Author Topic: VIDEO: The "You" in YouTube Is Moving to Rumble  (Read 763 times)

Offline pjcomix

VIDEO: The "You" in YouTube Is Moving to Rumble
« on: December 26, 2020, 11:17:32 AM »
Due to astounding mismanagement by YouTube which is alienating many of its creators via lack of promotion and/or censorship in which vague rules are selectively enforced to the detriment of the "You" in YouTube, many creators are now in the process of moving to Rumble where they don't have to be worried about a Big Brother attitude.

https://rumble.com/vc6y6j-the-you-in-youtube-is-moving-to-rumble.html

Offline beefeater

Re: VIDEO: The "You" in YouTube Is Moving to Rumble
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 11:31:13 AM »
Don't scoff.

In 1943 Thomas Watson, then president of International Big Mother, said he thought there was a world market "for maybe five computers" and "5,000 copying machines".

And who can forget Compuserv, AOL, Netscape, Napster, and MySpace?

Nothing is forever.
My Old Man was a Chicago Republican until the day he died.

Then he became a democrat.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 01:10:06 PM »
Don't scoff.

In 1943 Thomas Watson, then president of International Big Mother, said he thought there was a world market "for maybe five computers" and "5,000 copying machines".

Nothing is forever.

It would be nice to add facebook and twitter to that list.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 01:25:57 PM »
1BM, Compaq, HP, Sun Microsystems, Tandem Computers (not Tandy, parent of Radio Shack), Silicon Graphics, Palm Computing, Commodore ...

Many high-flyers took off on their first big idea, but failed to come up with the next big idea (and some, like 1BM and HP, stumble later in the chain of big ideas). 1BM and HP demonstrate that that Idea-Surfer companies like Apple are not invulnerable.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 01:41:23 PM »
Don't scoff.

Nothing is forever.

AOL was pretty big. I remember getting free AOL CDs by mail. Let's not forget Prodigy.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 01:43:24 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2020, 02:16:28 PM »
AOL was pretty big. I remember getting free AOL CDs by mail. Let's not forget Prodigy.

Same here. Turns out those CDs made great drink coasters. Just glue felt on one side and you're good to go.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2020, 02:46:25 PM »
Too bad Trump started thinking about breaking up the big platforms too late. Facebook should be broken up and should never been allowed to take over their competitors. The same goes for Google and youtube.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2020, 05:31:02 PM »
Too bad Trump started thinking about breaking up the big platforms too late. Facebook should be broken up and should never been allowed to take over their competitors. The same goes for Google and youtube.

That's something that made me clench my teeth in frustration; President Trump acted way too slow, or not at all, on certain things that obviously would cause problems later--that which you mentioned, and making it harder for the Democrats to turn the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico into states.  Among other things.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2020, 09:55:00 AM »
Maybe, hopefully, The Marketplace can take care of Big Tech abuses without legislation and government control which will not work.

On a somewhat related topic:  How many new gotta-have bells and whistles can Apple possibly put on the iPhone?  Add to that, the massive changes coming to international supply chains and China's faltering economy.  Just my 2 cents.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2020, 10:47:28 AM »
On a side-note, many YouTube SNAFU's have to do with copyright-infringement. 

That's why vloggers, gamers, and their followers are continually upset.  You can't play 'current' music or willy-nilly read-from articles, etc., without the proverbial 'expressed written permission' of the originators, etc.

Is YouTube biased against Conservatives generally?  Yeah.  Stuff gets taken-down disproportionately, by far. 

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2020, 10:53:26 AM »
It would be nice to add facebook and twitter to that list.

Despite what the media would have you believe, most young people don’t bother with Facebook or Twitter. That’s for “old people.” The current fad is Instagram and Snapchat. Shoot, since I’ve typed this it’s probably changed again.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2020, 04:27:11 PM »
Maybe, hopefully, The Marketplace can take care of Big Tech abuses without legislation and government control which will not work.

On a somewhat related topic:  How many new gotta-have bells and whistles can Apple possibly put on the iPhone?  Add to that, the massive changes coming to international supply chains and China's faltering economy.  Just my 2 cents.

Big tech is way to big, google is to powerful to be broken up or replaced.
As for the I phone thing all apple needs to do is advertise that the next new phone is better and people will rush out to have the latest, greatest status symbol.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!