Author Topic: Now this is a classy President  (Read 1686 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: Now this is a classy President
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2012, 09:07:49 PM »
The 'ol coot still looks good, and Barb, too.
God bless you, George Sr. and the wife as well.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 09:09:25 PM »

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 09:12:48 PM »

:drool:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 09:13:10 PM »
I'll take #1 for a thousand.  :-)
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Chris_

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 09:13:34 PM »

You can always trust your dad to embarrass you.  That's what they're there for.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2012, 09:14:20 PM »
I'll take #1 for a thousand.  :-)
I think you're going to need more than that.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2012, 09:16:22 PM »
I think you're going to need more than that.
Cut it out.
I'm still lauaghing at the caption from the last post.  :cheersmate: :rotf: :lmao:

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 09:56:39 PM »
Yeah what you said.
Bush made some mistakes, but I always knew he was doing what he thought was right for the country, whether it was or not is debatable of course, but at least we could count on him to not purposely destroy our country. 0bama is the first president that seems to actually want to destroy us, if he gets 4 more years we are in BIG trouble.  

Yep Freep. I agree. There was no doubt where W. Bush stood. As for obumbles? I just don't know. Don't know where he stands. Hell at least Clinton would stand up for the country sometimes.   :fuelfire:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 10:15:30 PM »
Yep Freep. I agree. There was no doubt where W. Bush stood. As for obumbles? I just don't know. Don't know where he stands. Hell at least Clinton would stand up for the country sometimes.   :fuelfire:
To the far left, sir, to the far left.

Offline sybilll

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 11:39:53 PM »

You can always trust your dad to embarrass you.  That's what they're there for.
Awwwwwwwww, his red, white and blue socks are adorable and patriotic in my opinion.  It's obvious he is getting on up there, but still wanted to show his patriotism, and yes it seems eccentric, but my dad is about his age, so he gets a pass from me. 

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2012, 12:15:31 AM »
I wonder if the young guy behind the wheelchair really knows?

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2012, 11:27:01 AM »
This was one of the best lines of the speech:

I am honored to be hanging near a man who gave me the greatest gift possible, unconditional love -- and that would be number 41.

You can tell that he has great love and respect for his father.

Read the transcript here: http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-video/video/2012/05/31/unveiling-official-president-bush-portrait#transcript

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2012, 11:55:14 AM »
Remembering some of the stupid "pranks" the outgoing Clinton people left for the incoming Bush 43 administration, I shudder to think what Zero's people are going to leave for Romney's administration. I'm sure it will be as low class and immature as possible . . .  :censored:
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Karin

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2012, 12:40:00 PM »
Over at the Daily Mail, almost all the comments are kind and positive toward the Bush's and say how much they miss them.  The thing of it is, these comments come from places like Massachusetts, Seattle, NYNY and the UK.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2012, 12:56:23 PM »
Over at the Daily Mail, almost all the comments are kind and positive toward the Bush's and say how much they miss them.  The thing of it is, these comments come from places like Massachusetts, Seattle, NYNY and the UK.

The Bush's were some of the nicest and most respectful people to ever occupy the White House. I would also say the same thing about the Reagan's.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2012, 01:53:21 PM »
The Bush's were some of the nicest and most respectful people to ever occupy the White House. I would also say the same thing about the Reagan's.

Where else but in America can one one find a Leader and Son a Leader sereprated by other Leaders in the same room with a Present leader.  Only in America.  Only thing missing to make this historic is Clinton and Hillery.  A shame they could not make the party.

So we have 3 first Lady's, and 3 leaders in same room and all keep on smiling,  impossible in any other nation.

So the Liberals can suck on this, Normal people that have a life, a sense of humor and family values that go from generation to generation.  Too bad the liberal generation will die off if they keep killing their children and stop the DNA from going any further then themselves.

For any Libs that say that George and wife looked drunk or high------Betch they have plenty of photos that make them look the same, even as kids.

Wonderful photos of 3 generations of leaders from father to son.  Seems grandpa still has a sense of humor, his wife that has been beside him for how many years, the son and wife also a leader and the grandchildren all so proud of parents and grand parents.

Only jealous folks are those that they can never go to any family Reunion with grandparents, parents and grand kids.   Oh yes HE/HE and SHE/SHE can adopt but this is far from a HE/SHE adopting.

Great photos and a testament to family ---real family life.    I am sure if the twins were adopted by their parents they would feel the same as if they were blood bonded.

-

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2012, 02:02:02 PM »

I noticed that too.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats