Author Topic: "OK You were right". A freep type said that to me today. (Bouncy)  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2973746

Bluzmann57  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-07-08 08:10 PM
Original message
"OK You were right". A freep type said that to me today.

Advertisements [?]
This is a guy I work with and it has been very rare when we agree on anything political. I have worked for this employer since 1999 and Ever since the stolen elexction of 200, which I was very vocal about, This guy and I have argued, er, discussed politics and as earlier stated, rarely agree on anything. But today, him and I were working together on a job and out of the blue he said, "You were right all along about bush. This guy sucks". I was somewhat taken aback, but managed to say, "Thanks". I asked him why, and he replied , "The ****ing Chinese are taking our country over, taxes are not down, milk is almost $4.00 a gallon, gas is almost $4.00 a gallon too, and the war in Iraq isn't right". The war comment was the one that really got me, because this guy is gung ho about the military. Now he is not a chicken hawk as he was in the service, although he saw no combat. But he was as blind as most of the rest of the neocons about Iraq. I had to fight back the urge to say, "I told you so" but boy did I want to. I also did not ask him who he intended to vote for this time. But no matter, it was good to see someone else come out of the darkness and at least partially see the light, even though it's too late to change his votes in the last two presidential elections. Hopefully he either won't vote this time, or vote for Obama/Clinton, whomever our nominee is.

Refresh | 6 Recommendations    Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
2 bongs.

lligrd  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-07-08 08:13 PM
Response to Original message
1. Better Way Friggen Late Than Never

Some People really do need to be hit over the head before they acknowledge their mistakes.

Wonder when Hillary will admit hers?
   Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

Yael  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-07-08 08:16 PM
2. Thanks for the story!

It is amazing what happens when people start paying attention and realize that they have been lied to all of their lives.

I am a walking example.

You were right for not saying "I told you so" -- keep that for the next conversation :D when you are kidding him about it.

Thanks for sharing!!

InAbLuEsTaTe  (403 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-07-08 08:32 PM
3. Thanks for that. I'm so worried that '08 is going to be a repeat thanks to Hillary.

bunkerbuster1  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-07-08 08:46 PM
8. He's said what a lot of people are still too timid to come out and admit.

Good on him, whatever his decision about the '08 election.

spooky3  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-07-08 09:26 PM
13. I love stories like this. Thanks!

Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: "OK You were right". A freep type said that to me today. (Bouncy)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 08:43:13 PM »
I really need to stop looking at these threads, because this:

Bluzmann57  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-07-08 08:10 PM
Original message
"OK You were right". A freep type said that to me today.

...is as far as I made it before I stopped reading.  :jerkit:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 08:46:34 PM »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 09:00:41 PM »
Oh FFS.

Where's that "not this shit again?" graphic? :banghead:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 09:07:33 PM »
Oh FFS.

Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 02:56:28 AM »
Oh FFS.

That's the one. Thanks. :-)
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 06:33:23 AM »
Hopefully he either won't vote this time,

Yet they scream about every vote counting. :whatever:

Unless you are a Florida or Michigan dem that is. :-)

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 08:17:49 AM »
1/3 bong.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 08:35:51 AM »
I'm calling BS.

How would any freeper worth his weight in salt blame ANY president for the price of milk barring a tax that effected the production and/or sale of milk?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:20:40 PM by Mr Snuggle Bunny »
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 08:49:13 AM »
Hopefully he either won't vote this time,

Yet they scream about every vote counting. :whatever:

Unless you are a Florida or Michigan dem that is. :-)

Or a dem in general, as the Demoncrat "super delegates" will name the party's nominee--to hell with the electorate.  :hammer:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies