Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Cynthia McKinney  (Read 911 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmies Discuss Cynthia McKinney
« on: July 09, 2009, 08:00:08 PM »
First, a long, long, seemingly endless tribute to Cynthia McKinney, the wacko anti-semite who is, at any rate, smarter than Sheila Jackson Lee:

Time for change  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jul-09-09 07:53 PM
Original message
The Vilification of Cynthia McKinney
 It makes me sad and angry to hear Cynthia McKinney accused of bigotry. It’s bad enough to hear right wingers do that – that’s to be expected. But to hear charges like that spread on progressive web sites is depressing.

Blah, blah....

The right-wing focused on a lengthy radio interview she did in 2001, where she commented on the Bush administration’s objections to there being an official investigation into 9/11.

Blah, blah, blah,  troofer blah...

McKinney was pilloried in the press, called a “wacko” and worse...

As a result of McKinney’s many high profile words and actions, her primary opponent in her 2002 bid for re-election to Georgia’s 4th District House seat “was massively assisted by a national media campaign of slander against McKinney”. She won her seat back in 2004, but in 2006 her seat was targeted again, thus ending her Congressional career (apparently), as she was the only Congressional Democrat to lose her seat that year. It’s a shame that some on the left have bought into the right wing slander against her.

A few words about anti-Semitism

Blah, blah, Jew-hating blah....

Derogatory comments against Israel are NOT anti-Semitic

Blah, blah, more antisemitic blah...

On the claim that Cynthia McKinney is anti-Semitic or bigoted

Blah, blah...

And what about the complaint that McKinney shouldn’t give interviews with interviewers like that, or that she should have argued with him when he made statements that could have been construed as anti-Semitic?

First of all, progressives are often interviewed by FOX News or other bigoted or corporate news organizations. Wesley Clark was even a commentator for FOX News. How many liberals have appeared on news shows with Pat Buchanan or other like-minded talking heads, for example? Do we accuse them of being bigots because of that?
Is there not a double standard operating here?

The most important reason for right wing hatred of Cynthia McKinney

McKinney’s questioning of the Bush administration’s role in the 9/11 attacks on our country, and her opposition to the Iraq War were probably the biggest reasons why she became a right wing target. Indeed, it is fair to say that her words about George Bush in this 2002 speech “crossed a line” that many Americans consider sacred, especially with regard to Bush’s role in the 9/11 attacks on our country, and also with regard to McKinney’s adamant opposition to the Iraq War.

Blah, blah, LIHOP blah....

Let’s Not Help the Far Right in their Efforts to Destroy Cynthia McKinney’s Reputation

Blah, blah, BS blah...

Our country desperately needs politicians like Cynthia McKinney – politicians who will not shrink from protecting the vulnerable or criticizing the powerful.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6026346#6026638

As you would expect, most DUmmies defend this nutcase:

Horse with no Name  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jul-09-09 07:56 PM
Response to Original message
1. Increasingly, "progressive" voices on websites are being drowned out
 by disenchanted republicans who for the time being like our party better than they like theirs at this point in time.
They are doing everything they can to marginalize the progressive message and the messengers.
It happens everywhere. Even here.

cali  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jul-09-09 07:59 PM
2. What would you think of a progressive politician who gave an extensive interview
 to an anti-Muslim hate site? What if that person just sat there and didn't challenge the ugly bigotry that the interviewer was spewing? Would you condone that?

Cynthia McKinney did just that when she gave an interview to Iamthewitness which is blatantly and hideously anti-semitic. She's earned the title of bigot. 

baldguy  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jul-09-09 08:03 PM
Response to Reply #2
5. A lot of anti-Israel statements; no bigoted anti-Semitic statements.
 Try again.

LWolf  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jul-09-09 08:24 PM
18. Outstanding post. Thank you.
 She is a sad loss for the party, imo.

Then, DUmmy OMC cuts to the chase:

OPERATIONMINDCRIME  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jul-09-09 08:20 PM
15. She's More Than Just A Bigot. She's A Dumb As Dirt Delusional Attention Whore As Well.

His donor star must be for much more than the minimum amount.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: DUmmies Discuss Cynthia McKinney
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 08:06:39 PM »
OPERATIONMINDCRIME  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jul-09-09 08:20 PM
15. She's More Than Just A Bigot. She's A Dumb As Dirt Delusional Attention Whore As Well.

When OMC is good, he is very very good...but when he is bad, he is horrid.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 08:59:05 PM »
When OMC is good, he is very very good...but when he is bad, he is horrid.

he is going to attract bad attention over there, they have itchy granite buttons

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 11:51:06 PM »
DissedByBush  Thu Jul-09-09 11:30 PM
Response to Reply #64
116. Agree, she's an insane liability

We don't need to be party of kooks. Too bad because she introduced some good legislation.
That last sentence, yeah, that's the one that PROVES you are the party of kooks
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 11:58:29 PM »
This holier than thou Moonbat needs to be thrown under the steam roller! Screw the bus! I've seen the video where she was too good to show a cop her ID going into the House. I wish he would have tazed her!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 03:38:23 PM »
he is going to attract bad attention over there, they have itchy granite buttons
Nope...OMC, has the "goods" on Skinner...
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 04:11:38 PM »
Nope...OMC, has the "goods" on Skinner...

That is the only reason he's stayed so long.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 04:28:04 PM »
Other than she looked like Buckwheat on a good day and was so rock-solid stupid that stumps were more intelligent, I find nothing wrong with Ms.McKinney....    :rotf:

On a lighter note, has Shelia Jackson-Lee  :loser: got the Martian Rover dudes to wheel over to where we landed back in 1969? 
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.