Author Topic: Would-be robber gunned down by his victim  (Read 2513 times)

Offline MrsSmith

Would-be robber gunned down by his victim
« on: January 17, 2009, 04:39:02 PM »
gorfle  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jan-17-09 02:50 PM
Original message

Would-be robber gunned down by his victim

Advertisements [?]

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/stories/...

"He asked the stranger what he wanted, and noticed the man was reaching for his waistband or pockets, the detective said. Instinctively, the passenger shoved open his door, knocking the suspected robber back a few feet, Willis said. The woman started screaming.

The man got out of the truck and the suspected robber raised a weapon at him, Willis said. “When he saw that, he just started shooting,” the detective said.
>>>snip

Possibly a good bonfire, given time...

geckosfeet  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jan-17-09 05:27 PM
Response to Reply #4
7. And the shooter will live happily ever after.
 Edited on Sat Jan-17-09 05:27 PM by geckosfeet
I don't see as how he saved anything. He simply traded one life for another. Who is to say which life is worth living and which is not.

Your attitude, and the apparent attitude of the op is why people resent responsible gun owners.

Responsible?   ::) ::)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Would-be robber gunned down by his victim
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 04:43:15 PM »
Response to Reply #4
7. And the shooter will live happily ever after.  I don't see as how he saved anything. He simply traded one life for another. Who is to say which life is worth living and which is not.

That has got to be the dumbest thing I've read today (day's not over yet).  I hope the "shooter" lives a long, prosperous, happy life filled with family and friends.  As for the ex-robber, you play with fire, you get burned.

I wonder what gecko's position is on abortion. 
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 04:45:43 PM »
That has got to be the dumbest thing I've read today (day's not over yet).  I hope the "shooter" lives a long, prosperous, happy life filled with family and friends.  As for the ex-robber, you play with fire, you get burned.

I wonder what gecko's position is on abortion.  
Do you seriously have any doubt?   ::)  Or any doubt that gecko does NOT see the hypocrisy?  ::) 

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 04:46:21 PM »
Do you seriously have any doubt?   ::)  Or any doubt that gecko does NOT see the hypocrisy?  ::) 

C) All of the above.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 05:41:05 PM »
Isn't getting shot by your victim an "occupational hazard?"
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 06:45:03 PM »
Isn't getting shot by your victim an "occupational hazard?"
I guess that would depend on the local gun control laws.  It probably isn't a hazard in places like D.C., or public schools, or colleges, or other liberal-dominated bastions of stupidity.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 09:19:30 PM »
There was a shooting wedsday in Omaha where two guys were killed at a store that sold jewelry and grills. for some reason an argument broke out about merchandise not the way the customers liked it became a fire fight when the two customers  started a firefight with a 9mm pistol being fired by one of them at the stores owner.

The stores owner returns fire with an SKS and empties it at the two idiots.  The police say that between 10-15 rounds were shot by the store owner. A person outside of the store was wounded in the exchange of gunfire.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 09:28:39 PM »
There was a shooting wedsday in Omaha where two guys were killed at a store that sold jewelry and grills. for some reason an argument broke out about merchandise not the way the customers liked it became a fire fight when the two customers  started a firefight with a 9mm pistol being fired by one of them at the stores owner.

The stores owner returns fire with an SKS and empties it at the two idiots.  The police say that between 10-15 rounds were shot by the store owner. A person outside of the store was wounded in the exchange of gunfire.

And did you see the county attorney refuses to press charges against the store owner, it being a clear unambiguous case of self-defense?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 09:35:50 PM »
And did you see the county attorney refuses to press charges against the store owner, it being a clear unambiguous case of self-defense?

Yes I did Frank. I can see if it was 5- maybe 7 rounds because both parties were trying to avoid getting shot but 10-15 rounds? and he ends up wounding another person that for anyoneknows had nothing to do with the argument that caused the shooting. He may have been justified in shooting back but he;ll probably get sued by the wounded guy for a nice amont of cash.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 09:40:18 PM »
Uh, Airwolf, sir, I only quickly scanned the story this morning, but it seemed to me the third person was one of accomplices of the other two.

Or perhaps I read too quickly?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 09:52:21 PM »
Piec of shit thief threatening law abiding citizens certainly equals law abiding person protecting themselves.

Sometime I really think a good pair of garden shears and a DUmmy's thumbs should meet.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 10:05:55 PM »
Response to Reply #4
7. And the shooter will live happily ever after.
 Edited on Sat Jan-17-09 05:27 PM by geckosfeet
I don't see as how he saved anything. He simply traded one life for another. Who is to say which life is worth living and which is not.

Let me guess... the guy who doesn't make his living robbing people at gun point?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 10:17:16 PM »
The DUmmy "geckosfeet" would've been screaming like a little bitch and begging for someone who was armed swoop in and save the DUmmy, had the event happened to it. The Dummy wouldn't have been contemplating the dynamics of the situation as the violent thief being the innocent martyr.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 01:46:33 AM »
who is to say which life is worth living and which is not???

I thought liberals worshipped DARWIN!!! How about Darwin you tool!!!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 05:21:16 AM »
I guess that would depend on the local gun control laws.  It probably isn't a hazard in places like D.C., or public schools, or colleges, or other liberal-dominated bastions of stupidity.

Ah.  H5 for reminding me that not all of the country (actually, very little of this country) lives in a common-sense state of mind.

FGL, H5 to you for the second line . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline claret1995

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 07:07:26 AM »
Uh, Airwolf, sir, I only quickly scanned the story this morning, but it seemed to me the third person was one of accomplices of the other two.

Frank

If you are correct the accomplise,under most state laws,can now be charged with MURDER.

If you are involved in committing a felony and someone dies,even by say a heart attack,you can and in most cases will be charged with murder

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 07:35:57 AM »
A responsible gun owner who, in the original case, only pulled his weapon when one was pulled on him.  Pretty straightforward there.

As to the Nebraska issue, the word is "adrenaline". 
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 10:05:15 AM »

Its probably likely that he was involved Frank. The thing is that unless he's charged as such he can still sue the store owner and so far as I know the wounded guy hasn;t been charged yet.
MOLON LABE

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 02:12:07 PM »
thanks. I thought it was pretty good too.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 09:59:56 PM »
Well now the latest news is the store owner will not re open his business and the wife of the shooter wants the city to reopen the investigation saying there was no reason for the blame to be placed on her husband ,the one that opend fire with a 9mm handgun.
MOLON LABE

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 03:58:42 PM »
live by the sword, die by the sword, criminal

to the unnamed shooter, may the road rise to meet you and may you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows your dead

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 10:11:40 PM »
A standard SKS only holds ten cartridges, so if more than ten shots were fired by the jewelry store owner, he would have likely had to reload. And unless he had a stripper clip handy, that would not have been a very rapid process. Of course he could have installed one of those 30 round magazines. But then the story would have read "twenty to thirty shots fired". I'd say the DUmmies.. I mean the robbers probably got off five, and the merchant got off ten. But I didn't bother to read the story, just working with second hand information and applying my distrust of the media.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2009, 10:13:43 PM »
A standard SKS only holds ten cartridges, so if more than ten shots were fired by the jewelry store owner, he would have likely had to reload. And unless he had a stripper clip handy, that would not have been a very rapid process. Of course he could have installed one of those 30 round magazines. But then the story would have read "twenty to thirty shots fired". I'd say the DUmmies.. I mean the robbers probably got off five, and the merchant got off ten. But I didn't bother to read the story, just working with second hand information and applying my distrust of the media.

"standard". They make bigger magazines for the SKS.

http://www.sks-rifles.com/category/771-SKS_Magazines.aspx
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2009, 10:26:51 PM »
I heard Dems have already introduced a bill that would serialize bullets and clips and ban the reloading of clips with new bullets, how long before homemade bullets are banned?

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2009, 11:45:48 PM »
I heard Dems have already introduced a bill that would serialize bullets and clips and ban the reloading of clips with new bullets, how long before homemade bullets are banned?

From what I have heard they will add it to the new AWB
MOLON LABE