flowing in.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2024, 11:54:20 AM »
CSPAN has a video of the speech in which Trump spoke of a "bloodbath", https://www.c-span.org/video/?534259-1/president-trump-campaigns-bernie-moreno . It's an hour and 35 minutes long, but the relevant context is 34:00 - 35:00 . Trump is clearly speaking of an economic "bloodbath", not literal violence and bloodshed.

I'll give EarlG a full two kudos for wading through that speech to find the context of the word "bloodbath", the honesty to realize the MSM are misrepresenting Trump totally, and the honesty and courage to post that unpleasant truth on DU. But only two kudos because of the Trump-Hate with which he sugar-coated that unpleasant-to-Prog-ears truth.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2024, 08:52:12 AM »
Here are six videos of Democrats calling for violence or physical confrontations that are still active on Twitter

Little old, and focused on threats that didn't get banned on old Twitter, but just shows libs firmly believe rules don't apply to them, don't recall their own transgressions, and are just plain old hypocrites. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2024, 04:55:48 PM »

Don't forget, the Left are also the ones who are pushing their fellow leftists to believe that the only way to "Save" America is through rioting, lawlessness, and mass violence and bloodshed against fellow Americans.
Remember their "Mostly peaceful" protests?