Author Topic: Oscar Wilde wants to do some construction  (Read 862 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Oscar Wilde wants to do some construction
« on: March 07, 2008, 01:31:27 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2967791

I dunno.

Sounds like a "make-work" thing to me.

Cyrano (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-06-08 02:37 PM
Original message

Let’s build a courthouse at ground zero to try the Bush Admin., their allies and enablers. 

Throw out all the unproven and unprovable LIHOP and MIHOP theories and you’re still left with the most horrendous band of traitors in the history of our country.

Let’s face it. Had a group of people set out to destroy the United States, the only thing they could have done that hasn’t already been done by Bush & Co. is burn the entire country to the ground.

I don’t know what you call it when over 4,000 American troops come home in body bags from an unprovoked, undeclared war, but I call it murder.

I don’t know what you call it when unknown tens of thousands of Iraqis are dead because of this crime, but I call it murder.

I don’t know what you call countless dead bodies floating away in New Orleans because our government refused to do anything about it, but I call it murder.

I don’t know what you call the “profits” of so many companies that have cleaned up from Bush’s wars, but I call it war profiteering.

I don’t know what you call a president and vice president who have personally profited from war via The Carlyle Group, Halliburton, Blackwater, and so many others we’ll never know about, but I call it treason.

I don’t know what you call people who have put our grandchildren and great grandchildren in unimaginable debt, but I call it the biggest heist in history.

I don’t know what you call it when the majority of the Republican Party votes like lemmings to endorse these crimes, but I call it collaborating with the enemy.

So how about we really make ground zero in NY a memorable place. Let’s build a courthouse. And let’s bring each and every one of these people to trial, (even if they’ve already left office), and try them for war crimes and treason. And let’s make sure their corporate paymasters, and their propagandists, are sitting in the docket right next to them.

On edit: And let's do it before we get another Republican in the White House who decides to finish the job of shredding the Constitution.

You know, my new friend the large-proboscised primitive, comes across like a drama queen.

alyce douglas  (1000+ posts)     Thu Mar-06-08 02:42 PM
Response to Original message

1. how about adding the outing of CIA agent to your list.......their list of crimes just goes on and on.

rosesaylavee  (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-06-08 02:43 PM

2. Ok. I'm on board. Let's do it.

What's the first step?

Cyrano (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-06-08 03:15 PM
Response to Reply #2

4. A willing Democratic president and a vast Dem majority in congress.

rosesaylavee  (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-06-08 07:56 PM
Response to Reply #4

5. Only that?

Well, then, let's get ready then. I hope that vast majority in Congress aren't blue dogs and that whoever gets the nod for the nomination thinks justice needs to be served.

Warpy  (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-06-08 02:54 PM

3. I want the lot of them shipped to Baghdad for trial under the system they most offended, the Iraqi.

They finished ruining us financially and cost us nearly 6000 lives plus tens of thousands of wounded and psychologically damaged military personnel, but it's nothing compared to what they cost the Iraqis.

It's one of the ways we could begin to heal the damage they've done to this county internationally, especially in the Middle East.

madokie  (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-06-08 08:00 PM

6. Damned if I don't like that Idea better than any I've heard yet

just think after we get through with the bush/cheney crew there won't be a crook to be found anywhere in our government. They'll all be scared to even show their faces. Won't be able to enjoy all their ill gotten gains for the fear of being arrested at every turn they make. YES.

Hey a guy can dream can't he plus you never know it may come to that.

Cyrano (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-06-08 09:21 PM
Response to Reply #6

7. MLK had a dream. And this November, some it may just come to be.

I dunno.  I had a dream about the first Mormon president, but that didn't come to be.

madokie  (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-06-08 10:09 PM
Response to Reply #7

10. And I'll be helping that dream along

I've been looking forward to the day when we will have come full circle for most of my life. My great grand parents on my fathers side were slave owners where their son, my grand father fought with the union soldiers to free the slaves. Its a sense of much pride in my family.

annabanana  (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-06-08 09:23 PM

8. Sounds like a plan. . . . . .

Cyrano (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-06-08 09:27 PM
Response to Reply #8

9. Sounds like a dream. But sometimes, dreams do come true.

mithnanthy  (1000+ posts)      Fri Mar-07-08 07:59 AM
Response to Reply #9
11. I like this dream of yours.......

My similar dream ended with the culprits being dragged off to the Statue of Liberty to face their "punishment" for their crimes, from the top of Her crown....yes...we can dream.

WritersBlock  (1000+ posts)       Fri Mar-07-08 08:07 AM

12. Best idea I've heard all year.

lazyriver  (742 posts)      Fri Mar-07-08 02:20 PM

13. That would be the most fitting memorial I can imagine.

I dunno; I had high hopes for Oscar Wilde, but they aren't panning out; I recently decided to start auditioning other primitives who show promise.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Oscar Wilde wants to do some construction
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 06:09:47 PM »
They do like to hear themselves blather on over the same things day after day after day.  :whatever:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Oscar Wilde wants to do some construction
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 06:29:01 PM »
rosesaylavee  (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-06-08 02:43 PM

2. Ok. I'm on board. Let's do it.

What's the first step?

The first step is filling out a copy of Building Permit Authorization Request 63972-RZA (Form 3), which includes a $250 filing fee made payable to the City of New York Building Authority.  The paperwork must be notarized and submitted within 21 days of requesting said form, after which,  your Request 63972-RZA (Form 3) must be approved by the Building Permit Approval Committee (which only meets twice a month on Thursday afternoons between 1:00pm and 3:00pm).  If your Request 63972-RZA (Form 3) is approved by the Building Permit Approval Committe, an Environmental Impact Study of the area must be conducted (at the builders expense) which may take between 6 weeks and 6 years to complete.  If at any time said Environmental Impact Study does not meet any of the requirements in Chapter 12, Sections 635.801.00.023, 635.801.024, 635.801.025, 635.801.026, or any of the prevoiusly enacted restrictions on costruction covered under NYC Legal Code 1831Z-201, Request 63972-RZA (Form 3) may be denied.  If your Request 63971-RZA (Form 3) is denied, you may, with approval from the Special Sub-Committee on Building Permit Authorization Appeals Panel re-submit Request 63971-RZA (Form 3) no earlier than 30 days after the initial filing date with said Committee.

:-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.