Author Topic: schrecklichkeit  (Read 1078 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
schrecklichkeit
« on: January 14, 2009, 07:10:44 PM »
I've been looking for something among the primitives of Skins's island that used to be there, but hasn't been there lately, this notion that after the Democrats, liberals, and primitives take power, they're going to wipe decent and civilized people who oppose them off the map.

Man, that used to be common on Skins's island.

However, I'm not seeing any suggestion of schrecklichkeit among the primitives, at least lately (the past several weeks).

I wonder what's up with that; the primitives used to promise it all the time.

If anybody sees any primitive suggestions of schrecklichkeit, holler at me.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline MrsSmith

Re: schrecklichkeit
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 07:27:54 PM »
This is the closest I've seen lately...

Hatred for the right grows all over the world!

It's not a bonfire at all...only one reply.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 07:35:26 PM »
It could one of to things.

1. They realize that unlike Hitlers Final Solution,they can't do a thing as long as a majority of the right have guns and ammo to allow us to fight back.

2. They are just hiding what they are planing to do and hoping we do not get wind of it in time.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 07:50:57 PM »
I'm still seeing a lot of vitriolic hatred for Bush...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8087622
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8089570
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8089565

There's even a few PUMA's showing up to the party

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8087013

alas I haven't noticed a great number of threads calling for the purges of all Republicans / Conservatives / etc.

I think they're lost between "Death to Repugs" and "Where's my Free Ponyâ„¢" ; really just gearing up for 4 years of complaining that their Messiah isn't saving them.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 04:31:49 AM »
Well, please keep the eyes open, folks, because I had expected a lot of it, and it's not happening.

For lurking primitives too illiterate to look it up, schrecklichkeit was used by the Germans in Belgium in 1914; terror, to scare the civilians into subservience, the idea being that a conquered people were to be submissive.

Fat Che had been a big advocate of this, but as Fat Che's banished from Skins's island, and still hasn't let me onto the Rancid Rhodes message board that he "administers," I haven't been paying attention to the loser.

My attitude is the same as expressed in that old Yiddish adage, "Even a Jew in exile has his mouth."

Or, as the primitives have said so much the past eight years, "Dissent is patriotic;" franksolich is, if nothing else, patriotic.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 07:13:45 PM »
Randi Rhodes still has a radio show?

Does he still archive shows and adminster White Rose?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 07:15:59 PM »
Randi Rhodes still has a radio show?

Does he still archive shows and adminster White Rose?

Apparently she does.

And as for Fat Che's White Rose Society, apparently that's still in existence.  I was looking around to see if Fat Che had started a fund-raiser for it, but came up dry.

Alas! poor Fat Che! always doomed to scrounge for dimes! alas! poor Fat Che!
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 07:24:03 PM »
The difference between those germans and the DUchebags is a spine.

nuff said.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 07:25:04 PM »
Apparently she does.

And as for Fat Che's White Rose Society, apparently that's still in existence.  I was looking around to see if Fat Che had started a fund-raiser for it, but came up dry.

Alas! poor Fat Che! always doomed to scrounge for dimes! alas! poor Fat Che!
Oh yeah, I remember that now, he used to fund raise on DU, being banished must have really hurt.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 07:36:51 PM »
I've been looking for something among the primitives of Skins's island that used to be there, but hasn't been there lately, this notion that after the Democrats, liberals, and primitives take power, they're going to wipe decent and civilized people who oppose them off the map.

Man, that used to be common on Skins's island.

However, I'm not seeing any suggestion of schrecklichkeit among the primitives, at least lately (the past several weeks).

I wonder what's up with that; the primitives used to promise it all the time.

If anybody sees any primitive suggestions of schrecklichkeit, holler at me.

Since Nov. 4th they seemed to have toned down the militant rhetoric at least in that area.

They're like children who talk real big about how when they charge and knock you off the dirt pile and become "king of the mountain" then they'll make sure everyone will never be able to beat them again.  Then they get lucky and knock off the "king" and suddenly they don't talk so tough.  Suddenly they want everyone to forget how nasty they behaved and want everyone to play nice and not push so hard.

Once they start seeing they aren't going to get everything they want, it'll ramp back up, and the death threats will start all over again.

Liken it to the "Bush is going to declare Marshall law" threads we saw at the DUmp.  They quit making those, too, the last few weeks, and they were virtually a daily fixture since the site started.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 07:56:33 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.