Author Topic: The Greatest Disgrace of The Bush Presidency Is Us  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
The Greatest Disgrace of The Bush Presidency Is Us
« on: March 09, 2008, 12:35:24 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2978313

ThomWV  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Mar-09-08 07:31 AM
Original message
The Greatest Disgrace of The Bush Presidency Is Us

We let him stay in office long after it was clear that he was a lawbreaker and would not hold to his obligation to protect and abide by the Constitution. We had, and have, an obligation to remove him from office and we have not and likely will not fulfill it. We have failed miserably, we haven't even made a serious attempt. There is no one to blame for the lawlessness that is our nation today but ourselves.

Refresh | 3 Recommendations    Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

Doug.Goodall  (12 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Mar-09-08 07:33 AM
Response to Original message
1. Well let's do what we can now to set it right - VOTE FOR A DEMOCRAT!

Obama will change the government back to the progressive-liberal position is should be in.
   Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

ThomWV  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Mar-09-08 07:37 AM
Response to Reply #1
2. If you think that the next President will undo what Bush has done you are mistaken

All the power Bush has given to the Presidency will remain, and be misused just as he has misused it, and it won't make a single bit of difference what party the next Constitutional abuser belongs to.
:whatever:

Golden Raisin  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Mar-09-08 08:55 AM
Response to Reply #4
15. Yes! Short of carrying a pail of tar and

a bag of feathers to the White House lawn, what more are we supposed to have done? Our votes in the booth are negated either by Republicans manipulating or outright stealing elections, or our own Party worthies doing shit (thank you particularly Madame Pelosi). Hillary Clinton happens to be my Senator. I sent an email to her which was never answered (not even the courtesy of one of those robotic, auto-replies, "So-sorry-but-the-Senator-can't-possibly-answer-every-email"). Dead silence. Zero response. Should I have personally gone to her office hand-carrying petitions or pitchforks and torches? I sent an email begging Schumer (my other Senator) not to confirm Mukasey. We all know how that turned out. After almost 60 years I no longer believe that phoning or writing our elected representatives means shit, or accomplishes anything. They just ignore us and do whatever the hell they want --- exactly what Bush has done for the last 7 years.
:tinfoil2: :tinfoil2:

KharmaTrain  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Mar-09-08 07:58 AM
Response to Original message
9. "We" Will Be A Disgrace If We Forget...

I never hestitate to tell those who still admit they voted for his assholiness they have blood on their hands, and I sure as hell won't let them wipe it off on me.

The saving grace is it took many of our worst nightmares to be realized to wake up Democrats and this country...and to expose repugnican lies and deceptions for what they were. In essence, the village had to be burnt down to "save it"...and that's where we must never forget what's happened, whose responsible and demand accountability.

It'll be a disgrace if we let these crooks get away with their pillage and not demand those who broke laws, trampled on the Constitution and ruined this country must be exposed, investigated and brought to justice. Our "long national nightmare" won't be over until a the war criminals are prosecuted, the profiteers as well and the crimes of this regime are opened up to the country, the world and history.

Cheers....
Bush has not broken any laws. None of the hague bullshit is going to happen. But keep dreaming DUmbasses.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Lord Undies

Re: The Greatest Disgrace of The Bush Presidency Is Us
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 01:03:57 PM »
All the President has done, especially in the last year, is protect himself from congress, which wants to be both the legislative and executive branch.  That the President didn't lay down and let his enemies in congress roll right over him is his only "crime".  I have said for some time now, it isn't the White House which is "out of control".  It's the House and the Senate. 

History knows this president has not broken one new ground by anything he has done.  Clinton, etc., -all presidents- must fight to hold on to the powers granted them by the constitution.  It only bothers folks when a Republican is doing it. 

The facts are, if President Bush is guilty of any lawlessness, then all presidents are guilty.  We either go after all the living ones and settle this once and for all, or get the hell off our President's back.  There is nothing new.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 01:09:25 PM »
We let him stay in office long after it was clear that he was a lawbreaker and would not hold to his obligation to protect and abide by the Constitution.

The words "abide by" do not appear anywhere in the presidential oath of office and there is a reason for that:

Quote from: Federalist Paper #23
The authorities essential to the common defense are these: to raise armies; to build and equip fleets; to prescribe rules for the government of both; to direct their operations; to provide for their support. These powers ought to exist without limitation, BECAUSE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FORESEE OR DEFINE THE EXTENT AND VARIETY OF NATIONAL EXIGENCIES, OR THE CORRESPONDENT EXTENT AND VARIETY OF THE MEANS WHICH MAY BE NECESSARY TO SATISFY THEM. The circumstances that endanger the safety of nations are infinite, and for this reason no constitutional shackles can wisely be imposed on the power to which the care of it is committed.

Caps, original; bolded text, mine.

Children should not play in the places reserved for adults.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 08:04:14 PM »
The biggest discrace in the Bush Presidency one might say is in not stopping all of you America haters from posting some of the most insane bullshit to ever come down the pike. Its bad enough when the print media stoops as low as they do but you jackholes are in dire need of Thorazine and a padded room.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 08:58:01 PM »
What ThomWV means by "we have failed miserably" is that there is absolutely nothing that Bush has done to warrant being impeached.

Note to DUmmie: You look even DUMBER when you say something this stupid, and this is why you are the brunt of our jokes.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama