Author Topic: Why is a school shooting in Israel a "Terrorist Act", but in the US it's a Menta  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2969707

tekisui  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-06-08 09:28 PM
Original message
Why is a school shooting in Israel a "Terrorist Act", but in the US it's a Mental Case?

A gunman kills 8 in an Israeli school and it is instantly labeled terrorism. No terrorist organization has claimed responsibility, Hamas denied responsibility, yet it is terrorism.

In the US 35 are killed by gunmen, 14, 6, 5, 3 and it is just a case of someone with mental problems and a gun.

I don't get it.

Refresh | 1 Recommendations    Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
:thatsright:
Because in Israel, the shooting was carried out by palis while the shootings in the US were carried out by deranged individuals.

malaise  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-06-08 09:29 PM
Response to Original message
1. Who knows but no matter what they call it

whyu is it getting more coverage than the murder of the Palestinian women and children last week -by the state of Israel
   Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
If palis did not attack Israelis, none of this would be happening.

JanMichael  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-06-08 09:31 PM
2. because the one at the Isreali school was motivated by political

divisions, and the ones in the US are just plain jerks that can get guns easily.

MadMaddie  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-06-08 09:32 PM
4. Wait in the Seattle area...where the ELF burned the multi-million

dollar houses...this was the lead for the local news

Terrorist group "Elf" left their calling card...

No they are not terrorist they are arsonists criminals and to use the word terrorist anytime something happens is insane...this is exactly what happened in Pre-Nazi Germany.

We need to call the media on their laziness and jumping on the band wagon to label every crime a terroristic act.

Pachamama  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-06-08 09:35 PM
6. Because Bushco. and Homeland Security can't claim anymore that since 911 that there have been no

terrorist activities on our soil....that's why....
:bird:
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Terrorism is or isn`t to a DUmmie whatever they feel can be used by them for political gain. :censored:

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Hamas has claimed responsibility..................whatcha gotta say now ****wads :bird:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Terrorism:The calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear

It seems to me that the ELF bastards fit this definition to a T...... :bs:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Terrorism:The calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear

It seems to me that the ELF bastards fit this definition to a T...... :bs:
No, they are just trying to scare folks. They never "intend" on hurting anyone. Ask TNO.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
We don't call them DUmmies for nothing.

Terrorist:  Someone who uses violence for political purposes.  They are making a statement about their political views and are trying to sway the population into surrender in a war of ideas.  Take the Palestinian / Israeli conflict.  The gunman in the school shooting was acting politically and was affiliated with an anti-Israeli militant group.  That's why his actions were those of a terrorist.

Domestic Shooter:  Someone who has no political motives and is not part of any particular political group trying to gain notoriety or media attention for their "cause".  They are typically individuals who broke up with their girlfriend, feel someone has wronged them and are seeking revenge or are just plain mentally deranged.

Now chew on that for a while, DUmmies, and see if your peanut brains can put it all together.
