Author Topic: By Vetoing the torture ban BUSH just opened the door for our own soldiers to be  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
greenbriar  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Mar-08-08 09:58 PM
Original message
By Vetoing the torture ban BUSH just opened the door for our own soldiers to be treated horribly

way to go president chucklenuts

dumb SOB

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2977520

Is the Plagiarizing Primitive really this stupid?

:banghead:

Vincardog  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Mar-08-08 10:00 PM
Response to Original message
1. KKKmanderBunnyPants opened the way for our solders and sailers to be mistreated

a LONG time before today.

yeah because before * was in office the muslim extremists treated captives so great.  :whatever:

deadmessengers  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Mar-08-08 10:03 PM
2. There are lots of reasons to hate this move...

...but that ain't one of them. The people who would torture one of our soldiers wouldn't be deterred by the fact that their side's POWs wouldn't be tortured by us. They're going to do it anyway.

To put it another way: For what you're saying to be true, you would have to believe that "This soldier's country doesn't torture POWs, so we shouldn't torture him to gain the information we need." would be in the thought process of someone who captured an American soldier.

Exactly

vickiss  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Mar-08-08 11:22 PM
4. It's only torture when others do it. n/t

If you numbnuts had made a big stink when they sawed off Nick Berg's head then, perhaps we would consider your feelings on this topic but like always you totally ignore what they have done to us and only focus on the poor "freedom fighters" having to experience some discomfort.  :whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
greenbriar  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Mar-08-08 09:58 PM
Original message
By Vetoing the torture ban BUSH just opened the door for our own soldiers to be treated horribly

way to go president chucklenuts

dumb SOB

Do you seriously think the terrorist ever treated captives nicely?
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Airwolf

Well I'm sure that we can start a very long list of the names of all the people that the Islamic asshats terrorist treated fairly and humanely under the Geneva Conventions and the Rules of Land Warfare. But since we would seriously have little time for that less dwell on the ones they have yet to treat humanely and fairly.

Nick Berg - Beheaded with a bayonet

The three civilian contractors that were captured at the start of the invasion - Tortured and burned then left hanging from a bridge in Iraq.

(Let me know when any of this gets close to how the sorry SOB's in Gitmo are being treated)

The crews of the UH-60 Blackhawks in Somalia during the now very famous Blackhawk Down incident were killed ,drug through the streets on TV and set on fire.

3,000 people killed in one day by having airliners used like cruise missiles to destroy the World Trade Center,The Pentagon and who knows where else. All of the dead were burned alive,died from jumping from windows from multiple stories up,crushed to death or died from asphyxiation or died from the impact of their airliner crashing into the ground at over 600 miles an hour.

Bombing a train station in Madrid, Spain - Cause of death was by explosive force

London England - Subway system bombed same results as in Madrid, Spain

Scotland Airport - Suicide bomber drives SUV into the main terminal with the hope that the result would be the same as what has already happened to our on military when they meet an IED or a suicide bomber.

I'm sorry but I seem to have lost my give a **** about the feelings of terrorist when it comes to waterboarding or any other method of getting them to talk because it is sure as shit seem they don't mind murdering people for their cause. I wonder just how aw full those poor misguided terrorist must feel every time their crimes are put out for all the world to see
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
angrycarpenter  (938 posts)         Sat Mar-08-08 09:27 PM
3. It is just the sort of thing
   that seems to prove to the terrorists we are evil. Never mind your feelings on torture, to say to the world that he, as president, will allow torture even when his own citizens say no. It makes us look no more civilized than Iraq itself.

Our next president needs to order that a sign be put up in all government offices that reads,"Remember we are supposed to be the good guys".

You just moved a lot higher on the "dumbest pieces of shit" list.

Terrorists are terrorists because they seek to impose or proclaim their political will on others by means of unconventional attacks that seek to kill innocents.
They will not be dissuaded from their mission by us being "nice".

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
greenbriar  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Mar-08-08 09:58 PM
Original message

So I guess you've been asleep for the lst 5 years as to what condition the bodies of missing soldiers in Iraq are found and why it takes 24 hours sometimes get to the body of a missing soldier when it's found.

This argument the DUmmies keep coming back to is as weak as their spine.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline jukin

NEWS FLASH (1982) THEY DO.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Well I'm sure that we can start a very long list of the names of all the people that the Islamic asshats terrorist treated fairly and humanely under the Geneva Conventions and the Rules of Land Warfare. But since we would seriously have little time for that less dwell on the ones they have yet to treat humanely and fairly.

The three civilian contractors that were captured at the start of the invasion - Tortured and burned then left hanging from a bridge in Iraq.

(Let me know when any of this gets close to how the sorry SOB's in Gitmo are being treated)

The crews of the UH-60 Blackhawks in Somalia during the now very famous Blackhawk Down incident were killed ,drug through the streets on TV and set on fire.

3,000 people killed in one day by having airliners used like cruise missiles to destroy the World Trade Center,The Pentagon and who knows where else. All of the dead were burned alive,died from jumping from windows from multiple stories up,crushed to death or died from asphyxiation or died from the impact of their airliner crashing into the ground at over 600 miles an hour.

Bombing a train station in Madrid, Spain - Cause of death was by explosive force

Scotland Airport - Suicide bomber drives SUV into the main terminal with the hope that the result would be the same as what has already happened to our on military when they meet an IED or a suicide bomber.

I'm sorry but I seem to have lost my give a **** about the feelings of terrorist when it comes to waterboarding or any other method of getting them to talk because it is sure as shit seem they don't mind murdering people for their cause. I wonder just how aw full those poor misguided terrorist must feel every time their crimes are put out for all the world to see

Don't forget Daniel Pearl.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Airwolf

Don't forget Daniel Pearl.

Yes I did  and I apologize to his memory for it.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Ya know...

...just the other day I was thinking about the good chance I have of getting deployed next year and thinking to myself that if I were captured that at least al Qaeda adhered to the Geneva Conventions and that I would be properly accorded the privileges due me as a medic under the POW protocols.

Now that silly ol' Bush has gone and ruined all that for me.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Ya know...

...just the other day I was thinking about the good chance I have of getting deployed next year and thinking to myself that if I were captured that at least al Qaeda adhered to the Geneva Conventions and that I would be properly accorded the privileges due me as a medic under the POW protocols.

Now that silly ol' Bush has gone and ruined all that for me.

My BIL is going to Iraq in October.  My sister isn't terribly happy; with three daughters (the youngest is three weeks older than my daughter), but she'll survive.  She has before.  I'm certain that the terrorists would adhere to said protocols.  :loser: :whatever:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jukin

Were all the DUmmy dropped on their heads when they were babies or is it the second hand pot smoke when they were children?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Were all the DUmmy dropped on their heads when they were babies or is it the second hand pot smoke when they were children?

It's a combination of both actually.  Mixed with their constant pot smoking in adult life.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Holy hell.................what ****ing morans.

Let's try it this way....................

Al Queda is facing strong sentiment from using beheadings as a form of torture/propaganda that they have just learned that this act has been turned against three of their ranks in Gitmo.  Kalid Sheikh Mohammed, the person who cut off the head of reporter Daniel Pearl was recently waterboarded.

Al Queda along with a majority of American Democrats and Democratic Underground encompassing the kooky liberals are outraged that such a horrible form of torture was dine to a freedom fighter who is only trying to fight * and his imperialistic cabal.

They are outraged over the mental anguish that this detainee has suffered due to waterboarding......................

WHERE THE **** WAS THEIR ANGER WHEN DANIEL PEARL WAS BEHEADED??
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.