Author Topic: Does the U.S. Military hate Jesus Christ?  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
Does the U.S. Military hate Jesus Christ?
« on: March 09, 2008, 12:21:55 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2978898

higher class  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Mar-09-08 11:46 AM
Original message

Advertisements [?]
I thought I knew about our darkest hour by following the torture of Moslems in U.S. prisons. I read plenty of threads in DU and followed through to the linked articles. I told myself I was not going to turn away, that I had to know what my country was doing..

I just saw Taxi to the Dark Side. There is a constant, recurring image that is not possible to pick up by looking at still photos. It is the image that some in our military, contractors, FBI, CIA, especially our brass arranged. The image of Christ on the cross – arms extended up with a nearly collapsed torso and legs failing.

I can no longer look at a crucifix without associating it with what we have done because we wanted to remove able bodied Moslems from the streets and imprison some of them for the rest of their lives.

I have always been offended by Americans who boast about our superiority over the rest of the people on this earth. Some of them boasted physically, mentally, spiritually, psychologically, pathologically, criminally and by ordering and permitting it.

We are an inferior nation because only an infitisimal number of people in this country are talking about it, talking against it, doing anything in a targeted way.

Our country is obsessed with control and brutality. The prisons are waiting.

Refresh | 0 Recommendations    Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

melody  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Mar-09-08 12:02 PM
Response to Original message
1. We aren't an "inferior nation" and we aren't "obsessed"

We're 300 million individuals many of whom are very compassionate.

There are no inferior or superior nations or people. We're all just human. We screw up equally but in different ways.
   Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

OwnedByFerrets  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Mar-09-08 12:12 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. We might not be "inferior"

but we damn sure aint nothing to be proud of....country or citizenry.
Then move idiot.

melody  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Mar-09-08 12:13 PM
Response to Reply #3
4. No country or group of people is anything to be proud of

Edited on Sun Mar-09-08 12:14 PM by melody
Primates in packs are monstrous.

ixion  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Mar-09-08 12:14 PM
Response to Reply #2
5. most xians don't know the first thing about Jesus and his teachings... or they don't care

if they did, they'd behave in a much different manner.

ThomWV  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Mar-09-08 12:16 PM
6. Strange isn't it, that the Air Force Academy seems to be run by born-agains?

From all - and I do mean all - reports the Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs has become just one great Christian revival camp with General-wannabes vieing for chief evangelical.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 12:31:53 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2978898

higher class  (1000+ posts)       Sun Mar-09-08 11:46 AM
Original message
   Advertisements [?]

I thought I knew about our darkest hour by following the torture of Moslems in U.S. prisons. I read plenty of threads in DU and followed through to the linked articles. I told myself I was not going to turn away, that I had to know what my country was doing..

I just saw Taxi to the Dark Side. There is a constant, recurring image that is not possible to pick up by looking at still photos. It is the image that some in our military, contractors, FBI, CIA, especially our brass arranged. The image of Christ on the cross – arms extended up with a nearly collapsed torso and legs failing.

I can no longer look at a crucifix without associating it with what we have done because we wanted to remove able bodied Moslems from the streets and imprison some of them for the rest of their lives.

I have always been offended by Americans who boast about our superiority over the rest of the people on this earth. Some of them boasted physically, mentally, spiritually, psychologically, pathologically, criminally and by ordering and permitting it.

We are an inferior nation because only an infitisimal number of people in this country are talking about it, talking against it, doing anything in a targeted way.

Our country is obsessed with control and brutality. The prisons are waiting.

No we are not,that is only in your warped and twisted mind.  :bird:

OwnedByFerrets (1000+ posts)        Sun Mar-09-08 12:12 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. We might not be "inferior"
   but we damn sure aint nothing to be proud of....country or citizenry.

Find someplace better or that you like better,no one is stopping you. :censored:

ixion  (1000+ posts)         Sun Mar-09-08 12:14 PM
Response to Reply #2
5. most xians don't know the first thing about Jesus and his teachings... or they don't care

Since you are from a bunch who mock every spiritual teaching He had and from one that can`t bring themselves to say Christian I care little about how you wish to use Him for political purposes.
When you wish to talk about His work on the cross and what that means to sinful man I will discuss His teachings regarding earthly conducts.
ThomWV  (1000+ posts)        Sun Mar-09-08 12:16 PM
6. Strange isn't it, that the Air Force Academy seems to be run by born-agains?
   From all - and I do mean all - reports the Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs has become just one great Christian revival camp with General-wannabes vieing for chief evangelical.

And if true that would be a problem how?

SpiralHawk  (1000+ posts)       Sun Mar-09-08 12:07 PM
2. What would Jesus do?
   Somehow, I think his own personal EXPERIENCE might incline him against heinous, amoral, inhumane and "anti-Christian" torture. Not that republicon homelander give a damn what Christ really taught...

I suspect He would have a word or two about islam that claims Him as a prophet.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Does the U.S. Military hate Jesus Christ?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 12:34:52 PM »
ixion  (1000+ posts)         Sun Mar-09-08 12:14 PM
Response to Reply #2

Yeah people who study the bible really have no clue what Jesus taught.  :whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline djones520

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 12:37:18 PM »
So did the OP make any sense to anyone else?  Cause it most certainly baffled the hell out of me.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 12:43:37 PM »
So did the OP make any sense to anyone else?  Cause it most certainly baffled the hell out of me.

I'll sum it up for you.

* is bad and the military sucks.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 12:45:49 PM »

Oh,now you want something like THAT. ::)

:lmao:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 01:05:46 PM »
TOPICS MERGED
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 02:48:20 PM »
higher class  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Mar-09-08 11:46 AM
Original message

Idiot.  :mental:

PSALM:23

The Lord is my ashepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
Yea, though I awalk through the bvalley of the cshadow of ddeath, I will fear no eevil:
For thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they fcomfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou aanointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely agoodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

I read that every day while I was in Iraq.  Gave me strength to get through some very trying days.

We don't hate Jesus or God in the military you obtuse jackass...we lean on him heavily to get us through strife and uncertainty.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn