Author Topic: ATF, Arson Investigators at Abortion Clinic Fire in Bellevue  (Read 1399 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
ATF, Arson Investigators at Abortion Clinic Fire in Bellevue
« on: January 17, 2009, 04:53:42 PM »
There's no evidence as yet that this was arson. Like most people, I don't agree with arson as a protest tactic. I posted this really for adbot's contribution which must be making them cringe on DU.  :-)
Omaha Steve  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-16-09 04:31 PM
Original message
ATF, Arson Investigators at Abortion Clinic Fire in Bellevue
 Advertisements [?]Source: KMTV

Bellevue, NE - Investigators from the ATF--the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives--are at the scene of a fire at a controversial health clinic in Bellevue. So are arson investigators.

The agents reportedly were questioning potential witnesses in the area. Investigators were carrying items out of the building, the Carhart Health Clinic.

The clinic is owned by Dr. Leroy Carhart, known for his legal fights in support of abortion rights. He testified before the U.S. Supreme Court in 2006. Anti-abortion groups have frequently picketed the clinic.

When asked if the fire was suspicious, a spokesman for Bellevue Fire told Action 3 News: "Not at this time." He says investigators haven't had time to go through the clinic to look for a cause.

Read more: http://www.action3news.com/Global/story.asp?S=9685912

county worker (54 posts)      Fri Jan-16-09 04:35 PM
Response to Original message
1. Churches all around here have little white crosses all over their lawns.
 They have a sign that reads something like this, Roe V Wade, My death was not my choice.

I think it stirs up people and that's what they are trying to do. The kooks are ready and willing to attack the left.

AlbertCat  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-16-09 05:38 PM
Response to Reply #1
4. Maybe we should add some crosses....
 ....for those killed by inquisitions and the like. And maybe a cross or two for the murdered doctors who also had no choice in their deaths....and they were conscious!

DURHAM D  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-16-09 04:41 PM
2. This sort of think just pisses me off. 
 From the article "controversial health clinic". The clinic is not controversial - it is not illegal. It is in keeping with the laws of the land.

Assholes who kill health care providers and burn things down because they are nutty, selfish, sociopaths are controversial.

wiboy  (763 posts)        Fri Jan-16-09 04:58 PM
3. Back to the 80's
 Right wing terrorists are renewing the battle.

DU AdBot (1000+ posts)      Sat Jan 17th 2009, 05:44 PM
Advertisements [?]

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: ATF, Arson Investigators at Abortion Clinic Fire in Bellevue
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 05:38:00 PM »
Oh that.

Carhart, the abortion profiteer, has been a self-made martyr for years now.

As his business isn't subject to normal and routine inspections by the city and state--such might "intimidate" women from "choice--like they do regular physician clinics, hospitals, veterinaries, to ensure such places are sanitary--it could've been faulty electrical wiring, a dumped cigarette, whatnot.

My fellow Nebraskan Omaha Steve knows that, but chooses to be stupid anyway, looking around for something to be indignant about.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 05:44:42 PM »
Oh that.

Carhart, the abortion profiteer, has been a self-made martyr for years now.

As his business isn't subject to normal and routine inspections by the city and state--such might "intimidate" women from "choice--like they do regular physician clinics, hospitals, veterinaries, to ensure such places are sanitary--it could've been faulty electrical wiring, a dumped cigarette, whatnot.

My fellow Nebraskan Omaha Steve knows that, but chooses to be stupid anyway, looking around for something to be indignant about.
Interesting, I didn't realise that. Perhaps it is an 'insurance job'.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 05:45:58 PM »
Interesting, I didn't realise that. Perhaps it is an 'insurance job'.

I suspect it's just that the place is a pigsty.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 06:43:17 PM »
Number of abortions since Roe v Wade - 30,000,000

Violence at abortion clinics: 
-----Murder-----Arson-----Assault-----hate speech---arrests--blockades-pickets
2001--- 0 --------5 -------790---------  435 --------0 ---------2 ---------9969
2002 ---0 --------1 -------265 ----------302 --------0 ---------4 --------10241
2003 ---0 --------3 -------140---------- 331-------- 0 --------10-------- 11244
2004--- 0 --------2 --------40---------- 130-------- 0 ---------4--------- 3445

PRO-ABORTION VIOLENCE AGAINST PEOPLE

1a. Homicide and Other Killings 
Fatal Botched Abortions [A]---  365   
Infanticide --------------------- 14

I think that already beats the "horribly violent" pro-life stats...but:

Abortion-Related Violence and Alleged Violence

Incidents by pro-life against pro-abortion     164           
Incidents by pro-abortion against pro-life     218         
Incidents by police against pro-abortion         0         
Incidents by police against pro-life               29   

This report also presents the following findings:

·There have been more bombings of religious facilities than all types of medical facilities combined.
·Bombings  and  attempted bombings of any type of medical facility have been rare.   There  have  been
230 times as many against other industries, homes, and other buildings.
·Only thirty-five one-thousandth of one percent of all U.S. arsons can be attributed to pro-life.
·Only one one-thousandth of one percent of all U.S. homicides can be attributed to pro-life.
·The  Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms has never connected any act of violence to any  pro-life
organization.
·The Federal Bureau of Investigation does not list any pro-life organization as terrorist.
·There are many very significant reasons for the abortion industry to deceive the public.
·The  abortion  industry  has  been  unwilling  and/or  unable  to  substantiate  their  accusations  against
pro-life.
·There are many reasons for violence against abortion facilities other than pro-life activism.
·The media rarely portrays violence by pro-abortion, but rarely doesn't portray violence by pro-life.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 07:52:01 PM »

There you go again with facts, Mrs. Smith. Stop confusing the pro-abortion argument by providing facts, please.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 08:12:13 PM »
IMHO we'll see a return of the church fires and abortion clinic bombings being breathlessly reported as a "returning epidemic" in an effort to continue portraying Conservatives as intolerant whack jobs.

In the same manner that the homeless only seem to appear when a Republican is in office...you only hear about stuff like this when a Democrat is in the White House.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 08:30:55 PM »
IMHO we'll see a return of the church fires and abortion clinic bombings being breathlessly reported as a "returning epidemic" in an effort to continue portraying Conservatives as intolerant whack jobs.

In the same manner that the homeless only seem to appear when a Republican is in office...you only hear about stuff like this when a Democrat is in the White House.

One time--and Omaha Steve knows this--the Nebraska Department of Health inspected the premises, finding half of a week-old pizza and some partially-empty cans of soda in the "operating room" there.  And cockroaches.

There was an outcry from both the abortion profiteer and the abortion enthusiasts, about how such inspections were "intimidating," and interfered with a woman's "right" to "choose."

I think the fire got started simply because the place is a pigsty--I wouldn't even take one of the cats there.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 09:08:08 PM »
Having driven past that place alot of times on the way to the gate at Offutt AFB I can tell you the building was a mess. It would have been better had the Air Force used an LGB to demolish it. It had been a car dealership foryears before that Doctor bought it for his own business such as it is. That place was so old it wouldn't take much to make it catch fire no matter what the cause was.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 11:09:57 PM »
Meanwhile, Sarah Palin's church "got what it deserved," right DUmp monkeys?

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 01:02:16 AM »

You are always right on the money, Mrs. Smith. Good find.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 02:16:54 AM »
Adbot is a lousy freeper troll.... :lmao:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 03:03:07 AM »
DURHAM D  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-16-09 04:41 PM
2. This sort of think just pisses me off.
 From the article "controversial health clinic". The clinic is not controversial - it is not illegal. It is in keeping with the laws of the land.

Assholes who kill health care providers and burn things down because they are nutty, selfish, sociopaths are controversial.

Wouldn't a more appropriate title for doctors who specialize in abortion be "death providers"?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 03:31:21 AM »
most likely a case of bad wiring or a space heater.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 10:10:43 AM »
WOWT TV Ch. 6 In Omaha reported that local authorites do not believe that this is a case of arson so the DUmpmonkies once again prove to the world they couldn't think their way out of a paper bag.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 10:14:51 AM »
WOWT TV Ch. 6 In Omaha reported that local authorites do not believe that this is a case of arson so the DUmpmonkies once again prove to the world they couldn't think their way out of a paper bag.

Did you expect any different?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 01:35:41 PM »
county worker (54 posts)      Fri Jan-16-09 04:35 PM
1. Churches all around here have little white crosses all over their lawns.
 They have a sign that reads something like this, Roe V Wade, My death was not my choice.

I think it stirs up people and that's what they are trying to do. The kooks are ready and willing to attack the left.

One wonders what their reaction would be if instead of Roe V Wade the sign referenced "soldiers killed in Iraq", "Americans who died because they didn't have health care", "cute polar bears who died because of global warming", or "lab animals killed for medical research" (I was going to say babies who died of starvation in Darfur but figured they'd just think of that as a post-birth abortion). I bet they'd all be commenting on how brilliant this peaceful protest was, how enlightened, how very uber-progressive and thoughtful. Then I'm sure if it stirred people up it would be a good thing because maybe they'd be motivated to DO something. And if a nearby SUV dealership was set on fire or research facility bombed there would be no connection whatsoever. Besides, those radical groups might be a little over the top but the message is so important with such global implications people need to be shaken out of their apathy. Because it's always a better moral choice to violently suck a baby from a woman's womb than to humanely put a lab rat to sleep.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams