Author Topic: I just cannot read another word about W. Is there some astrological reason  (Read 1378 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Callie McAllie  (112 posts)     Mon Mar-03-08 12:13 PM
Original message
I just cannot read another word about W. Is there some astrological reason
 why people in this country are not up in arms? We should be rioting in the streets in protest. We should be storming the Bastille (or the White House).

Even the few demonstrations I've attended have always felt quite lame and passive.

I've been thinking all along that people are just distracted by the media, by American Idol, for example, or that once they voice their concerns on the internet they no longer feel the need to do anything more. Or that they just don't think they can change anything so they don't bother. As a country, it feels like we are more passive than cows.

But perhaps there's some kind of astrological influence here that keeps us from going all impeachment on his ass? If anyone has some insight, please share.

ayeshahaqqiqa  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-03-08 12:27 PM
Response to Original message
2. It is almost as if there is some sort of psychic shield
 surrounding protests, so that the energy from them cannot break out and change things around. For this reason, I've been doing a lot of inner work. Perhaps that is the way to change things--it's worth a try, at least.
I Have A Dream  (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-03-08 12:36 PM
Response to Reply #2
3. I know that this is going to sound weird but...
 I've been thinking that there might be some kind of subliminal message being broadcast on networks like Fox News and certain television shows. I can't think of any other reason that people aren't screaming about the way things currently are. If a Democrat were president, I truly feel that the masses would be screaming for his/her head. (Of course, hate radio would be getting them all riled up so that it happens.)
Dreamy  (155 posts)      Mon Mar-03-08 02:53 PM
Response to Reply #4
8. I have felt this to
 Edited on Mon Mar-03-08 02:54 PM by Dreamy
but not just with cable. I remember when the war started. I was always against it and thought that the whole reasoning was a sham but notice when I watch the news and heard bush talk I would get this feeling that everything was alright. I knew that was not at all the way I felt about it. So, I stopped watching the news that often and boycotting anything concerning bush.
itsjustme  (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-03-08 02:37 PM
Response to Reply #3
6. cable
 Well, I have a Radionics workbook and tape by a woman named Caroline Conner. She and other people feel that there is a crystal in the satellites that broadcast cable, and that those crystals are programmed to hypnotize us (or something like that?) She is certainly accurate on some things, but I have to wonder about this. Maybe it is just that the media is all owned by huge corporate interests.

I watch cable. I hate supporting Comcast, but, oh, well, I don't feel hypnotized.

Who knows?

Oh, when she was asked "who" was doing this (on the tape) she just answered "You don't wnat to know."
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=245x65068#65072

This is a long thread, worth a look. Especially for those of you working on the Fox News Crystal Project.   :-)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
I went over there to read it..

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Glad to see the VRWC Psychic Shield Anti-protest technology is working so well. Nice job, guys. You've earned those raises.  :-)
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Happy Fun Ball

Hey, DUmmies. Hear that? That's the sound of all the stars and planets laughing at you.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Hey, DUmmies. Hear that? That's the sound of all the stars and planets laughing at you.

Deteriorata
(National Lampoon)

(You are a fluke of the universe.
You have no right to be here.
Deteriorata, Deteriorata)

Go placidly amidst the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof. Avoid quiet and passive persons, unless you are in need of sleep. Rotate your tires. Speak glowingly of those greater than yourself; and heed well their advice, even though they be turkeys. Know what to kiss - and when. Consider that two wrongs never make a right, but that three do. Wherever possible, put people on hold. Be comforted, that in the face of all irridity and disillusionment, and despite the changing fortunes of time, there is always a big future in computer maintenance.

Whether you can hear it or not,
The universe is laughing behind your back.)

Remember the Pueblo. Strive at all times to bend, fold, spindle, and mutilate. Know yourself. If you need help, call the FBI. Exercise caution in your daily affairs, especially with those persons closest to you... That lemon on your left, for instance. Be assured that a walk through the seas of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet. Fall not in love, therefore, it will stick to your face. Gracefully surrender the things of youth: the birds, clean air, tuna, Taiwan - and let not the sands of time get in your lunch. Hire people with hooks. For a good time, call 606-4311, ask for Ken. Take heart in the deepening gloom that your dog is finally getting enough cheese. And reflect that whatever misfortune may be your lot, it could only be worse in Milwaukee.

Therefore, make peace with your god, whatever you perceive him to be: hairy thunderer or cosmic muffin. With all its hopes, dreams, promises, and urban renewal, the world continues to deteriorate.

GIVE UP!

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jukin

No but there is a proctological reason: your head is up your ass.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
No but there is a proctological reason: your head is up your ass.

I called it, "Sympathetic Cranial Rectalitis" many years ago.  It's defined as, "Having your head up your ass and loving the view (the "sympathetic" part)."
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.